New Blue Crew Name

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaiferitaville, all students can wear there summer/party attire....

Posted Image

I can't stop looking! Trying to figure out what possibly could be blurred out in the bottom left corner.

As for the name, go with Zoo Crew. We are close to the Zoo.

We never heckled you because you were part of Blue Crew. It was because you tried to run EVERYTHING on your own. We are all for one, not one for all!

I don't know how this became Greek vs Current Blue Crew or anything like that, and I don't know who the IDIOT is that ripped on the WORLD'S GREATEST PEP BAND but the fact is that by changing the name, its going to get all the students involved. After those morons that used to heckle blue crew (morons I knew personally) graduated the greek/blue crew divide has faded. And its more than just the greeks who think that Blue Crew's chants and leadership are a little corny.

SLU greek isn't like state school greek, I think theyre getting ripped on a bit much. The fact is, this is a naming competition, because though I believe the quality of Blue Crew has picked up lately, the name still sucks.

I think it should be something like "THE ARCH NEMESIS" something playful and goofing but original.

We never heckled you because you were part of Blue Crew. It was because you tried to run EVERYTHING on your own. We are all for one, not one for all!

I'm not talking about YOU or any current greeks. I'm referring to the days of Scottrade and former greeks. As Arkansas said and I said earlier trying to include you with kcbill but I couldn't remember your bills.com name..... I tried to run everything? I just tried to get people to yell. That's what I do and have done for years. Nobody was starting anything so I did. I think we went over this stupid topic a year ago and were over this and moving on to a UNITED STUDENT SECTION!

I can't stop looking! Trying to figure out what possibly could be blurred out in the bottom left corner.

As for the name, go with Zoo Crew. We are close to the Zoo.

my guess is a bucket of oats

In a much needed and overdue cleansing of the Blue Crew, the athletics department is holding an official competition for students to come up with the best name for the student section. I think we all remember how the last contest SLU held went, but you have to admit that Blue Crew was unoriginal and uninspiring. Also, this may help some or the students who are passionate Bills fans but can't stand the somewhat corny Blue Crew, get involved in the tradition making process.

I'm interested to see what the diehards think. I'm a little disappointed I'm missing this bus as I graduated in May but I am pumped to see spirit on the rise. LETS GO BILLS.

Typed this up on my iPhone. Shout out to the new design and it's creators for the improved access on mobile devices and overall astetic quality.

How about the Baby Blues?

I'm not talking about YOU or any current greeks. I'm referring to the days of Scottrade and former greeks. As Arkansas said and I said earlier trying to include you with kcbill but I couldn't remember your bills.com name..... I tried to run everything? I just tried to get people to yell. That's what I do and have done for years. Nobody was starting anything so I did. I think we went over this stupid topic a year ago and were over this and moving on to a UNITED STUDENT SECTION!

How old are you guys anyway? GROW UP :)

just an idea but, The Louie Lunatics, or Louis Lunatics

If we are the Louies I can see a Louie, Louie ala The Kingsmens in our future. The cover by Paul Revere with the sax solo at the begining would be perfect for the band.

While you may need to have Chicago Billiken or Eskimo sign over the naming rights, I always thought "The Eskimos" was fitting and generally hilarious, although the average fan probably wouldn't get it.

I think we should revisit this one. If the band is actually Nerds instead of dorks, the possibilities are endless for Eskimo Pi's. :D

So is there no difference between "St. Lunatics" and "SLUnatics"? And does the group really have it trademarked?

Um, well, legally, no. Feel free to try to name a doughnut shop -- even a local one -- McDonuts if you'd like to test out the theory. And yes, by quite demonstrable prior use, the group has trademark rights, even if they haven't registered it.

Um, well, legally, no. Feel free to try to name a doughnut shop -- even a local one -- McDonuts if you'd like to test out the theory. And yes, by quite demonstrable prior use, the group has trademark rights, even if they haven't registered it.

Fine, but what harm would befall them if SLU's student section uses "SLUnatics"? Would the University profit from it or would it harm the rap group's revenue? How come youth & community groups can use professional team names like Lakers?

Fine, but what harm would befall them if SLU's student section uses "SLUnatics"? Would the University profit from it or would it harm the rap group's revenue? How come youth & community groups can use professional team names like Lakers?

Me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.

I tend to agree with the sentiment that there's nothing wrong with "Blue Crew." It has positive equity in that it's been used for several years and most casual fans just think of it as the student section. The negative equity comes from the times that about 15 people have sat in that section, but we've also had at least a few cases of jam-packed seas of blue, which is what I think people will remember.

But perhaps someone could clarify: Is the intent to name the entire student section, or just the 50-300 kids who sit up front and are generally more rowdy than the rest? Is it meant to be (now or eventually) some sort of club? Does "Blue Crew" currently refer to just a membership group, or the student section as a whole?

Me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.

Gotta love a Coming to America reference.