who's going?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is there to do in Columbus? Any good restaurants?

Do they have a combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell?

Right by the arena is Big Bang piano bar and Buca di Beppo. There is Boston's sports bar and Ted's Montana Grill (feat. the bison burger) across the street. Also would recommend Gordon Biersch brewery if looking for something different. Elevator Brewery has good beer and is close by as well.

I have tickets but have to find out if I can get Friday off to travel to Columbus for the game...

holy hell

that is the price for a session ticket (includes both games -- fri/sun.) however, if they lose game 1, you pay high cost since you won't likely stay to watch the sunday game. the other way to do this is to buy a ticket on the street from a fan of a losing team after they've been eliminated. will save lots. but this doesn't work if the bills have the first game.

I'm a little confused. Has the NCAA released Session 2 tickets for Friday yet?

Full Session Tickets (So both Friday and Sunday) will be available tomorrow morning.

Single Session (so second session Friday) will be released Thursday.

Game times should be announced sometime in the next hour.

Full Session Tickets (So both Friday and Sunday) will be available tomorrow morning.

Single Session (so second session Friday) will be released Thursday.

Game times should be announced sometime in the next hour.

thanks, keep us posted

What is there to do in Columbus? Any good restaurants?

Columbus is a college town. The party street is aptly named "High Street". My buddies and I drove there twice after SLU lost in early rounds in Dayton and, I think, Cinncinatti. So, that was several years ago. But, what I do remember is, at closing time on High Street, the police would run a cable about 3' off the ground along the sidewalks along High Street right at the edge of the curb This was designed to keep drunks from stumbling out into the busy street. I'd never seen that before. But, from my point of view, that's a sign that they really like to party.

There was a bar called something like Nuke's, or Nuke 'em. The dance floor was surrounded on 3 sides by an 8' chain link fence. They didn't seem to mind if you smashed your glass on the floor. As I recall, it was filled with MVC types.

So, win or lose, you gotta go to High street.

We went the cheap route with accommodations and booked the Knights Inn in downtown Columbus. If you book through Expedia and stay at least 2 nights, the cost is only $37 a night. Of course, you know the room is going to be terrible but who cares. We will be driving up there Tursday and should get there early evening. Also, looks like the Bills are playing at 6:50 local time Friday.