OT: Temple in Big East Talks

slufan13

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Al's is still here. However Big Al's in its current form is threatened by a hotel project being propped up by the city council. Although they have had a resurgence in talent lately. It is like the Spoonabll days in there.

Shouldn't some green people take a stand to preserve it?

I think everyone believes we have much more bargaining power than we actually do. I agree our basketball team is finally becoming relevant in the A-10, but when the big boys start calling every one of our second tier sports have been pretty brutal. Those sports are not the money makers but I also know one good year and basketball mixed in with many bad years in everything else will not put us in a position of much power.

I think everyone believes we have much more bargaining power than we actually do. I agree our basketball team is finally becoming relevant in the A-10, but when the big boys start calling every one of our second tier sports have been pretty brutal. Those sports are not the money makers but I also know one good year and basketball mixed in with many bad years in everything else will not put us in a position of much power.

-we have had recent success in vball, tennis, swimming and track for the other sports, we are not naked in those areas

-some have delusions of granduer, but that is ok by me, better than selling us short

-but for us men's bball has to drive the bus

have you been to terre haute, peoria, carbondale, springfield, etc recently?

Thank you for continuing to make my point for me about your self righteous attitude.

As an aside, you might try a college town before you knock it. I've lived in two & they offer a lot of fun options.

Thank you for continuing to make my point for me about your self righteous attitude.

As an aside, you might try a college town before you knock it. I've lived in two & they offer a lot of fun options.

Please. Comparing Terre Haute, Peoria, etc., to St. Louis, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, etc. doesn't have to make one "self-righteous". If you gave 100 people the option of traveling to the former or the latter would anyone choose the boonies of MVC country? Anyone?

College towns are fun.. If you go to the University of Illinois or Mizzou.. I can't believe I chose SLU over a state school, but if I had gone to Indiana State or Northern Iowa...

Please. Comparing Terre Haute, Peoria, etc., to St. Louis, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, etc. doesn't have to make one "self-righteous". If you gave 100 people the option of traveling to the former or the latter would anyone choose the boonies of MVC country? Anyone?

College towns are fun.. If you go to the University of Illinois or Mizzou.. I can't believe I chose SLU over a state school, but if I had gone to Indiana State or Northern Iowa...

He wasn't comparing the major cities to college towns. He was calling the Missouri Valley (which includes St. Louis) hooterville.

He wasn't comparing the major cities to college towns. He was calling the Missouri Valley (which includes St. Louis) hooterville.

Maybe I need a definition of "hooterville" but I take it to basically mean "bum-###### Mid-America", which the Missouri Valley & most of it's schools definitely reside in. (That might even be a compliment to Terre Haute, you should visit sometime). You wouldn't include St. Louis in that group, because it is a major city with a massive population (relatively speaking)...

I had to go to a few appointments this afternoon. A few hours later, I come back, and see Mizzou bets laid, Roy and MB73 holding hands and people trying to trying to come up with the definition of 'hooterville'. Just another typical day in Billiken land. B)

1) bored, no game for a week, and RI is a yawner

2) rumor Temple going to Big East, Rammer says A-10 will be defunct, so everyone starts with the Ideal Absolutely Perfect Catholic Conference talk and I default to The MVC is reality argument

Xavier is going to stay in the A-10. We need to find a way to help Fordham back into the Patriot league and then get back to two divisions. I think you guys would like the A-10 a lot better if you played in a division with Xavier and Dayton.

The Catholic League is a pipe dream on the Xavier boards too. I love the dream myself. It would be awesome and a great way to promote like minded institutions. Brotherhood and all that. The hoops would be fantastic.

I am against the A-10 expansion. 14 teams was too many, and 13 is still too many. The solution to Temple leaving is not inviting Butler in, but getting Fordham out. We only played Temple once a year. If we get rid of Temple and Fordham from the schedule next year I would say it is a wash.

Xavier has no interest in playing in the MVC at the present time. No insult to the MVC, they have some great basketball teams. When Pete Gillen was our coach many moons ago he used to talk about the MVC as a possiblity. I think that ship has sailed. I really like the A-10 and I would like to make it better. You guys seem to be doing just fine right where you are. I can't see why we can't be successful in the A-10.

Nothing is going to happen in a big way until the basketball schools of the Big East break. That is what people are waiting for, and that could be quite a while for all we know. The A-10 has been great for Xavier.

Wow....a lot has happened since I last looked at this thread.

FWIW........

A-10...............................................MVC

The Bills....A+................................. Wich St......A+

Temple......A-..................................Creighton....A-

X...............B+

La S..........B+

St. J..........B+

Day...........B...................................N Ia.............B

UMass.......B...................................Mo St..........B

St. Bon......B...................................Ill St.............B

Rich..........B-..................................Evans..........B-

Duq...........B-

Char..........C+.................................Ind St..........C+

.......................................................Drake...........C+

GW............C

.......................................................SIU...............D+

RI...............D

Ford...........D-.................................Bradley.........D-

Xavier is going to stay in the A-10.

This is absolutely true. And we would be wise to stay in the A10 with them because if we panic and jump to the Valley, we are going to be stranded the next time musical chairs happens. That would destroy any dreams of landing in a conference formed from the basketball schools of the Big East if that ever happens.

Lookup 'Santorum' in Urban Dictionary...then go back and look at the sign that says "Frothy" Santorum.

Yes, I get it, Bania.

BUT what does this have to do with the Temple to BE - A-10 might fragment - where will SLU wind up - thread?

I had to go to a few appointments this afternoon. A few hours later, I come back, and see Mizzou bets laid, Roy and MB73 holding hands and people trying to trying to come up with the definition of 'hooterville'. Just another typical day in Billiken land. B)

Hooterville is actually a city in Maine where only big breasted women reside

About as much as the side bets on Missouri's football record in the SEC next year.

Good deflection, but we were talking about NCAA conference changes at least.

It is not an out of nowhere left wing Saul Alinksky political smear message like yours.