Temple Exit Fees from A-10 to BE

I don't know -- it's all funny money to me. Of ocurse, it will cost them an additionalo $2.5 million to exit their football program from the MAC. So that's $3.5 million for the whole changeroo. What did it cost West Virginia and Mizzou? I don't think an A10/Mac switch is on the same level. So I guess it's okay and reasonable. Of all the schools in the A10, I'd think Temple, Xavier, Dayton and Umass are the only ones likely to afford such moves.

I don't know -- it's all funny money to me. Of ocurse, it will cost them an additionalo $2.5 million to exit their football program from the MAC. So that's $3.5 million for the whole changeroo. What did it cost West Virginia and Mizzou? I don't think an A10/Mac switch is on the same level. So I guess it's okay and reasonable. Of all the schools in the A10, I'd think Temple, Xavier, Dayton and Umass are the only ones likely to afford such moves.

You don't think Novelli would post that up at a Western Union?

$1mm is pretty low. It's the equivalent of winning one game in the NCAA tourney and given the Big East revenue sharing from t.v., etc. they probably make that back in less than a year.

Seems like they are gone if the invite is really there.

if temple leaves the A-10 i hope the a-10 doesnt replace unless they can get a high profile mid major from the midwest, i.e. creighton, or butler. we dont need another mediocre team in the conference. if anything use as an opportunity to tell fordham to hit the road.

if temple leaves the A-10 i hope the a-10 doesnt replace unless they can get a high profile mid major from the midwest, i.e. creighton, or butler. we dont need another mediocre team in the conference. if anything use as an opportunity to tell fordham to hit the road.

+1000

Agree with Roy. I would even say Butler or bust (I don't see Creighton wanting to leave the Valley for a watered down A-10). When losing a team with a consistently high RPI like Temple the last thing we want to do is replace them with another RPI anchor just for the sake of adding a team

Agreed.

-we have one season of moderate success (to this point) and we have the arrogance to say another team, that has been in the league 10 years longer than us, should get the boot? not sure we are there, yet

Fordham is an embarrassment to Div1 basketball and the a10 as a whole. We haven't been in a similiar position in a long, long, time. Fortunately, I cannot remember the pre-Grawer years.

Everyone cannot always win but the Bills and much of the rest of the a10 have made the committments needed to do so. Fordham hasn't.

Fordham is an embarrassment to Div1 basketball and the a10 as a whole. We haven't been in a similiar position in a long, long, time. Fortunately, I cannot remember the pre-Grawer years.

Everyone cannot always win but the Bills and much of the rest of the a10 have made the committments needed to do so. Fordham hasn't.

Posted Image

What did you say about Fordham?

I agree with those saying that the A10 should not add a team for the sake of adding one. I could see Creighton leaving the MVC if they thought they were getting set up for a bigger and better conf. later. My concern would be, how would their being added impact us? Will they simply be a team that excels every 3-4 years or one who can do it year in and year out like Temple. As far as Fordam goes, they are not going anywhere until the big conf realignment happens with the BE and as RM says, lets just hope we are seen as a viable team for another conf of note - by the way he was on with BM today and all they talked about was basically Temple leaving and what will happen because of it.

You can count on the A10 to do something really stupid. I am sure they'll go find the best team in the Patriot League to replace Temple. Probably Lehigh actually. Need to saturate that Philly market.

I mean seriously guys, you are expecting a conference that can't negotiate a simple television deal to be able to add a decent team to replace its top team? Get real. Get ready for disappointment.

You can count on the A10 to do something really stupid. I am sure they'll go find the best team in the Patriot League to replace Temple. Probably Lehigh actually. Need to saturate that Philly market.

I mean seriously guys, you are expecting a conference that can't negotiate a simple television deal to be able to add a decent team to replace its top team? Get real. Get ready for disappointment.

Drexel!!! We need Drexel!!!

It's simple, add VCU and Geo Mason. Charlotte's checking out pretty soon as well. Don't know where they're going but they're gone given the big time FB commit they made. It's either that or someone in the AD grow a set and propose a new conference. The Beast is going to collapse once the biggies in the BCS put their heads together and say, "do we really want Boise, Temple, San Diego, CT and Rutgers et al crashing our bowl parties"? Game over at that point.

The people who negotiated that 7 year contract are gone and the current conf leaders are stuck with it - I think next year is the last year so it is not fair to blame them.