SLU vs. Duke

We will not lose by 12. I will be shocked if it is within 10 at the first media timeout and also shocked if we lose by anything less than 30.

We are not a good team, Duke is the best team. Neither of those points can even be argued right now.

Realistically, our only hope of keeping this thing under 40 is that Rick has a game plan that slows the game down so much that they can't score 80.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically, our only hope of keeping this thing under 40 is that Rick has a game plan that slows the game down so much that they can't score 80.

And we have to keep turnovers down in the single digits. I see turnovers being a big problem against duke.

Anyone have plans to watch this game at a bar, or is everyone going all Midwest Hemorrhoid Treatment Center and deciding to suffer in silence at home?

I'm just happy this game comes on at 11. Maybe most people will not have their TV on yet.

After seeing Duke, especially Kyrie Irving, play last night... SLU will have trouble keeping it close, hanging around, competing, etc.

Kyrie Irving is a special player.

Battle for best guard in the country is between Irving and Kemba Walker (UConn).

SLU by 18. MM, JJ, and KC will crush their guards.

SLU by 18. MM, JJ, and KC will crush their guards.

Yes.

In all seriousness though, I love the way Mike has been playing. Great poise for a freshman, good ball control. And Jett plays with awesome intensity and gets timely steals.

KC is a boss.

Yes.

In all seriousness though, I love the way Mike has been playing. Great poise for a freshman, good ball control. And Jett plays with awesome intensity and gets timely steals.

KC is a boss.

Kyle did not play well last game. He was tentative early on and it was a reason why we dug a big hole. Jett, McCall and Evans were the only ones who came to play. They played with a lot of confidence for their first road game and helped bring us back in the game.

I was so jacked up for this game when it was announced. I really thought we'd be great this year, a Top 25 team. I figured we'd be undefeated and Rick would have 11 days to prepare for the Blue Devils (you know that's why there are no games until Duke). I gave us a significant chance to win (20%?) and was confident we'd look good to the country on national TV.

Hey, thanks Student Conduct Board for ruining an opportunity for SLU to be great this year. It's not like a close game with the #1 team in the country (or a win?) would help improve the University's reputation or anything.

Free Willie and Kwamain!

Yes.

KC is a boss.

I expect to lose this game by 30 to 50 points. I will, however, walk away without hating the world if our freshmen step up, play hard for 40 minutes, and show they aren't afraid.

If we back down, play soft, and lose by a ton, it will be hard to draw any positives from the loss. We won't win this but have a chance to grow from it, and that will all stem from playing tough defense and not being tentative.

Anyone have plans to watch this game at a bar, or is everyone going all Midwest Hemorrhoid Treatment Center and deciding to suffer in silence at home?

Friendlys?

Couldn't have said it better myself...except he left out my most hated Dukie of all time- Jon Scheyer...and Kyle Singler...and the Plumlee brothers...and Cherokee Parks...

Man, I hate Duke...what would everyone trade/give up for a SLU win at Cameron? A pinkie toe? A wife? Beer?

Boytoy said he would give up his boyfriend.

09-

I once started a thread thanking everyone for my 300th post, that also sparked a discussion.

Great, so my dream is equal to your 300th post. Not really sure what point you're trying to make. Have a bad day or something?