Mizzou appears to have hired a coach

I'm enjoying listening to Kevin Slaten for the first time in ages. He's tearing Alden apart. Very entertaining radio. Of course, he'd hire Kim Anderson, who was part of the sleazy tenure of Norm Stewart. If I can say one thing about Alden, he's always hired coaches that were free of taint from the NCAA, unlike Father Biondi. Can't always control what happens after that. He's committed to hiring coaches that are committed to graduating players.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of course bernie is going to look at the positives. he just failed miserably at announcing the matt painter deal and im sure that ticked off a lot of mizzou officials. if you have not noticed, bernie is bipolar. today he will like the hire while he still has his tail between his legs. in a month after it all has blown over he could change his tune completely. I also think he is a pompous a-hole who is so wrapped up in himself he neglects any other local opinion. also likes to see himself as the sheriff of twitter. IMO.

thanks for reading, Randy.

The Mizzou fanbase is furious about the hire and rightfully so. I think Bernie is looking at the positives and playing nice to Mizzou because he blew the Painter to Mizzou announcement last week.

I'm enjoying listening to Kevin Slaten for the first time in ages. He's tearing Alden apart. Very entertaining radio. Of course, he'd hire Kim Anderson, who was part of the sleazy tenure of Norm Stewart. If I can say one thing about Alden, he's always hired coaches that were free of taint from the NCAA, unlike Father Biondi. Can't always control what happens after that. He's committed to hiring coaches that are committed to graduating players.

I got to give it to you, AJ. I rarely hear Mizzou fans say stuff like that.

I tried to stay out of this, but AJ just draws me back in.

If Mike Alden really was the saint you proclaim, he would have fired pretty Q either during the Rickey Clemons fiasco or shortly after the NCAA findings were released. Instead, he let Quin stay on and only got rid of him when he stopped winning. Alden is no saint.

Its obvious to me why AJ, Cheesey, etc. come to this board whenever something big happens in Columbia. If they posted on Tigerboard, their comment would be off page 1 in less than 30 minutes. Here, it stays in one thread and they find people willing to mix it up with them. I suppose if my AD had made such a bad showing as Alden has over the past 3 weeks, I'd do the same thing...

Yep, and you're on the BILLIKEN board writing novels about the University of Missouri Tigers.

It cetainly says something about a program that the list of their scandals is the length of a novel. Nobody would aspire to have a program like that.

It certainly says something about a Billikens fan when he's stuck in 2005.

Actually the scandals continued in 2007 and 2008 and the infamous "zero tolerance" nonsense. AJ was singing the praises of the glorious Quin Snyder era, so referencing stuff in my response from 2005 was relevant. Instead of butting into the middle of a debate, try to follow along.

Actually the scandals continued in 2007 and 2008 and the infamous "zero tolerance" nonsense. AJ was singing the praises of the glorious Quin Snyder era, so referencing stuff in my response from 2005 was relevant. Instead of butting into the middle of a debate, try to follow along.

My point is it must suck for you to have had nothing to talk about since 2008.

I tried to stay out of this, but AJ just draws me back in.

If Mike Alden really was the saint you proclaim, he would have fired pretty Q either during the Rickey Clemons fiasco or shortly after the NCAA findings were released. Instead, he let Quin stay on and only got rid of him when he stopped winning. Alden is no saint.

Its obvious to me why AJ, Cheesey, etc. come to this board whenever something big happens in Columbia. If they posted on Tigerboard, their comment would be off page 1 in less than 30 minutes. Here, it stays in one thread and they find people willing to mix it up with them. I suppose if my AD had made such a bad showing as Alden has over the past 3 weeks, I'd do the same thing...

It seems that all of the Mizzou trolls here have a strong need to be accepted by SLU fans. They want us to think that they are a big-time program or a respectable program, so they get very frustrated when they don't get that approval.

Missouri U. is in a completely different category for athletics than SLU. They have joke classes to hide dumb football and basketball jocks. SLU does not.

So why do Missouri fans post on our site? Tough guys?

MU was a very mediocre 8-8 this yr, why not post on the KU, A&M, K-State sites, where they belong: other schools that have the ability to keep dummies in school to qualify for football and basketball.

SLU just lost a KEY player (for good) who was a huge difference maker.

I say, if he was at Mizzou - Mizzou, he would have played this yr, and next yr, too. Am I wrong?

Missouri U. is in a completely different category for athletics than SLU. They have joke classes to hide dumb football and basketball jocks. SLU does not.

So why do Missouri fans post on our site? Tough guys?

MU was a very mediocre 8-8 this yr, why not post on the KU, A&M, K-State sites, where they belong: other schools that have the ability to keep dummies in school to qualify for football and basketball.

SLU just lost a KEY player (for good) who was a huge difference maker.

I say, if he was at Mizzou - Mizzou, he would have played this yr, and next yr, too. Am I wrong?

Funny that you'd talk about Mizzou hiding dumb-dumbs and then reference SLU's dumb dumb in the same post.

Funny that you'd talk about Mizzou hiding dumb-dumbs and then reference SLU's dumb dumb in the same post.

What, did you play football at Mizzou?

My POINT was that MU can keep all these kids in school, the players make their so called "grades". But SLU does not offer dummy courses like that... a HUGE difference.

What, did you play football at Mizzou?

My POINT was that MU can keep all these kids in school, the players make their so called "grades". But SLU does not offer dummy courses like that... a HUGE difference.

Then why did it take a sex scandal for anyone to talk about WR not making grades?

Don't get me wrong- Mizzou has plenty of questionable "student athletes" but it's not some rarity. SLU has plenty of athletes that wouldn't be going to SLU under any other circumstance other than them being tall and athletic. It's not a hard and fast rule but don't try to tell me that it's some sort of disadvantage SLU has because it clearly isn't.

So he wasn't a dumb dumb his freshman and sophomore years?

He was still a dumb dumb, but he got by. Sophomore year is when ge started bombing classes. People knew about it before much about the situation came out, but no one would listen.