Mizzou appears to have hired a coach

He was still a dumb dumb, but he got by. Sophomore year is when ge started bombing classes. People knew about it before much about the situation came out, but no one would listen.

I just don't think the narrative here that all SLU athletes are double majoring in Molecular Zoology and Advanced Biomedical Engineering is outrageous. They're business majors. You're hiding them in Business like other schools do with communications, marketing, and other soft majors.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think the narrative here that all SLU athletes are double majoring in Molecular Zoology and Advanced Biomedical Engineering is outrageous. They're business majors. You're hiding them in Business like other schools do with communications, marketing, and other soft majors.

I guess I missed the post where that was said. Sure, most student-athlete's are taking an "easier" major, but they arent being hid. At most state schools they have enough BS classes and majors that allows the athletes to get by in nearly all circumstances.

I guess I missed the post where that was said. Sure, most student-athlete's are taking an "easier" major, but they arent being hid. At most state schools they have enough BS classes and majors that allows the athletes to get by in nearly all circumstances.

Almost all of Mizzou's players are in business or communication. If that's hiding them then SLU is hiding them too, that's all I'm saying (aside from eckerle).

Almost all of Mizzou's players are in business or communication. If that's hiding them then SLU is hiding them too, that's all I'm saying (aside from eckerle).

Nice try, but you are not even close. It is a numbers game. A few ringers can make a huge difference in a sport with only 5 players on the court.

We took a risk with one, and it did not work out. He would have played for MU this yr if he was there.

You have JUCOs on your team now that could never get into SLU, much less stay eligible when they got here.

Every year, you have several like that, a huge difference. Several. Every year. We cannot.

Nice try, but you are not even close. It is a numbers game. A few ringers can make a huge difference in a sport with only 5 players on the court.

We took a risk with one, and it did not work out. He would have played for MU this yr if he was there.

You have JUCOs on your team now that could never get into SLU, much less stay eligible when they got here.

Every year, you have several like that, a huge difference. Several. Every year. We cannot.

Back that up. With facts. Ricardo Ratliffe and Matt Pressey are our jucos. Show me the transcripts that say they wouldn't qualify at SLU. Just saying things and wishing them with all your heart doesn't make them true.

Back that up. With facts. Ricardo Ratliffe and Matt Pressey are our jucos. Show me the transcripts that say they wouldn't qualify at SLU. Just saying things and wishing them with all your heart doesn't make them true.

We don't recruit kids like that, they cannot make it here, so I cannot produce the transcripts. What are those two majoring in? They both say they want to be coaches when they graduate: "Full name is Paul Matthew Pressey Jr. ... Would like to pursue a career in teaching and coaching after graduation ..."

We don't recruit kids like that, they cannot make it here, so I cannot produce the transcripts. What are those two majoring in? They both say they want to be coaches when they graduate: "Full name is Paul Matthew Pressey Jr. ... Would like to pursue a career in teaching and coaching after graduation ..."

So you don't know, you just believe it to be true. Ok. Figured as much but good to hear you say it.

I'm enjoying listening to Kevin Slaten for the first time in ages. He's tearing Alden apart. Very entertaining radio. Of course, he'd hire Kim Anderson, who was part of the sleazy tenure of Norm Stewart.

He also thought SLU and Mizzou should have recruited his son.

So you don't know, you just believe it to be true. Ok. Figured as much but good to hear you say it.

Also I find it funny that you went to Mizzou's web site to check and see if they could cut it at SLU. What were you expecting to find? "Chose Mizzou over every other school because really he's not academically eligible?"

SLU does not offer PE, they want to be coaches, so these two went to Missouri. Simple.

Also I find it funny that you went to Mizzou's web site to check and see if they could cut it at SLU. What were you expecting to find? "Chose Mizzou over every other school because really he's not academically eligible?"

Majerus has talked about the challenges of getting jucos into SLU. If they have a D on their trancript for example, they can't get in. He specifically mentioned that is not the case in the Big 12. Some jucos can get in academically, but the pool is limited. I don't know for certain that Ratliffe couldn't get into SLU, but I suspect it would be doubtful.

That's actually a pretty demanding major at Mizzou with quite a bit of field work, based on a few friends from school who majored in that.

Yeah, that might not be a fair measuring stick for a watered down major. I would imagine its a lot of work, just probably not too difficult.

Yeah, that might not be a fair measuring stick for a watered down major. I would imagine its a lot of work, just probably not too difficult.

You might be right. I certainly don't think it would work out very well with the schedule of an athlete. HRM would, you'd think, but I can't think of many MU athletes who are majoring in it.

There are courses that are not listed on the web site for the super ringers.

AND, I asked you, I want an answer: what are your two JUCOs majoring in?

So you're claiming that our JUCOs are getting a degree that doesn't exist at mizzou? what other conspiracy theories do you have, because so far they're always hilarious.

AJ made a comment a few pages ago that Rick Majerus and Quin Snyder had NCAA violations that were similar. This might be somewhat and technically true, in that the violations were based mostly on providing players free meals and such. However, if you due the following Google search, 'rick majerus ncaa violations', you get 6240 results. If you do the same search with Quin Snyder, you get about 336,000 results. A little bit of a difference, I'd say.

People will always remember the lurid stories in the newspapers and sports magazines about the Quin Snyder era. That is his legacy at Mizzou. The issues with Majerus while at Utah with the NCAA came across as more ticky-tack and silly, and in some cases endearing (buying Van Horn's meal the night his father died, for example.) In fact, many wondered why the NCAA felt the need to place sanctions on Utah and supported Majerus. I don't remember many feeling the same about Quin.

Back to the topic, we have no idea how well Haith will do at Mizzou right now. However, hiring a coach of a mediocre ACC team (1 NCAA tourney appearance in 7 years) who might have been fired anyway can hardly be seen as an inspiring choice. It almost feels like they just wanted to find someone who would say yes right away and not string them along.