Mizzou appears to have hired a coach

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Majerus has talked about the challenges of getting jucos into SLU. If they have a D on their trancript for example, they can't get in. He specifically mentioned that is not the case in the Big 12. Some jucos can get in academically, but the pool is limited. I don't know for certain that Ratliffe couldn't get into SLU, but I suspect it would be doubtful.

If Marquette can get five, there's no reason we can't get at least one. I guess it comes down to the coach's relationships and effort when it comes to recruiting jucos.

MB you are getting schooled in this debate. A quick visit to Mizzou's website shows there are no "exercise science" or "physical education" majors. I really doubt the business and communication courses at SLU are much tougher than the ones at Mizzou. Their players are in the same boat as ours.

If Marquette can get five, there's no reason we can't get at least one. I guess it comes down to the coach's relationships and effort when it comes to recruiting jucos.

Not all jucos are juco because of grades. Marquette has had multiple of these types. Some of theirs have been one year juco players, instead of two, leaving three years at their 4 year school. Gotta know what you are doing when recruiting jucos. Many take a full year to adjust and make decent contributions for just one season.