Villanova

WVBilliken

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this game as being a tipping point. Even though nova is not as strong as years past, it is a win that people will really notice. After the lack of dominance against BC, if we fail to show up tomorrow people may write off the washington game as a fluke. Gotta keep the momentum going and find sundays team inside them tomorrow on espn!

I can see this game as being a tipping point. Even though nova is not as strong as years past, it is a win that people will really notice. After the lack of dominance against BC, if we fail to show up tomorrow people may write off the washington game as a fluke. Gotta keep the momentum going and find sundays team inside them tomorrow on espn!

Great post could not agree more. I'm sure the people over at ESPN and the Post are already picking up their pen and paper.

I can't remember for sure but I don't think that Villanova is projected as a tourney team this year. I'm pretty sure that Lunardi and some of the other guys didn't have them in but I could be wrong. But either way its a quality win that will attract attention especially playing on espn. We need to come out strong and not force ourselves to play from behind on short rest.

We win tomorrow, great. ESPN gives press to their chosen tourney. Two weeks later, it never gets covered again. Tipping point? For the team, sure. In the national press? Probably not.

We win tomorrow, great. ESPN gives press to their chosen tourney. Two weeks later, it never gets covered again. Tipping point? For the team, sure. In the national press? Probably not.

That's where you're wrong, my friend. If we are winning we will be getting national attention because of Rick Majerus. I don't get how it's that hard to understand. ESPN gave us quite a bit of attention two years ago when we got hot and we ended up not even being an NIT team. We should be much more legit this year, and if so, we will get covered.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

I agree. If we bring a BC game team, we lose. If we bring a SIU/WU game team, we win.

Not impressed at all with our effort against BC, especially that 1st 1/2. BC is a team we should ran off the court and given us excellent opportunity to give major minutes to the bench so we have fresh legs for the NOVA game.

Let's not get too worked up over the BC game. Yes, they got waxed by HolyCross and UMass, but who really knows why? It was mentioned many times yesterday that their coach shook up their lineup. And playing primarily freshman, albeit probably pretty good freshman, they're on a learning curve. I watched both games on TV and the biggest difference I saw was we weren't hitting the open shots like we did against UW and we lacked some intensity on D. Every team's going to have bad shooting nights and RM won't stand for less than 100% effort on D. No doubt we can't play that way against Nova. What is of concern is our rebounding. We won't beat them if we keep giving them new shot clocks after every miss. Rebounding is our primary weakness. It's time for RL to step up and be more of a force on the boards like CE started to show last year and is continuing this year.

I feel good about this game. BC was the wake up call. We didn't shoot the ball well and played sloppy the first half and still won by 11. Yes, BC is young, but they shot the ball pretty good from 3. I think the boys find their stride and finish off a nailbiter at the line. Bills by 5.

Being from Philly, had a chance to see Nova early.....very athletic bigs and a point guard who is at least an equal to KM....boxing out, helping Conklin on the boards and full game defense of the 3 will really be necessary for us to win......we can, and probably should, but it's going to be competitive end to end....Wright coaches them that way....but we can win this game if we play more determined and athletic than we did yesterday

there is concern on the nova board...

This will be a tough game in my opinion. I will not be surprised in the least if we come out on the wrong end. St. Louis always seems to have a bunch of crackers that move the ball around like a hot potato and shoot the lights out. Usually play tenacious D too.

"St. Louis always seems to have a bunch of crackers that move the ball around like a hot potato and shoot the lights out. "

That is hilarious. Reminds me of this clip from Mike Birbiglia at SLU:

WOW.

SLU is a 2 pt favorite in LV. On a neutral court.

That is a very good sign.

The typical bettor will jump on Nova + 2, public BCS team, name recognition, Big East team. Suckers.

This tells me LV thinks we will win and wants the sucker money on Nova (of course, we have to play well and cannot stink it up...).

If one looks at Villanova as a more experienced Washington and you factor in the neutral court, I think the game is a toss up. SLU can't come out flat to start the game like it did against BC. We'll never recover from a painfully slow start against a team of this caliber. We have to hit open shots early and find our rhythm quickly. If that happens, I like our chances. I have confidence South American Dictator will have the team prepared to play excellent defense but no confidence they will hit open shots on the offensive end. That's on the players.

If one looks at Villanova as a more experienced Washington and you factor in the neutral court, I think the game is a toss up. SLU can't come out flat to start the game like it did against BC. We'll never recover from a painfully slow start against a team of this caliber. We have to hit open shots early and find our rhythm quickly. If that happens, I like our chances. I have confidence South American Dictator will have the team prepared to play excellent defense but no confidence they will hit open shots on the offensive end. That's on the players.

I would like to see us run the offense for kwamain early and get him some easy buckets and get the momentum swinging our way then hopefully the rest of the team will follow.