Let's See if MU gets the Headline

Billboy1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait! I thought the grand goal was to get on Sportscenter so that thousands more fine young scholars would apply to our university. And what happened tonight? Sportscenter ran absolutely no video from our game. Zip. Nada.

And I see all you coverage mongers were all over that one (as well as the 15 seconds KMOV gave us as opposed to the minute and a half it gave the Mizlosers).

Stay classy, Billikens.com.

I watched the postgame coverage on TruTV. They spent 10 minutes in an hour long show on the Billikens. Our game was 1 of 3 from today that was covered twice, Norfolk St & Lehigh's were the others.

I watched the postgame coverage on TruTV. They spent 10 minutes in an hour long show on the Billikens. Our game was 1 of 3 from today that was covered twice, Norfolk St & Lehigh's were the others.

Well two 15s upsetting two 2s is a lot bigger than a 9 beating an 8. The 15s winning those game change a lot in the tournament, our win doesn't really change much (other than for us obviously). Not sure if you were complaining or not, just pointing it out.

Mizzou should be the headline, they just made history in a bad way. Great win by SLU, everyone should look forward to Sunday instead of worrying about what the headline in the paper is. Have fun and enjoy this run and quit being stupid ######

Mizzou should be the headline, they just made history in a bad way. Great win by SLU, everyone should look forward to Sunday instead of worrying about what the headline in the paper is. Have fun and enjoy this run and quit being stupid ######

+1

Well two 15s upsetting two 2s is a lot bigger than a 9 beating an 8. The 15s winning those game change a lot in the tournament, our win doesn't really change much (other than for us obviously). Not sure if you were complaining or not, just pointing it out.

Not complaining. We got the most coverage along with the 2 big upsets.

Agree. If I were a copy editor, which is the bigger story? Come on.

"

SLU's 61-54 victory at Nationwide Arena left Memphis star Will Barton broken down and wiping tears in the postgame interview session."

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-majerus-style-has-billikens-still-standing/article_1e44669c-e48d-5fa2-a673-22dba2864fe2.html#ixzz1pNvxvGnw

Is there video of this interview online? I'd love to see it.

I liked the quote from Jackson in the PD who said "we never saw anything like that before" and "it kind of messed us up" ...even though Memphis trolls said all week that whatever we threw at them was nothing they hadn't seen before and that it would be no big deal. Oops. Where are the trolls now? Win=troll repellant

I liked the quote from Jackson in the PD who said "we never saw anything like that before" and "it kind of messed us up" ...even though Memphis trolls said all week that whatever we threw at them was nothing they hadn't seen before and that it would be no big deal. Oops. Where are the trolls now? Win=troll repellant

MSU Fans are saying the same thing. I hope the MSU players are already looking past us 'nobodies'