SLU Law moving downtown

Really? My best law school professors (Salsich, Weinberger, and Wolf) all practiced law. In fact, the law they practiced was rooted in intellectual and professional capability, not the legalized extortion that has made Keefe a wealthy man at the expense of society and the profession.

Keefe's practice is also rooted in intellectual and professional capability. That is why he is so successful.

Legalized extortion? I suspect what some call legalized extortion, others would call justice.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bobby Metzinger" data-cid="349216" data-time="1362487310"><p>

Whoa!! Slow your roll, kid. Billikenroy isn't going anywhere. He's one of the most die-hard Billiken fans out there and the fact that he's a Belleville loyalist shouldn't make a god damn bit of difference. Calling him out because he stood by a hometown guy is asinine and borders on the absurd. Roy brings a ton of insight and opinions to the board and has been posting on here way before you even knew what a Billiken was so I'm going to step into the box for Roy here because he's one of us -- a true fan. The book is still out on you.</p></blockquote>

Back off Metz. Roy was very aggressive challenging and going after anyone who questioned keefe's hire. I then question him about it when everything hits the fan and he calls me an idiot.

Not sure i agree that Roy contributes a whole lot to this board. He basically spends his time defending the indefensible opinions he has and then sets off long arguments that everyone disagrees with him about. He is holier than thou unless it is a friend of his inolved. It is tiring

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bobby Metzinger" data-cid="349216" data-time="1362487310"><p>

Whoa!! Slow your roll, kid. Billikenroy isn't going anywhere. He's one of the most die-hard Billiken fans out there and the fact that he's a Belleville loyalist shouldn't make a god damn bit of difference. Calling him out because he stood by a hometown guy is asinine and borders on the absurd. Roy brings a ton of insight and opinions to the board and has been posting on here way before you even knew what a Billiken was so I'm going to step into the box for Roy here because he's one of us -- a true fan. The book is still out on you.</p></blockquote>

Back off Metz. Roy was very aggressive challenging and going after anyone who questioned keefe's hire. I then question him about it when everything hits the fan and he calls me an idiot.

Not sure i agree that Roy contributes a whole lot to this board. He basically spends his time defending the indefensible opinions he has and then sets off long arguments that everyone disagrees with him about. He is holier than thou unless it is a friend of his inolved. It is tiring

Ok, internet muscles. Roy actually contributes a lot to this board. He's a colorful character and a real fan. So what if everyone disagrees with him? Hell, I disagree with you, but I am not going to resort to calling you names. Internet message boards aren't supposed to be online Camp Davids where we all shake hands and agree not to bulldoze a tract of land in Belleville, just because someone saw things differently.

Grow up, man.

Look who's talking... aren't you that one tool who got suspended from here, and came back with a different account?

Tool? Hardly. But nice try, 14 posts. Work on your entrance a bit. Almost nailed it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="349213" data-time="1362484950"><p>

what else do you want as far as punishment? didnt he lose the job? you are an idiot.</p></blockquote>

I just think its funny that you went apeshite when anyone questioned his hire or his reputation and now he gets canned after less than 6 months in a fashion that reflects very poorly on the school. Had rm made comments like keefe you'd have been all over him. Too bad rm is not from Belleville.

You, Roy, are the idiot and would be doing lots of us a favor if you would spend your time elsewhere. Maybe you should start a board exclusive to bellevillians where the only topics of discussion are Tom keefe, the lisch family, and brad soderberg. Go away.

you didnt answer my question. what else should keefe be punished beyond his dismissal? my comment was that he will survive. you then turn that into a personal attack on me and then pile on more. (btw, rickma made plenty of comments and actions as bad as what keefe did and i did call him out. for that i was also attacked.) you can go to hell for all i care. i see absolutely no worth in your presense on this board but until now i have never attacked your worthlessness. for now just explain your attack on my simple statement that keefe will survive? i didnt defend his actions one bit. but somehow you want more than the fact he no longer works for saint louis university. i dont disagree and never said anything to the contrary. so please. what other punishment should keefe be given?

you didnt answer my question. what else should keefe be punished beyond his dismissal? my comment was that he will survive. you then turn that into a personal attack on me and then pile on more. (btw, rickma made plenty of comments and actions as bad as what keefe did and i did call him out. for that i was also attacked.) you can go to hell for all i care. i see absolutely no worth in your presense on this board but until now i have never attacked your worthlessness. for now just explain your attack on my simple statement that keefe will survive? i didnt defend his actions one bit. but somehow you want more than the fact he no longer works for saint louis university. i dont disagree and never said anything to the contrary. so please. what other punishment should keefe be given?

I would agree that the resignation should probably be enough but didn't I also read that some people are trying to sue him? might have just been rumors in the comments

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="349270" data-time="1362498029"><p>

<br />

you didnt answer my question. what else should keefe be punished beyond his dismissal? my comment was that he will survive. you then turn that into a personal attack on me and then pile on more. (btw, rickma made plenty of comments and actions as bad as what keefe did and i did call him out. for that i was also attacked.) you can go to hell for all i care. i see absolutely no worth in your presense on this board but until now i have never attacked your worthlessness. for now just explain your attack on my simple statement that keefe will survive? i didnt defend his actions one bit. but somehow you want more than the fact he no longer works for saint louis university. i dont disagree and never said anything to the contrary. so please. what other punishment should keefe be given? </p></blockquote>

You call me an idiot. That is an attack on my worthlessness. Buzz off.

I would agree that the resignation should probably be enough but didn't I also read that some people are trying to sue him? might have just been rumors in the comments

It would be karmic if the same techniques he uses were used on him?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="349270" data-time="1362498029"><p>

<br />

you didnt answer my question. what else should keefe be punished beyond his dismissal? my comment was that he will survive. you then turn that into a personal attack on me and then pile on more. (btw, rickma made plenty of comments and actions as bad as what keefe did and i did call him out. for that i was also attacked.) you can go to hell for all i care. i see absolutely no worth in your presense on this board but until now i have never attacked your worthlessness. for now just explain your attack on my simple statement that keefe will survive? i didnt defend his actions one bit. but somehow you want more than the fact he no longer works for saint louis university. i dont disagree and never said anything to the contrary. so please. what other punishment should keefe be given? </p></blockquote>

You call me an idiot. That is an attack on my worthlessness. Buzz off.

still no answer to the question. admit it, you arent about my comment keefe will survive. you just wanted to attack billiken roy. awesome choice of topic to show your "you had enough". either that, or once i called you out, you realized it was stupid to even comment on "keefe will survive". buzz off back at you.

If he actually said to female students the things JMM quoted on the prior page of this thread, he can be sued for sexual harrassment.

I think the chances of a lawsuit are about 100% give or take 0. Sexually harassing (if true) a LAW student is just about the best way to get sued in my estimation. Another blackeye for SLU when the media should be praising the hoops team. It is great fuel to the anti-biondi crowd as well since he handpicked this clown.

According to a member of the faculty, he at least said some of those things. Allegedly.

https://www.stlbeacon.org/#!/content/29684/slu_law_dean_030413?coverpage=2836

very interesting. As they say in the article I just hope that this doesn't hurt the program too much and that they are able to take advantage of this new building

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="349279" data-time="1362498654"><p>

still no answer to the question. admit it, you arent about my comment keefe will survive. you just wanted to attack billiken roy. awesome choice of topic to show your "you had enough". either that, or once i called you out, you realized it was stupid to even comment on "keefe will survive". buzz off back at you. </p></blockquote>

I don't really know what I'm responding to. You're rigt keefe will survive. I just was pointing out that you aren't all up in a tissy about his immoral, unethical alleged acts. If it was rm you would have started a website to fire him and would be out picketing.

I've never seen someone on a message board who sees things through blinders the way you do.

If he actually said to female students the things JMM quoted on the prior page of this thread, he can be sued for sexual harrassment.
I think the chances of a lawsuit are about 100% give or take 0. Sexually harassing (if true) a LAW student is just about the best way to get sued in my estimation. Another blackeye for SLU when the media should be praising the hoops team. It is great fuel to the anti-biondi crowd as well since he handpicked this clown.

The anti-Biondi Crowd you say:

you can't beat a Ramsey

"There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne"

lightening...

The storm is still brewing... lightening strikes but never twice. Waiting for thunder..

aaaaannnndddd.... THUNDERCLAP. The storm is here.

I'd say the Anti-Biondi crowd was quite happy with how things turned out.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="349279" data-time="1362498654"><p>

still no answer to the question. admit it, you arent about my comment keefe will survive. you just wanted to attack billiken roy. awesome choice of topic to show your "you had enough". either that, or once i called you out, you realized it was stupid to even comment on "keefe will survive". buzz off back at you. </p></blockquote>

I don't really know what I'm responding to. You're rigt keefe will survive. I just was pointing out that you aren't all up in a tissy about his immoral, unethical alleged acts. If it was rm you would have started a website to fire him and would be out picketing.

I've never seen someone on a message board who sees things through blinders the way you do.

if he was not fired/forced to resign, you are correct, i would be in a tissy about him still being a part of slu and i would indeed do all i could to spread the word. but he is already gone. so my point is he is gone, good riddance, he will personally survive. again, i dont understand your point and your attack on me. he is gone.

i've never seen anyone stand on a totally stupid point like you. again, what other punishment should happen. he is already gone.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pistol" data-cid="349281" data-time="1362498698"><p>

<br />

If he actually said to female students the things JMM quoted on the prior page of this thread, he can be sued for sexual harrassment.</p></blockquote>.

If he actually said those things he may get sued but he probably got laid too.

Sounds like he is smooth with the ladies.

Should be a good real-world educational experience for the student in question.

Hopefully no one in the Box & Won household knows that from direct experience.

But it's unfortunately not too far from reality at a lot of big law firms. A few around here are having serious difficulties shedding their old boys' club images. The general behavior is better than it used to be but they still can't get women to stay at their firms. They basically make it impossible for female attorneys to have kids and make partner, but the women who work at the firms a few years after school and then leave never say that in exit interviews so they don't burn any bridges. So nothing changes.

It's hard for me not to filter every law school story through my wife's experience. She never reported anything like this from Cincinnati Law School, and I imagine she'd be horrified to learn if any member of the staff there, let alone the dean, said the things this guy said. It angers me to picture this old making creepy, inappropriate sexual comments to 20-something-year-old female students.

Seems unlikely he will get his wish. You can survive being offensive. You can't survive getting the university sued.

+1

He should be removed from the board immediately.

if he was not fired/forced to resign, you are correct, i would be in a tissy about him still being a part of slu and i would indeed do all i could to spread the word. but he is already gone. so my point is he is gone, good riddance, he will personally survive. again, i dont understand your point and your attack on me. he is gone.

i've never seen anyone stand on a totally stupid point like you. again, what other punishment should happen. he is already gone.

Sexual harrassment lawsuit, if he really said all those things.