Live from Philly

A good crowd of alumni from Philly let La Salle know we were there....not the prettiest game you ever saw, but, the Bills again played the tough , gritty , tenacious and consistent defense that has carried them through tough games like this

The big difference in this year's team is the ability to score from different positions, They purposefully swung the ball to find the open man time and time again, frustrating a seemingly confused La Salle defense. Evans was a force inside as was Conklin.Kwami and Mc Call kept them honest from the arc.

But most of all, they were mentally tougher down the stretch on the defensive end while the Explorers tried to play shake and bake and jam underneath. They consistently forced turnovers by overplayining the passing lanes to outwit La Salle,

Unfortunately, with Cassity on the floor it's like playing five on four since he refuses at all cost to shoot. But, everyone else picked him up and gave La Salle its first loss of the season at their home gym.

All in all, a win that capped a Philly sweep, and with this win, puts them in prime position to win the Big Five title with victories over Villanova, St. Joe's and La Salle. Two good wins at two tough places to play

'

Unfortunately, with Cassity on the floor it's like playing five on four since he refuses at all cost to shoot.

I was confused to why KC was on the floor. I just dont get how JJ gets the same minutes as KC. 100 out of 100 I am right about what KC will do when he gets the ball - he plays hot potato, might dribble 1x and gets beat on Def.

Different week, same old story. Please, let's stop with the Cassity-bashing commentary. The Bills are 20-5 and in contention for their first conference championship on 41 years; it's time to stop ragging on any one player.

+1. We're all having fun now. Maybe KC will have a nice surprise up his sleeve one of these games like Cory did yesterday.

Different week, same old story. Please, let's stop with the Cassity-bashing commentary. The Bills are 20-5 and in contention for their first conference championship on 41 years; it's time to stop ragging on any one player.

This. It is really pathetic. He only played 10 f'ing minutes yesterday.

I am pretty sure that we have now heard everything that needs to be said about KC. We have had countless discussions about him the past month and I am pretty sure everyone has given their opinion on him by now. It seems unnecessary and silly to continue to comment on him at this point, especially in a negative way.

-i agree and would like to see the same consideration extended towards Rick

There's only one person on the board who regularly criticizes Coach Majerus, and he'd leave it alone if people weren't so determined to bait him into rehashing his feelings.

-i must have taken your comment about 'boot camp' practices the wrong way, my bad

-let's enjoy the ride!

There's only one person on the board who regularly criticizes Coach Majerus, and he'd leave it alone if people weren't so determined to bait him into rehashing his feelings.

You couldn't be more wrong about that. That one person often initiates the rips and is not "baited." He dredged up the "overworkd during the holidays" theory following a couple of tough road losses in January with absolutely nothing to back it up. Did he have access to the practice schedule? I gave a report recapping an RM radio appearance in which I pointed out that no SLU coach has ever talked as much about the importance of education and in particular a Jesuit education and the outstanding opportunities at SLU. That individual responded by getting in a slam about apr scores. Nobody "baited" him and his apr slam had nothing to do with what I was talking. He has rolled out the apr thing in several other threads. And recently, following the UMass game, that one person delivered this little gem - "but as usual for the last 5 years, when things go wrong, majerus is quick to point out nothing is his fault and he is surrounded with defective players. none of this surprises me other than he hasnt played this card sooner. par for the course in this regime."

Again, nobody "baited" him to deliver that type of inaccurate response. Several people pointed out how wrong he was by citing numerous examples where RM has blamed himself. Others also responded by pointing out that Majerus' rant probably had more to do with motivating the troops than it did with him deflecting blame from himself. BTW, how have the Bills performed on the road since that rant?

You couldn't be more wrong about that. That one person often initiates the rips and is not "baited." He dredged up the "overworkd during the holidays" theory following a couple of tough road losses in January with absolutely nothing to back it up. Did he have access to the practice schedule? I gave a report recapping an RM radio appearance in which I pointed out that no SLU coach has ever talked as much about the importance of education and in particular a Jesuit education and the outstanding opportunities at SLU. That individual responded by getting in a slam about apr scores. Nobody "baited" him and his apr slam had nothing to do with what I was talking. He has rolled out the apr thing in several other threads. And recently, following the UMass game, that one person delivered this little gem - "but as usual for the last 5 years, when things go wrong, majerus is quick to point out nothing is his fault and he is surrounded with defective players. none of this surprises me other than he hasnt played this card sooner. par for the course in this regime."

Again, nobody "baited" him to deliver that type of inaccurate response. Several people pointed out how wrong he was by citing numerous examples where RM has blamed himself. Others also responded by pointing out that Majerus' rant probably had more to do with motivating the troops than it did with him deflecting blame from himself. BTW, how have the Bills performed on the road since that rant?

I respectuflly disagree with some of what you say. I read this board, and people here love to bait (or "call out"). They especially do it with Roy, Metz, and NH. I won't take time to find any specific examples, but I recall two or three times recently when posters have insinuated something or referred to Roy or his famed (or notorious) historical opinion. Some posters obviously have an axe to grind with Roy and attack his opinion whenever they can, even before he comments in a thread.

All it is is that Roy doesn't like some of Coach Majerus's personal traits, though he would rather not harp on it, but other posters, seeking to justify every aspect of the man, continually attack Roy's personal distaste, as if to make Roy a villian. Okay, for example, there was recently a thread regarding supporting the program, and someone insinuated that Roy doesn't support the program anymore. Anyway, some of Roy's opinions so polarize the issues in many people's minds that if anyone else thinks that one of those opinions might be valid, that poster is labeled as being a Coach Majerus basher. Nonsense!

I respectuflly disagree with some of what you say. I read this board, and people here love to bait (or "call out"). They especially do it with Roy, Metz, and NH. I won't take time to find any specific examples, but I recall two or three times recently when posters have insinuated something or referred to Roy or his famed (or notorious) historical opinion. Some posters obviously have an axe to grind with Roy and attack his opinion whenever they can, even before he comments in a thread.

All it is is that Roy doesn't like some of Coach Majerus's personal traits, though he would rather not harp on it, but other posters, seeking to justify every aspect of the man, continually attack Roy's personal distaste, as if to make Roy a villian. Okay, for example, there was recently a thread regarding supporting the program, and someone insinuated that Roy doesn't support the program anymore. Anyway, some of Roy's opinions so polarize the issues in many people's minds that if anyone else thinks that one of those opinions might be valid, that poster is labeled as being a Coach Majerus basher. Nonsense!

I agree that sometimes he gets baited, but so what. He is a big boy and doesn't have to respond every time. The people who are lightning rods tend to be so for a reason.

But more back on topic, I was responding specifically to your comment - "he'd leave it alone if people weren't so determined to bait him into rehashing his feelings."

I cited several examples that show that simply is not true. He initiates and expresses his feelings plenty of times without being "baited." Of course he is certainly entitled to express his opinion, but it is inaccurate to say that he only does it when it is being drawn out of him.