who's going?

How much are people paying for tickets? Stub hub cheapos (but bad seats) are about $80 - 100. I really think they can be found for less on the street there, but Michigan state fans coming scares the daylights out of me.

Do I pull the trigger, or wait to save $40 - $60.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are people paying for tickets? Stub hub cheapos (but bad seats) are about $80 - 100. I really think they can be found for less on the street there, but Michigan state fans coming scares the daylights out of me.

Do I pull the trigger, or wait to save $40 - $60.

Not sure. Face value is around $80. The person buying tickets for my group bought tickets for all 3 sessions for $200 each. Now that you know when SLU is playing, you can probably cross off one session.

This is just me, but I'd be worried about going to Columbus without tickets, unless you know from experience that you can buy tickets from scalpers easily.

Not sure. Face value is around $80. The person buying tickets for my group bought tickets for all 3 sessions for $200 each. Now that you know when SLU is playing, you can probably cross off one session.

This is just me, but I'd be worried about going to Columbus without tickets, unless you know from experience that you can buy tickets from scalpers easily.

Right now I am sitting. My parents have a request for 2 tickets from SLU, but they are low on the Billiken Club totem pole. With Stub Hub, I am looking at about $130 for a single ticket after shipping, fees, etc. If face value is $80, I bet there is some scalper out there willing to take $50 over for a single ticket.

My only experience is the 2005 tournament with GW. I bought the full session package out of fear, but when I got to Nashville there were TONs of tickets on the street.

The Michigan St. variable scares me a 'bit. The travel well, but will they travel for a 1 v. 16 game?

Are we session 2 on friday? Me and my friends are scrambling to try and figure out what tickets to buy.. any help would be appreciated...

Currently on the Nationwide arena website and there seem to be a lot of tickets available but we don't want to wait too long.

We are the second session. But how are you finding to buy single session tickets on the Nationwide Arena? I only see All-Session

Right now I am sitting. My parents have a request for 2 tickets from SLU, but they are low on the Billiken Club totem pole. With Stub Hub, I am looking at about $130 for a single ticket after shipping, fees, etc. If face value is $80, I bet there is some scalper out there willing to take $50 over for a single ticket.

My only experience is the 2005 tournament with GW. I bought the full session package out of fear, but when I got to Nashville there were TONs of tickets on the street.

The Michigan St. variable scares me a 'bit. The travel well, but will they travel for a 1 v. 16 game?

Didn't think 1st round typically sold out. I think you're smart to wait, although itwould really make me nervous

This is where I am at... is this correct?

http://www.ticketsno...012?PID=1176596

Ah, I think you are good with that. It is a ticket resale site (I believe). Those tickets you can buy individual sessions, but I do not think you are buying from Nationwide Arena directly.

We went the cheap route with accommodations and booked the Knights Inn in downtown Columbus. If you book through Expedia and stay at least 2 nights, the cost is only $37 a night. Of course, you know the room is going to be terrible but who cares. We will be driving up there Tursday and should get there early evening. Also, looks like the Bills are playing at 6:50 local time Friday.

Also thought about staying there before reading this.. try not to laugh out loud:

“Disgusting!!”

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The first room I was given had a CAT in it!! Yes, I said cat. I asked for my money back, all of a sudden, no one spoke english...go figure! The second room was so gross, I didn't even make it beyond the bed. Writing on the walls, dirty floors, smelled something awful. Front desk still did not want to give me my money back. Third room, not AS gross as the first two. Still, undesirable for the money. T.V. did not work, bathroom door would not shut, bed was not made properly, mirrors were smudged, one garbage can, dirty toilet, a non-smoking room that stunk of smoke, and had cigarrette burns on the counters, and bathtub?? Oh, but someone left me spare ketchup in the nightstand, just incase I needed it!! Do not stay here, I came home with red bug bites on my legs. Called the hotel, they hung up on me 2x's. I will pursue this matter. This place needs to be condemned. Beyond disgusting is more like it!!

Also thought about staying there before reading this.. try not to laugh out loud:

“Disgusting!!”

The first room I was given had a CAT in it!! Yes, I said cat. I asked for my money back, all of a sudden, no one spoke english...go figure! The second room was so gross, I didn't even make it beyond the bed. Writing on the walls, dirty floors, smelled something awful. Front desk still did not want to give me my money back. Third room, not AS gross as the first two. Still, undesirable for the money. T.V. did not work, bathroom door would not shut, bed was not made properly, mirrors were smudged, one garbage can, dirty toilet, a non-smoking room that stunk of smoke, and had cigarrette burns on the counters, and bathtub?? Oh, but someone left me spare ketchup in the nightstand, just incase I needed it!! Do not stay here, I came home with red bug bites on my legs. Called the hotel, they hung up on me 2x's. I will pursue this matter. This place needs to be condemned. Beyond disgusting is more like it!!

Bizzle got the executive suite...nothing to worry about.

“Disgusting!!”

When they say "cat", you mean like a cougar?

“Disgusting!!”

Glad we didn't follow SShoe's advice to get the cheapest rooms available. Hopefully the Crown Plaza doesn't have any cats.

We went the cheap route with accommodations and booked the Knights Inn in downtown Columbus. If you book through Expedia and stay at least 2 nights, the cost is only $37 a night. Of course, you know the room is going to be terrible but who cares. We will be driving up there Tursday and should get there early evening. Also, looks like the Bills are playing at 6:50 local time Friday.

I wanted to reply after reading some of the discussion here. I am a father of a SLU student who is finishing up this May. I have enjoyed my many trips to St. Louis to visit and attend Billiken games and have enjoyed reading this site to keep up on the Billikens from long-distance. (THANKS especially for posting game streaming information) I have also lived in Columbus for 30 years. First of all, welcome to everyone coming to town this weekend. I really think you will enjoy the town. Secondly, DON'T stay at the Knights Inn at 70 and West Broad Street. Calling that hotel "downtown is a stretch". .. If you want to save some hotel bucks by avoiding the true downtown hotels, it is a better bet to go north or northwest. (Hilliard, Dublin, Campus, Worthington) Columbus is a pretty easy town to get around in if you have a car. Unfortunately, our public transportation is almost non-existant. Cabs are beginning to become more prevalent.

Someone asked about the Crowne Plaza. . it is downtown and is a nice property and is an easy walk to the games. There is also a Drury Inn close by. The Arena District is a great area with a lot of bar/restaurants, but also noteworthy is an area called the Short North (from the Arena, go east to High Street and then North on High toward the Arches. It is an easy walk from the Arena District and full of Bars, unique restaurants, shops, etc. north of there is OSU campus which is worth a look if you haven't seen Ohio Stadium, etc. We also have an area south of downtown (little too far to walk) called German Village which will remind folks of Soulard. Brick streets and lots of restaurants and bars.

Hope this helps some of you out and GO BILLIKENS!!