OT - Blake Ahearn

ACE

It's NOT an NBA record!

I'm looking for the post where someone says it is.

The article did say it beat the NBA record.

I don't understand the f/t thing. It's ridiculous. I had a 5th grade girl hit 28 of 32 last week. As a team our 5th and 6th grade A teams make about 40%.

With 20 minutes a day per player I could raise the team average over 5% in a month.

I don't understand the f/t thing. It's ridiculous. I had a 5th grade girl hit 28 of 32 last week. As a team our 5th and 6th grade A teams make about 40%.

With 20 minutes a day per player I could raise the team average over 5% in a month.

Kid on the eigth grade team I coach made 26/28 in our last two games combined. It's not as if the guys don't work on them. I legitimately don't get it.

It's not as if the guys don't work on them. I legitimately don't get it.

-nor do i

-at the open practices i attended there was a lot of work on ft's and running on misses (that made me a better ft shooter in high school, fwiw)

-i would think this is one area where the experience of the staff would come in handy, i guess i know nothing (a sgt shultz moment)

I wasn't aiming at a poster, but at the article's title (in the link, which says, "Blake Ahearn broke the NBA's consecutive free-throw record"). I'm just saying -- he wasn't playing NBA games, so it's neither an NBA record nor breaks an NBA record.

(I also have a problem with "World" Series being a "world championship" and the Super Bowl winner being "world champions.")

Kid on the eigth grade team I coach made 26/28 in our last two games combined.

I had a 5th grade girl hit 28 of 32 last week. As a team our 5th and 6th grade A teams make about 40%.

By any chance, do either of you guys employ the "picket fence" into your offensive schemes?

free throw or any shooting improvement realistically wont happen during the season. there just isnt enough time for the needed repetition to fix mechanical errors. in all likelihood, those 25 attempts at the end of practice with one sprint for every miss is probably only making things worse as each player is reinforcing mechanical errors rather than fixing anything.

improvement has to happen in the summer when they can shoot 1000 shots a day. i would be surprised if at anytime this year we become a good free throw shooting team. we will have good nights, but overall it will be mediocre is my guess.

and btw, i love the picket fence.