SLU vs. Duke

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't have said it better myself...except he left out my most hated Dukie of all time- Jon Scheyer...and Kyle Singler...and the Plumlee brothers...and Cherokee Parks...

Man, I hate Duke...what would everyone trade/give up for a SLU win at Cameron? A pinkie toe? A wife? Beer?

Take her. She's mine.

Dwayne/Dwight Evans gets a triple-double.

Loe goes all Brendan Plavich and knocks down 10 3's.

Willie gets cleared to play shortly before the game and makes a Willis Reed-like entrance at Cameron Indoor.

Cassity posterizes Singler.

Pelicans by 22.

out of every thing you said I have the hardest time beleiving this one:

Cassity posterizes Singler.

The rest of them are very unlikely that one I would put in the impossible category.

We will not lose by 12. I will be shocked if it is within 10 at the first media timeout and also shocked if we lose by anything less than 30.

We are not a good team, Duke is the best team. Neither of those points can even be argued right now.

It can be argued that they are not the best team. Michigan State played them close at Duke. At Michigan State the Spartans may have won. We have not seen all the teams. If you listen to Vitale they are the best that ever was. If you listened to Quinn Snyder when he said he did nothing different in his questionable recruiting tactics than what had been done at Duke when he was there, you should understand the program at Duke is not as clean as some think it is.

It can be argued that they are not the best team. Michigan State played them close at Duke. At Michigan State the Spartans may have won. We have not seen all the teams. If you listen to Vitale they are the best that ever was. If you listened to Quinn Snyder when he said he did nothing different in his questionable recruiting tactics than what had been done at Duke when he was there, you should understand the program at Duke is not as clean as some think it is.

*1990-2010.

For the last 20 years.

If you could take Duke's players, coaches, wins, everything, and make it St. Louis University, you would do it in a hearbeat. And so would the other Duke haters around here.

If not, what other program would you rather have? (1990-2010)

(and if you listen to a word that Quinn Snyder says as a reference, then, hey, I cannot help you)

Duke haters, a phenomenon I have observed for quite some time.

Why hate superior athletic achievement in a top 10 academic institution, a (relatively) clean program?

Makes no sense.

Jealousy, I believe, like the Dallas Cowboys and Notre Dame football years ago. Maybe the NY Yankess fit in there somewhere.

Duke haters? Makes me think of the guy on the commercial who says "that's why the color yellow makes me sad".

Duke, Notre Dame = arrogance.

I go to friendlys pretty much every saturday afternoon so Ill be there.

And since nobody knows who I am I can sit back and creep on everyone from a far then make an educated decision on whether or not you all are worth my time.

Ha..nice. They treated us well last year for games so I figure we should give a little back. Plenty of other better places to watch the game, but what is more fun than watching the Billies get stomped by 40 while breathing in second hand smoke and dominating 1 dollar burgers.

Since this thread has now gone beyond any logic or reason, it's time to think about what could've been. We're 3-3 going into the Duke game. Had we not been screwed out of our two top players, this easily could have been 6-0. Giving the Dookies a competitive game would have been a reasonable expectation. Alas, not the case now. We're gonna get creamed. Something like 87- 44, and it's gonna happen on national TV. However, the 11:00 am start should produce a small audience w/ the Holidays fast approaching. It'll be a whole lot smaller after about 15 minutes into the game. And to add to the Duke bashing, it's their fans that make Duke so despicable. They're beyond arrogant. If the Dookies were playing a wheelchair team of war veterans, they still would produce sicko sarcastic signage and jeer them mercilessly. I live in ACC/SEC country and the ACC alums/fans love to hate Duke. Most think Duke should be relocated to NY or CT, since so many of their students come from there. They view it as a Yankee school not a Bubba school.

Duke, Notre Dame = arrogance.

A lot of our posters are arrogant.

They've made fun of inferior teams in our pre conference schedule many times, and some of the lower level A-10 teams... "get them out of here" attitude.

They berate the MVC, state the A-10 is superior because of "Catholic values", blah, blah, and say they will turn in their season tickets if we switched.

One called the MVC a "tomato can league" or something, even though we get routinely get spanked by MO St and even So Ill in the last 8 yrs (since we decided to go A-10).

SO, both arrogant AND hypocrites.

And we are just little 3-3, 275 RPI SLU, could you imagine if we had Duke's players, winning records, Coach K and his assistants, NCAA appearances and Championships the last 20 yrs?

Give me a break.

They've made fun of inferior teams in our pre conference schedule many times, and some of the lower level A-10 teams... "get them out of here" attitude.

They berate the MVC, state the A-10 is superior because of "Catholic values", blah, blah, and say they will turn in their season tickets if we switched.

One called the MVC a "tomato can league" or something, even though we get routinely get spanked by MO St and even So Ill in the last 8 yrs (since we decided to go A-10).

And we are just little 3-3, 275 RPI SLU, could you imagine if we had Duke's players, winning records, Coach K and his assistants, NCAA appearances and Championships the last 20 yrs?

Give me a break.

Great story. Compelling and rich.

Give me a break.

Catholics rule

Watching the Duke - Butler game right now and they were just going over Duke's upcoming schedule. They made a point of saying that coach K was wary of the Saint Louis game.

He shouldn't be, but nice to get the respect.

Give me a break.

Non sequitur

Since this thread has now gone beyond any logic or reason, it's time to think about what could've been. We're 3-3 going into the Duke game. Had we not been screwed out of our two top players, this easily could have been 6-0. Giving the Dookies a competitive game would have been a reasonable expectation. Alas, not the case now. We're gonna get creamed. Something like 87- 44, and it's gonna happen on national TV. However, the 11:00 am start should produce a small audience w/ the Holidays fast approaching. It'll be a whole lot smaller after about 15 minutes into the game. And to add to the Duke bashing, it's their fans that make Duke so despicable. They're beyond arrogant. If the Dookies were playing a wheelchair team of war veterans, they still would produce sicko sarcastic signage and jeer them mercilessly. I live in ACC/SEC country and the ACC alums/fans love to hate Duke. Most think Duke should be relocated to NY or CT, since so many of their students come from there. They view it as a Yankee school not a Bubba school.

The only way we score as many as 44 points is if Duke takes off it's pressure by halftime.

You guys do know that even if SLU had WR and KM they still get smacked by at least 25. Duke by far best team in the nation. No back court in the nation comes close to theirs. Also I can see Duke playing all backups starting at like the 6 min mark of the 1st half.

You guys do know that even if SLU had WR and KM they still get smacked by at least 25. Duke by far best team in the nation. No back court in the nation comes close to theirs. Also I can see Duke playing all backups starting at like the 6 min mark of the 1st half.

Love the optimism...

Pistol now has a pair of hard tickets to the game, so all pieces have come together. See all of you real fans in Durham this weekend.

All of us fake fans hope you and the rest of the billiken faithful going to the game have a great time.