Mitchell and Reed suspended

ACE

I`m with Roy on this 1 ,the boys will have to step up to cover for KM & WR ,

No one has stated that both players have been totally thrown out of SLU, ONLY suspended for 1 Semester ,if the boys decide to stay they will be back for start of Conference.

Can you cite a source other than message board gossip that says "one semester" as the length of the "suspension?"

I hope you are right.....

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to offer my condolences. As a huge fan of a team, I know what it feels like to feel like you just got kicked in the guts and have your heart ripped out. I imagine a lot of you are feeling that way now.

Sucky to see the two kids go, and hopefully SLU finds a way to rally this year.

Thanks for coming to the wake and offering condolences to the bereaved.

Channel 5 just had a story and said the suspensions were for the semester and they could come back if they wrote a letter of apology. They talked to Reed's dad and he wasn't happy with how it all went down.

Channel 5 just had a story and said the suspensions were for the semester and they could come back if they wrote a letter of apology. They talked to Reed's dad and he wasn't happy with how it all went down.

A letter of Fu###ng apology?!??!?!?! What is this, third grade??!!! What Bull!

all the people that are flippin out need to settle down.

willie reed is 100% replaceable and quite frankly we would probably be better of without his attitude around

kwamain is a little more valuable but we have some great guys in the freshman class that are really looking forward to step up their game even more to fill the void. caoches had already been talking about mike mccall as the new kwamain prior to this whole situation. hold onto your season tickets people, this season is still gonna be great

yes they are only suspended for one semester. i hope that by the time they are allowed back on campus, people have come to see how amazing our team is without them anyway

I hope the Reeds sue SLU.

I feel infinitely less devoted to my alma mater than I did an hour ago. All we are left with in the void of a statement from SLU is that these two kids are being punished for a crime that never took place. I wish I could get a refund on my season tickets.

Willie Reed Sr. just spoke on Channel 5 saying the suspensions were 1 semester, they had no eviodence of forcible sex, what one student did was consensual and Willie was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, also if the suspension is not revoked Reed will not attend SLU again.

That makes it sound like Willie's dad is saying Kwamain had the sex, it was consentual and Willie was just in the room.

If that is really the case, and I'm Kwamain and I know in my heart it was consentual, and I'm Willie and didn't actually have sex .... I wouldn't return. Which of you would accept it if you were punished far worse than the rest of the student body gets for doing something at least half the students at the school do.

A letter of Fu###ng apology?!??!?!?! What is this, third grade??!!! What Bull!

what a joke.

When I was in third grade I hocked a loogy on some gal in my class and had to write her an apology.

If thats the case though they should do the same thing I did when I was 8.

Pull out the crayons and write the note.

You dont have to mean it just need to write it.

willie reed is 100% replaceable

Agreed 100%

kwamain is a little more valuable but we have some great guys in the freshman class that are really looking forward to step up their game even more to fill the void

Kwamain is a lot more valuable and although there are players waiting to step up, I'd be very surprised if his void is filled

This makes it sound more like it was sham and 2 boys were used as scape goats .Write an Apology what the ###### is that!!.

I hope the Reeds sue SLU.

I feel infinitely less devoted to my alma mater than I did an hour ago. All we are left with in the void of a statement from SLU is that these two kids are being punished for a crime that never took place. I wish I could get a refund on my season tickets.

No one here can say with certainty that a crime did not take place. I certainly hope one did not.

Well then I'm shocked to hear that all students who have drunk sex in the dorm get suspended for a semester or longer. I mean they all do, don't they? I'm surprised every male at SLU hasn't been suspended for at least 1 semester.

Maybe the players should not have been blaming each other for everything that happened and we wouldnt be in this situation. This was not just a drunken hookup bub

That makes it sound like Willie's dad is saying Kwamain had the sex, it was consentual and Willie was just in the room.

If that is really the case, and I'm Kwamain and I know in my heart it was consentual, and I'm Willie and didn't actually have sex .... I wouldn't return. Which of you would accept it if you were punished far worse than the rest of the student body gets for doing something at least half the students at the school do.

That's probably why he says if the suspension is not revoked Willie is gone. This is all just f*cked up. Willie Reed Sr. also stated that Reed and Mitchell went in front of the board together and not seperately which doesn't make sense either to me.

Of course the story you tell your Dad is going to be peaches and cream. I'm not saying Willie did anything legally wrong, but he wasn't just in the wrong place at re wrong time.

Don't forgot about John Smith being involved in this, either.