New scout.com top 100

NH

Notable players-

#10 Brad Beal

#30 Ben Mclemore

#39 B.J. Young

#66 Mycheal Henry

Is there any chance Beal goes directly to the NBA or is that crazy talk? I have no idea - just asking.

Also, are all of these kids class of 2011? And isn't Mclemore likely to go the prep route?

Is there any chance Beal goes directly to the NBA or is that crazy talk? I have no idea - just asking.

Also, are all of these kids class of 2011? And isn't Mclemore likely to go the prep route?

Mclemore is going to Oak Hill for his senior year of high school. Not a prep school.

They should go the european route like the kid from milwaukee (?). Get a nice chunk of change, live in europe, get seasoned a little, etc.

Another kid did that this year, went to play for Haifa Israel. Got no playing time and quit the team. Now he is in limbo.

Notable players-

#10 Brad Beal

#30 Ben Mclemore

#39 B.J. Young

#66 Mycheal Henry

I know Beal's a St.L kid, the other 3 as well or kids from Missouri? Anyone we're pursuing hard? Anyone of them showing mutual interest, or are they all seeking to leave home for the greener pastures of BCS land?

I know Beal's a St.L kid, the other 3 as well or kids from Missouri? Anyone we're pursuing hard? Anyone of them showing mutual interest, or are they all seeking to leave home for the greener pastures of BCS land?

Beal is committed to Florida for the moment, but there has been some talk that he may reopen his recruitment. Kansas would appear to be the school that would benefit from such a decision. It would not seem like SLU is high on his list if on his list.

McLemore is from Wellston High School, but will be heading to Oak Hill for his senior year. I have heard there may be some concerns with him qualifying. He is really high on Kansas and there were some thoughts among KU fans that he would commit to KU if he received an offer. SLU would not appear to be high on his list.

Mychael Henry verbally committed to the Illini the other week. He is a 6-6 SG, SF out of Chicago from the class of 2011 that the Billikens had offered.

BJ Young is a 6-4 guard from McCluer North. I don't know much about him, but am under the impression he transferred to McCluer North from Hazelwood Central this past season after being suspended early in the season. He has put up some huge games offensively on the AAU circuit. I have not heard much about him or what schools are recruiting him beyond area MVC schools.

Beal is committed to Florida for the moment, but there has been some talk that he may reopen his recruitment. Kansas would appear to be the school that would benefit from such a decision. It would not seem like SLU is high on his list if on his list.

McLemore is from Wellston High School, but will be heading to Oak Hill for his senior year. I have heard there may be some concerns with him qualifying. He is really high on Kansas and there were some thoughts among KU fans that he would commit to KU if he received an offer. SLU would not appear to be high on his list.

Mychael Henry verbally committed to the Illini the other week. He is a 6-6 SG, SF out of Chicago from the class of 2011 that the Billikens had offered.

BJ Young is a 6-4 guard from McCluer North. I don't know much about him, but am under the impression he transferred to McCluer North from Hazelwood Central this past season after being suspended early in the season. He has put up some huge games offensively on the AAU circuit. I have not heard much about him or what schools are recruiting him beyond area MVC schools.

Mclemore has an offer from Kansas.

Young has issues with grades, but he is being recruited by Xavier, Arizona, Purdue, Minnesota among others. It would be a little embarrassing if X stole him out of our backyard.

They should go the european route like the kid from milwaukee (?). Get a nice chunk of change, live in europe, get seasoned a little, etc.

The coaches don't want to play them though because of the fact they are only going to be there for a year. There's also a bit of culture shock if you just go and do it on your own. If I recall correctly, Jennings family moved over with him. The other kid who played for Israel this past year is basically screwed (but its his own fault). No high school diploma, no longer eligible to play for college, and (I honestly don't know how good he is) how many pro teams are going to want to take a chance on him after walking out on his last time? It's not a surefire route yet. Josh Childress (he was on Atlanta after college) signed a nice contract with a Greek team and is doing pretty well. Pretty mixed success as of now, and only a few players have gone this route.

Saw the Henry kid from Chicago at the Normandy Tournament. He is good. He scored 46 against cardinal ritter in the game i watched. bruce got a good one.

pdiddy, where have you been hiding? The "streets" have been very quiet since BS left.

So 3 of the 4 are basically locals. Wonder what we can do to keep local future 4-5 stars at home? Not one has committed to SLU since 1997 and we all know why that happened.

So 3 of the 4 are basically locals. Wonder what we can do to keep local future 4-5 stars at home? Not one has committed to SLU since 1997 and we all know why that happened.

I don't care where the players come from. Two of the kids on the list are going to have a hard time becoming eligible.

Sorry but I don't buy into the reason you are hinting at. LH was part of a large, good and local group who stayed home. Larry's brother was only one of many factors - albeit an important reason.

I don't care where the players come from. Two of the kids on the list are going to have a hard time becoming eligible.

McLemore is just about there eligiblity-wise. He's not gonna have a hard-time. His move to Oak Hill is because he is not going to Normandy and MSHSAA wont allow him to play anywhere else in Missouri next year, so he has to leave the state to play his senior year of basketball.

With regards to Brandon Jennings. And players bypassing college via Euro League...

It probably improved Jennings' game, but I don't think he enjoyed Europe as much as he would have enjoyed college. It definitely hurt his NBA draft stock for 2 reasons:

1 - These players seem a little risky. They come from a very non-traditional route and its much harder to make a comparison to other players in the draft. (IE Jennings didn't play any college players when he was playing for the Italian Club team)

2 - You can enhance your resume a lot more with college than Euro league. The level of competition overall is much higher in Euro League and players are physically older, stronger, and more developed. It's much harder to have dazzling statistics and win awards when you are playing in Europe.

With regards to Brandon Jennings. And players bypassing college via Euro League...

It probably improved Jennings' game, but I don't think he enjoyed Europe as much as he would have enjoyed college. It definitely hurt his NBA draft stock for 2 reasons:

1 - These players seem a little risky. They come from a very non-traditional route and its much harder to make a comparison to other players in the draft. (IE Jennings didn't play any college players when he was playing for the Italian Club team)

2 - You can enhance your resume a lot more with college than Euro league. The level of competition overall is much higher in Euro League and players are physically older, stronger, and more developed. It's much harder to have dazzling statistics and win awards when you are playing in Europe.

Most of the kids who are going over to Europe don't need to enhance their resume. They go over their to circumvent the NBA rule not enhance their resume. They are usually pro ready out of High School. The reward of playing overseas is, as much as I hate to admit it, better than playing in college. You get experience against like you said older better players.

Most of the kids who are going over to Europe don't need to enhance their resume. They go over their to circumvent the NBA rule not enhance their resume. They are usually pro ready out of High School. The reward of playing overseas is, as much as I hate to admit it, better than playing in college. You get experience against like you said older better players.

-Jennings in the Italian League:

27 games, 5.5 points, 1.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.5 steals in 17.0 minutes per game. He shot 35.1 percent from the field and 20.7 percent from 3 point range in Lega A play.

-Jennings in EuroLeague:

7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 1.2 steals in 19.6 minutes per game. In the Euroleague he shot 38.7 percent from the field and 26.8 percent from 3 point range

I think that hurt his draft spot a little. He knew after being the top prospect of his class he'd have draft security, but regardless players want more than being drafted if they are "pro-ready".

He probably would have been 5th right after Tyreke Evans. Johnny Flynn went 6th overall and I think if Jennings played for AZ, he would have been picked before Flynn.

So I disagree when you say "Most of the kids who are going over to Europe don't need to enhance their resume."

I agree when you say "They are usually pro ready out of High School."

And in conclusion, I doubt any pro-ready American prospects will play any European ball ever again. Jennings tested the water, and he ended up fine, but I doubt anyone will take that risk again.

-Jennings in the Italian League:

27 games, 5.5 points, 1.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.5 steals in 17.0 minutes per game. He shot 35.1 percent from the field and 20.7 percent from 3 point range in Lega A play.

-Jennings in EuroLeague:

7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 1.2 steals in 19.6 minutes per game. In the Euroleague he shot 38.7 percent from the field and 26.8 percent from 3 point range

I think that hurt his draft spot a little. He knew after being the top prospect of his class he'd have draft security, but regardless players want more than being drafted if they are "pro-ready".

He probably would have been 5th right after Tyreke Evans. Johnny Flynn went 6th overall and I think if Jennings played for AZ, he would have been picked before Flynn.

So I disagree when you say "Most of the kids who are going over to Europe don't need to enhance their resume."

I agree when you say "They are usually pro ready out of High School."

And in conclusion, I doubt any pro-ready American prospects will play any European ball ever again. Jennings tested the water, and he ended up fine, but I doubt anyone will take that risk again.

Keep doubting and players will keep going. Either way he knew he was gonna make beaucoup bucks.

Very, very few are "pro ready" out of High School except in their own mind. They may have pro potential teams like, but they aren't "pro ready"