NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY AT THE FETZ

If somebody brings up names like Ben McLemore or Otto Porter, I have no problem with talking about them. And if some info is available on ESPN's recruiting site, then I'll certainly chime in if I have an opinion. But I'm not going to relay Nate's info on who Majerus has offered or is pursuing the hardest or what Scout.com says are their strengths, weaknesses, etc. Times tricky, but when there is big recruiting news, it often makes it to the board fairly quickly.

SS.

Agree to disagree.

When RM/SLU lands a recruit, THEN we talk about the kid. Otherwise, I agree with NH, there is NO discussion on this Board. I understand the difficulty of protecting Nate's work but, "in the old days" this Board had other sources and scouts for information - every poster was their own scout. Especially with local kids, this Board would have many posts about not only player XYZ, but also player ABC who was also noticed at the same game as this Board is full of avid and knowledgeable basketball fans. Now, b/c Nate apparently posts on his Board that SLU has offered XYZ, there is NO discussion on this Board - about if we should offer him, if he is as good as player ABC, who else we might offer.

In the meantime, enjoy the premium material that gives Nate's opinion only. I miss the collective opinions - even yours.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SS.

Agree to disagree.

When RM/SLU lands a recruit, THEN we talk about the kid. Otherwise, I agree with NH, there is NO discussion on this Board. I understand the difficulty of protecting Nate's work but, "in the old days" this Board had other sources and scouts for information - every poster was their own scout. Especially with local kids, this Board would have many posts about not only player XYZ, but also player ABC who was also noticed at the same game as this Board is full of avid and knowledgeable basketball fans. Now, b/c Nate apparently posts on his Board that SLU has offered XYZ, there is NO discussion on this Board - about if we should offer him, if he is as good as player ABC, who else we might offer.

In the meantime, enjoy the premium material that gives Nate's opinion only. I miss the collective opinions - even yours.

I don't know if I've ever seen a board more on lockdown about talking about recruits. Pretty much anywhere else you go that's what half the threads are about.

I don't know if I've ever seen a board more on lockdown about talking about recruits. Pretty much anywhere else you go that's what half the threads are about.

To be honest with you theres not much on Nates board at the moment anyway. Since the Majerus era started the recruiting news/inside scoop has been on lockdown. A lot of this has to do with Rick going all over the world for recruits instead of mainly focusing on St. louis. Rick has some offers out on some local kids such as Otto Porter and Cameron Bieshied.

SS.

Agree to disagree.

Fair enough. IMHO, I think the recent lack of recruiting discussion has more to do with where Majerus is recruiting his players (fewer local, halfway around the planet) and the firewall that Majerus has put up around the program.

Edit: See Westy's post above.

Fair enough. IMHO, I think the recent lack of recruiting discussion has more to do with where Majerus is recruiting his players (fewer local, halfway around the planet) and the firewall that Majerus has put up around the program.

Edit: See Westy's post above.

Not to mention we only have 1 scholarship to give for next year. Hard to have a lot of buzz when only one player is likely to be signed this fall and there is a reasonable chance the player will not be from the U.S. or anywhere near St. Louis.

Nate has outlined many of the targets we have for this class and beyond on his board. None if it is proprietary but common sense suggests that repeating much of it on this board would be counterproductive to what he is trying to build demand wise.

p.s. I don't visit all that many message boards but I rarely see any meaningful talk on the Tigerboard about recruits. Its simply the way things are these days.

p.s. I don't visit all that many message boards but I rarely see any meaningful talk on the Tigerboard about recruits. Its simply the way things are these days.

Thats just not true. Almost all schools talk a lot more recruiting than what happens here at SLU.

Can we get shirts that say "Nobody wants to play at the Fetz" ?

Designed one last year in Blue and White...I'll send it over to you and see what you think. Has the old school billie logo on it. Pretty sweet.

Designed one last year in Blue and White...I'll send it over to you and see what you think. Has the old school billie logo on it. Pretty sweet.

Need something more clever than "nobody wants to play at the Fetz" before they are mass produced. Hell, its not like we are unbeatable at home.

Need something more clever than "nobody wants to play at the Fetz" before they are mass produced. Hell, its not like we are unbeatable at home.

That is true. And for whatever reason I have an aversion to calling the Chaifetz "The Fetz".

It started out as more of an inside joke...this was actually a line from 'The Big Guy' who is a friend of mine...after we beat Dayton 2 years ago, the day of Mardi Gras, he bear hugged a Dayton fan, and bounced him up and down screaming 'NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY AT THE FETZ'...so we weren't going for clever concepts, it is more of an inside joke..one of which 05 was a part of. So no worries, no mass producing for Eckelkamper...

It started out as more of an inside joke...this was actually a line from 'The Big Guy' who is a friend of mine...after we beat Dayton 2 years ago, the day of Mardi Gras, he bear hugged a Dayton fan, and bounced him up and down screaming 'NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY AT THE FETZ'...so we weren't going for clever concepts, it is more of an inside joke..one of which 05 was a part of. So no worries, no mass producing for Eckelkamper...

Put that sucka up on CafePress.

We need to see Dr. Chaifetz himself wearing one.

joe i dont pretend to know how to manipulate that sight, but what if the "No One" and the "Wants To Play At The 'Fetz" was circular around the billiken. and on the back "Fear The Billiken" in some funky font?

otherwise i really like it. hell we could make it our current billikens.com shirt. maybe minimally show billikens.com on the shirt somewhere so only us cool kids are included. :lol:

joe i dont pretend to know how to manipulate that sight, but what if the "No One" and the "Wants To Play At The 'Fetz" was circular around the billiken. and on the back "Fear The Billiken" in some funky font?

otherwise i really like it. hell we could make it our current billikens.com shirt. maybe minimally show billikens.com on the shirt somewhere so only us cool kids are included. :lol:

We could take a head shot graphic of Steve and put it on the sleeve as the Billikens.com emblem.

In the same light, we could take a graphic of Dr. Chaifetz pumping his fist and put that on the front, w/ the "No One Wants to Play at the Fetz" writing on the back.

Either way, I've thought about it (took 2 seconds) and I'm in. Lets get it done. Sect. 108 will have never looked so good.

i want no graphic whatsoever.

just

NO ONE

WANTS TO PLAY

AT THE FETZ

in the middle of a billiken blue shirt. we can have DK57 on the sleeve or something.

if anyone asks what it means, you just scream what it means right in their face, as many times as necessary.

i want no graphic whatsoever.

just

NO ONE

WANTS TO PLAY

AT THE FETZ

in the middle of a billiken blue shirt. we can have DK57 on the sleeve or something.

if anyone asks what it means, you just scream what it means right in their face, as many times as necessary.

billikenfan05 likes this.

Why does no one want to play at the Fetz? Is it because of the rampant crime in the area?