SLU vs. Duke

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to get fired up...a buddy found this gem on a 'random blog'...

“I hate the Duke men’s basketball team. I hate their uniforms. I hate their fans. I hate their band. I hate their coach. I hate the parents in the stands. I hate announcers who say anything nice about them. I hate Christian Laettner, even though he was one of the best players in the country and went to a little Catholic school in Western New York, just like me. I hate Grant Hill. I hate Trajan Langdon. I hate Josh McRoberts. I hate William Avery. I hate Gerald Henderson, Jr. I hate Jason Williams. I hate JJ Redick. I hate Chris Carrawell. I hate Shane Battier. I have special hate for Bobby Hurley. In case I may not have been completely clear, I hate Duke basketball, and my hate is something that has been fed by 20 years of smug bastards who win game after game with obnoxious smirks on their privileged faces.”

“I hate the Duke men’s basketball team. I hate their uniforms. I hate their fans. I hate their band. I hate their coach. I hate the parents in the stands. I hate announcers who say anything nice about them. I hate Christian Laettner, even though he was one of the best players in the country and went to a little Catholic school in Western New York, just like me. I hate Grant Hill. I hate Trajan Langdon. I hate Josh McRoberts. I hate William Avery. I hate Gerald Henderson, Jr. I hate Jason Williams. I hate JJ Redick. I hate Chris Carrawell. I hate Shane Battier. I have special hate for Bobby Hurley. In case I may not have been completely clear, I hate Duke basketball, and my hate is something that has been fed by 20 years of smug bastards who win game after game with obnoxious smirks on their privileged faces.”

+1,000,000

Couldn't have said it better myself...except he left out my most hated Dukie of all time- Jon Scheyer...and Kyle Singler...and the Plumlee brothers...and Cherokee Parks...

Man, I hate Duke...what would everyone trade/give up for a SLU win at Cameron? A pinkie toe? A wife? Beer?

Fellow Billiken fans,

I had a vivid dream last night about the SLU/Duke game. We keep it close throughout, but eventually drop it by 12.

Just for what it's worth...

(Insert daniel tosh "dream" clip here)

slubilliken09 - I don't really see that dream becoming any sort of reality - did you not watch the Duke v Mich. St. game last night!? There is absolutely NO WAY the Billikens will match up against that Duke team... not that I wouldn't love for your dream to happen (I would love it!) but dreams are dreams and reality is reality.

slubilliken09 - I don't really see that dream becoming any sort of reality - did you not watch the Duke v Mich. St. game last night!? There is absolutely NO WAY the Billikens will match up against that Duke team... not that I wouldn't love for your dream to happen (I would love it!) but dreams are dreams and reality is reality.

I said we lose... lol

Fellow Billiken fans,

I had a vivid dream last night about the SLU/Duke game. We keep it close throughout, but eventually drop it by 12.

The shot-for-cash was prophetic in its own right so there may be some validitiy to your statement.

I hate all of the above as well, but no one has said this one: I hate Sean Dockery, whose ACT score was LESS THAN HALF of mine and he somehow got into a top 10 school.

Also, I hate Dickie V because no journalist working for a national news organization (even if it is just sports) should be a cheerleader for one program over others.

My goal at Duke next weekend is to piss on Cameron Indoor Stadium somehow.

I hate all of the above as well, but no one has said this one: I hate Sean Dockery, whose ACT score was LESS THAN HALF of mine and he somehow got into a top 10 school.

Also, I hate Dickie V because no journalist working for a national news organization (even if it is just sports) should be a cheerleader for one program over others.

My goal at Duke next weekend is to piss on Cameron Indoor Stadium somehow.

You could always do it beforehand in a bottle, and transfer the liquid onto the building. Or are you desiring to directly urinate onto the building? That would be impressive.

You could always do it beforehand in a bottle, and transfer the liquid onto the building. Or are you desiring to directly urinate onto the building? That would be impressive.

Directly on the building. I'm not carrying piss around. Though that probably would be even nastier, given a little age on it.

Duke haters, a phenomenon I have observed for quite some time.

Why hate superior athletic achievement in a top 10 academic institution, a (relatively) clean program?

Makes no sense.

Jealousy, I believe, like the Dallas Cowboys and Notre Dame football years ago. Maybe the NY Yankess fit in there somewhere.

Duke haters? Makes me think of the guy on the commercial who says "that's why the color yellow makes me sad".

Why hate superior athletic achievement in a top 10 academic institution, a (relatively) clean program?

Makes no sense.

Jealousy, I believe, like the Dallas Cowboys and Notre Dame football years ago. Maybe the NY Yankess fit in there somewhere.

Duke haters? Makes me think of the guy on the commercial who says "that's why the color yellow makes me sad".

Ah, the "You're just jealous" defense. Why hate Duke? People have good reason to hate Duke. Sports fans can tolerate a lot of things, but when we constantly have a narrative of superiority thrown in our faces about Duke from just about every news outlet, it's hard to take. I won't get into every detail that bothers me about Duke, its fanboys, its coverage, or its well-crafted story (which you state above and which I bolded), but I can speak for a lot of people when I say we're tired of it. There are 350 D-I programs, each with its own story, many from awesome schools, and many of which are pretty clean.

But I'll take a crack at translating your post for everyone: "You're just jealous. Duke is perfect because my son went there. Nyah nyah nyah."

Makes no sense.

I don't hate Duke. I don't really care about them one way or another. At least this is a game that's generating some emotion among our fans. We don't get too much of that, so what's the big deal if our fans are up for the game?

JJ Redick gives hope to slow, white kids (like myself) everywhere. That said, there is no defense for Josh McRoberts.

Fellow Billiken fans,

We will not lose by 12. I will be shocked if it is within 10 at the first media timeout and also shocked if we lose by anything less than 30.

We are not a good team, Duke is the best team. Neither of those points can even be argued right now.

We will not lose by 12. I will be shocked if it is within 10 at the first media timeout and also shocked if we lose by anything less than 30.

We are not a good team, Duke is the best team. Neither of those points can even be argued right now.

It was a dream.

I don't hate Duke. I don't really care about them one way or another. At least this is a game that's generating some emotion among our fans. We don't get too much of that, so what's the big deal if our fans are up for the game?

Good for you.

Did you see the initial entry and the following ones? No just fans being up for the game. Pissing on Cameron Indoor? Lots of class.

Lol geesh... you really think he's serious?

i'd piss on it in a heartbeat. well, however many heartbeats it takes me to unload four 24oz budweisers.

oh, and for as much as i hate duke, esp. josh mcroberts, he had a sicknasty dunk the other night...

Posted Image