Looks like Duke!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is huge. Nationally televised too...CBS. Too bad we probably won't get Verne, but maybe we'll get Gus Johnson.

Mitchell rises and fires...

I can see it now! Go Bills! Beat Dook.

This is Gigantic...LETS START THE DANG SEASON!

This is Gigantic...LETS START THE DANG SEASON!

The lead game into Army-Navy is awesome. Maybe Staubach swings by Durham on his way to Philly and gives us a pep talk.

So Conklin will be going up against another Oregonian in Singler. Wonder if they ever played each other in high school.

That should raise the SOS. CBS.

I have never seen a game in Durham. Love to see the Bills there. Might make the trip.

Kshoe and I toured Cameron Indoor a few months ago and it's eerily similar to West Pine Gym. The layout of the court, concourses, entrance, etc. are nearly identical. It's just about twice the size.

Great news. You have to take an opportunity like this.

It's interesting though since it's right in the middle of finals week... Usually Majerus tries to not have games (or have an easy one i.e. Rockhurst) during finals.

Honestly, I not sure why everybody is so excited. We just signed a deal to be a buy game and probably get our brains beat in on national TV. When we went down there the last time we at least got a game with them here. Unless we beat them our RPI is not going to get a big bump - our SOS will - so I guess there is something positive there. I hope this not what PDiddy was talking about - I was hoping for a two game contract with a home and home.

Honestly, I not sure why everybody is so excited. We just signed a deal to be a buy game and probably get our brains beat in on national TV. When we went down there the last time we at least got a game with them here. Unless we beat them our RPI is not going to get a big bump - our SOS will - so I guess there is something positive there. I hope this not what PDiddy was talking about - I was hoping for a two game contract with a home and home.

I'd rather lose to Duke on the road than some low to mid major. It may not help our RPI but it won't hurt it either. 77 in a row non conference at home... sounds like they're due for an upset.

CBS TV against a top 5 team. We gave North Carolina all they could handle in the Deam Dome. You never know. I'm pumped.

CBS TV against a top 5 team. We gave North Carolina all they could handle in the Deam Dome. You never know. I'm pumped.

One thing is for sure: if we pull this game off, the national attention would be huge and the world will know that SLU has arrived.

One thing is for sure: if we pull this game off, the national attention would be huge and the world will know that SLU has arrived.

This could also be a situation where we come in with a very good record and are beginning to generate significant excitement in St. Louis. Getting the rest of the city behind the team for this game, even if we lose, could be a boon for the rest of the season in terms of attracting the average bball fan.

Great news. You have to take an opportunity like this.

It's interesting though since it's right in the middle of finals week... Usually Majerus tries to not have games (or have an easy one i.e. Rockhurst) during finals.

This is a Saturday game. Did you mean they would be preparing for the game during finals? Or do finals run into the next week?

This game against Duke would also be a good gauge of how our beloved Bills stack up against the top competition in the NCAAs.

I hope Willie and Loe are conditioning. We'll need big time minutes out of them against the Brothers Plumlee and Ryan Kelly.

And I'm not sure who we'll have guard Singler.

I'm less worried about Curry, Irving and Nolan Smith, considering they aren't over-sized for the guard positions.

We effectively shut Curry down two years ago (albeit, it was 2 years ago when he was a freshman on a not-so-good team) but he led the nation in freshman scoring that year.

I would guess we'll rotate several players on him. KC will get some time on him, as will CE assuming his defense has improved from last season. Depending his D, I could see putting DE on him too. Singler is not overly athletic, but he is very talented.