Let's See if MU gets the Headline

Billboy1

Every once in a while MUTGR has a few classy posts, then he goes off on rants like this and starts calling our coach an attention *****, mocking our NCAA appearance, etc. It always interesting when people reveal their true stripes.

p.s. you may want to purchase a calendar one of these days as RM's requests to play Mizzou involve far more than the period right around the Bragging Rights game. It's just too bad your adminstration is to chickensheat to ever play the game.

I don't generally start slinging mud, but I'm happy to do my part when a few of you take pot shots at Mizzou.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are assuming potential mi$$ouri students can read. however i would agree that the brighter mi$$ouri students that can indeed read would spend most of their read time reading billboards.

Agree.

Athletes get a break in a lot of schools, but not much at SLU.

At Missouri, however, it is a joke. There is "Biology for Non Science Majors", and other courses, strictly for football and basketball players. A friend of mine's graduate school son taught it, laughed his ass off at how stupid the MU players were... high school level course at best.

MUTGR: Your response?

Agree.

Athletes get a break in a lot of schools, but not much at SLU.

At Missouri, however, it is a joke. There is "Biology for Non Science Majors", and other courses, strictly for football and basketball players. A friend of mine's graduate school son taught it, laughed his ass off at how stupid the MU players were... high school level course at best.

MUTGR: Your response?

What is there to respond to, your friend's son's impressions of the intelligence of MU's players? I'm sure all of the billiken student athletes are brilliant and all of Mizzou's student athletes are borderline brain dead. Is that about right?

I'm not aware of courses offered strickly for football and basketball players. I'd be surprised if that was true.

What is there to respond to, your friend's son's impressions of the intelligence of MU's players? I'm sure all of the billiken student athletes are brilliant and all of Mizzou's student athletes are borderline brain dead. Is that about right?

I'm not aware of courses offered strickly for football and basketball players. I'd be surprised if that was true.

Nice try.

"Impressions"?

He TAUGHT the class.

He answered incredibly stupid questions, graded the tests, determined their grades.

It was freshman-soph high school level, and many struggled, most just got by.

I guess I am the one to blame for resurrecting this old Mizzou post. I just thought kind of strange seeing a Mizzou billboard right in the middle of Atlanta. Missouri means nothing to me, I neither love them or hate them but still don't understand the purpose

I do agree with my good friend Larry 72 on this and hope Mizzou knows what they are in for. It is religion down here and they all seem totally consumed with football.You kind have to live down here and intermingle with these folks to believe it. Seems like every car and pickup in Georgia has this 'G' somewhere on the car/pickup. I go to several SEC games a year and I have to admit I grown very fond of it. The whole spectacle with its traditions and culture behind it is amazing. Now I have not been to many Mizzou games lately, last time was in the early/mid 70's and recall sitting on this hill to watch the games.

As far competing, in the last 10 years of the Cotton Bowl the SEC is 8-2 with the Big 12. Usually the team that goes to the Cotton Bowl is in the middle of the standings of the SEC. The champion is usually going to the champion BCS bowl which the SEC has 7 championships in the last 10 years.

Mizzou better be prepared to open the check book to compete.

It should also noted, most SEC fans (from a variety of schools) are not very happy with Missouri, A&M, etc.. coming in. They like things as they are :angry:

Taj, '72 and Nashville.

No one is saying football is NOT "a religion" in the SEC. It is. Football is crazy in the South. We vacation in Destin FL and drive thru this Southeast and see the window stickers on their cars, the magnets on the gas covers of their cars, the bumper stickers, etc. At the pool/beach, we see the team name/logo's/colors on their beach chairs, their coolers and their coolies. We see their apparel from their logo'd shirts, shorts, sweatpants, hats, jackets, etc. I get it. Their fans are crazy and passionate. Football is part of their very being. At the same time, this passion does not necessarily make their teams better on the field.

My only point is that Mizzou (and again, I am not their loyal fan) is well used to playing "big-time" football. See their past schedules against UT, OU, A&M and NE.

Now, if the discussion is how well will Mizzou do, then I'd suggest probably 1 to 2 more losses per year. Don't get me wrong, Mizzou never dominated the Big XII (in ANY sport) so I have no expectations that they will dominate the SEC. A good football year at Mizzou has traditionally been 8 -3. In the SEC, I could see 7-4. Games against Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, A & M and Nebraska usually resulted in 2 to 3 losses out of 4 games (didn't play all 5 each year). Now, games against Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia and Tenn will probably result in 2 to 3 losses (again assuming MU will only play 3 or 4 of the 5 games).

As to good programs being down, Mizzou stomped on Nebraska when they were down (couldn't do it anymore) and may do the same against Tenn if they are down this year. At the same time, Nebraska didn't stay down for long and I doubt Tenn will stay down for very long either. As to the other games, IMO, the rivalry game against KU was much harder for Mizzou to win than the records, stats and rosters would suggest and therefore the absence of this game will help Mizzou more than most people realize. IMO, the KU often added an extra unwarranted loss or didn't make their final record look as good as it should have. Then again, the other games against against Baylor, K-State, Iowa State are probably easier than Ole Miss, Clemson, Auburn and South Carolina will be. Therefore, I see at least 1 more loss per year. Also, UK and Vanderbilt aren't to be taken lightly but also aren't perennial powers eithers.

All in all. I see Mizzou as being a 7-4 team in the SEC with some years where they may end up at 8-3 will others end up at 6-5. Now, again, if the Texas recruiting dries up and is not replaced, then I see Mizzou going back to being the 3-8 laughing stock they have been for most of my adult life. Collecting $25M to $30M per year may still make it worth it. Who knows.

Taj, '72 and Nashville.

No one is saying football is NOT "a religion" in the SEC. It is. Football is crazy in the South. We vacation in Destin FL and drive thru this Southeast and see the window stickers on their cars, the magnets on the gas covers of their cars, the bumper stickers, etc. At the pool/beach, we see the team name/logo's/colors on their beach chairs, their coolers and their coolies. We see their apparel from their logo'd shirts, shorts, sweatpants, hats, jackets, etc. I get it. Their fans are crazy and passionate. Football is part of their very being. At the same time, this passion does not necessarily make their teams better on the field.

My only point is that Mizzou (and again, I am not their loyal fan) is well used to playing "big-time" football. See their past schedules against UT, OU, A&M and NE.

Now, if the discussion is how well will Mizzou do, then I'd suggest probably 1 to 2 more losses per year. Don't get me wrong, Mizzou never dominated the Big XII (in ANY sport) so I have no expectations that they will dominate the SEC. A good football year at Mizzou has traditionally been 8 -3. In the SEC, I could see 7-4. Games against Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, A & M and Nebraska usually resulted in 2 to 3 losses out of 4 games (didn't play all 5 each year). Now, games against Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia and Tenn will probably result in 2 to 3 losses (again assuming MU will only play 3 or 4 of the 5 games).

As to good programs being down, Mizzou stomped on Nebraska when they were down (couldn't do it anymore) and may do the same against Tenn if they are down this year. At the same time, Nebraska didn't stay down for long and I doubt Tenn will stay down for very long either. As to the other games, IMO, the rivalry game against KU was much harder for Mizzou to win than the records, stats and rosters would suggest and therefore the absence of this game will help Mizzou more than most people realize. IMO, the KU often added an extra unwarranted loss or didn't make their final record look as good as it should have. Then again, the other games against against Baylor, K-State, Iowa State are probably easier than Ole Miss, Clemson, Auburn and South Carolina will be. Therefore, I see at least 1 more loss per year. Also, UK and Vanderbilt aren't to be taken lightly but also aren't perennial powers eithers.

All in all. I see Mizzou as being a 7-4 team in the SEC with some years where they may end up at 8-3 will others end up at 6-5. Now, again, if the Texas recruiting dries up and is not replaced, then I see Mizzou going back to being the 3-8 laughing stock they have been for most of my adult life. Collecting $25M to $30M per year may still make it worth it. Who knows.

This is the way I see it as well.

billiken.com members, i was curious how many posts each of you have at tigerboard.com? anyone of you top MUTGR's 400 he has here? isnt it great he is so giving to come here and educate us on the truth? keep us straight and remind us of our place. the typical tiger fan.

billiken.com members, i was curious how many posts each of you have at tigerboard.com? anyone of you top MUTGR's 400 he has here? isnt it great he is so giving to come here and educate us on the truth? keep us straight and remind us of our place. the typical tiger fan.

I just enjoy talking about Mizzou Roy, and this is often the best place to do it!

0. Any SLU fan with more than that - or who even has an account, for that matter - is a weirdo.

I'm guessing MUTGR was this guy in college:

[Walks up to group of people who don't know him, or possibly recognize his face or vaguely know who he is or maybe have some loose connection at best.]

MUTGR: Hey guys, what's up?

Group of Non-Acquaintances: Uh, nothing.

MUTGR: What are you guys up to tonight?

GNA: [Exchange uncomfortable glances.] I think we're heading to a friend's place.

MUTGR: Sounds great. I love parties.

GNA: [Visibly becoming more uncomfortable.] Well, it's kind of a small gathering, just some good buddies. Low-key.

MUTGR: Awesome. Low-key nights are the best. Where is it?

GNA: [Very long, awkward pause. More uncomfortable glances being exchanged between group of guys who are friends with each other, not MUTGR.] We, um, haven't decided yet but it's really just a small thing, not really trying to make it a big deal...[trails off].

MUTGR: Cool. I'll just stick with you guys then. You guys getting dinner or going on a beer run or anything? Anyone mind spotting me a few bucks? I'll get you back, you guys know I'm good for it. Know any girls who will be there?

GNA: [Walking with heads down, not making eye contact.]

And, scene.

0. Any SLU fan with more than that - or who even has an account, for that matter - is a weirdo.

I'm guessing MUTGR was this guy in college:

[Walks up to group of people who don't know him, or possibly recognize his face or vaguely know who he is or maybe have some loose connection at best.]

MUTGR: Hey guys, what's up?

Group of Non-Acquaintances: Uh, nothing.

MUTGR: What are you guys up to tonight?

GNA: [Exchange uncomfortable glances.] I think we're heading to a friend's place.

MUTGR: Sounds great. I love parties.

GNA: [Visibly becoming more uncomfortable.] Well, it's kind of a small gathering, just some good buddies. Low-key.

MUTGR: Awesome. Low-key nights are the best. Where is it?

GNA: [Very long, awkward pause. More uncomfortable glances being exchanged between group of guys who are friends with each other, not MUTGR.] We, um, haven't decided yet but it's really just a small thing, not really trying to make it a big deal...[trails off].

MUTGR: Cool. I'll just stick with you guys then. You guys getting dinner or going on a beer run or anything? Anyone mind spotting me a few bucks? I'll get you back, you guys know I'm good for it. Know any girls who will be there?

GNA: [Walking with heads down, not making eye contact.]

And, scene.

That's funny. On that note, I'll bid farewell until we get together to discuss Mizzou athletics again.

MUTGR desperately seeks our approval and he gets really pissy when we don't give it to him. In the history of the Big XII, Mizzou has the fewest regular season conference championships. Compared to its big state school, BCS peers, Mizzou has a below average athletic department. Their fans tend to think they are more than they are.

The cheerleaders in the Ukraine wear hooker boots.

The DJIA market is up 80 points right now.

I'd like to own a lake house some day.

I had a satisfying lunch today.

-the quoted is one of the most useful posts in this spiraled out of control thread

-if you don't throw the line in the water they won't bite

-there needed to be much more cheerleader time in that video

-could our dance team wear boots like that? how about during next year's ncaa tourney? that would get the U some attention

That's funny. On that note, I'll bid farewell until we get together to discuss Mizzou athletics again.

That's the thing- we're not 'getting together again' with you. You're inviting yourself.

SLU fans get together here; Mizzou trolls just show up.