depressed about the attendance

slu101

If I were a student who paid for season tickets, and ended up buying a $10 ticket to last night's game I probably would not have sat in the student section either....especially if when I walked in there were 50 kids sitting there. I woulda marched my ass right down to the cushy blue front row seats.

That kind of thinking is the reason only 50 kids sit in the student section.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so did I. But how much should the U. have to shell out to pay for this third-level "national championship"? Let's say we made (and I seriously doubt this) 30 grand on the event proper last night, i.e. before the guarantee. Five games like that and this little exercise costs the U. $150,000. When does that number become too high?

Bonwich, I'll bet you were excited when we beat SIU and disappointed when we lost to MO State; don't you think beating Indiana State was a

good win for the program? Especially, when RM was so sure we would win he delegated substitutions to one of his assistants to make sure everyone got time? I think it was a further gauge of just how far these kids came in scond semester.

I don't care who says what Conklin was pissed every time they sent him to the bench; he had one stupid fould, else he could have played longer

Bonwich, I'll bet you were excited when we beat SIU and disappointed when we lost to MO State; don't you think beating Indiana State was a

good win for the program? Especially, when RM was so sure we would win he delegated substitutions to one of his assistants to make sure everyone got time? I think it was a further gauge of just how far these kids came in scond semester.

I don't care who says what Conklin was pissed every time they sent him to the bench; he had one stupid fould, else he could have played longer

The assistants always handle the substitutions. Its been like that all year. The only time ive seen Rick do it is in late game situations with the game on the line.

And so did I. But how much should the U. have to shell out to pay for this third-level "national championship"? Let's say we made (and I seriously doubt this) 30 grand on the event proper last night, i.e. before the guarantee. Five games like that and this little exercise costs the U. $150,000. When does that number become too high?

It is worth whatever we are paying to get at least one game against Cuse or Kansas on ESPN in primetime. Thinking about this tournament as a stand alone thing is the wrong way to think. This is buying a young team extra practice time and getting us at least one big game when this team should be rolling.

The assistants always handle the substitutions. Its been like that all year. The only time ive seen Rick do it is in late game situations with the game on the line.

I have seen Rickma take it in his own hands when guys have missed defensive assignments, but it is rare.

I, also, saw Willie ask to come out one time and Rickma pointed to the other end of the court instead of putting a sub in.

I saw the same thing and I like it. This will not only help Willie's endurance but will also get him used to playing when in pain. He was struggling big time and still played well through it.

I saw the same thing and I like it. This will not only help Willie's endurance but will also get him used to playing when in pain. He was struggling big time and still played well through it.

Temple game right? or at least it was when I noticed it. I liked it too. He got a block right after it.

Temple game right? or at least it was when I noticed it. I liked it too. He got a block right after it.

Yeah it was the Temple game and also last night. Both times Willie could hardly walk up the court but still made a difference in the post(when he got there)

I saw it in yesterday's game. There was about a five minute period when Willie was struggling to make it from one end of the court, to the other. He didn't make it down the court on one offensive possession. Also, didn't even jump or attempt ot get defensive rebounds on a couple of occassions. He clearly wanted to come out but there was no dead ball and Majerus wouldn't call a TO. Although Willie didn't give a strong effort every chance he could during that stretch, he still ended up fighting through it and scoring 6 points and stayed strong defensively in the post.

ISU didn't have a great interior game but I was impressed with Willie's play yesterday. His post moves are getting stronger and he looks more confident/comfortable with the ball inside every game. In the second half there was a possession we had where Willie got the ball in the post, he turned to put it up and was hacked hard as hell by ISU. He was able to finish by making the basket. That was great to see, hopefully we see more of that in the future.

i don't know what to think about how many students will be there for the next game. certainly not expecting anything outstanding....

I'm more depressed about the thought of what I'm going to do after we win the CBI. No more SLU basketball for a while. I guess I could concentrate on school, but I don't know if I want to do that.

i don't know what to think about how many students will be there for the next game. certainly not expecting anything outstanding....

I'm more depressed about the thought of what I'm going to do after we win the CBI. No more SLU basketball for a while. I guess I could concentrate on school, but I don't know if I want to do that.

Spread the word! I'm sure you had friends and classmates who would have gone but had no idea there was a game. I know I did. think lack of press is a much bigger problem than lack of interest right now.

I forgot to mention this after the game but I think I have a new 3rd favorite Billiken Fan.

1. The Dude

2. Larry David

3. a guy with white hair and mustache who was holding a baby last game. He was sititng close to 108. He covered the babies ears as he was yelling at the refs. He was an animal. I hope he is a poster because he gets major props.

I forgot to mention this after the game but I think I have a new 3rd favorite Billiken Fan.

1. The Dude

2. Larry David

3. a guy with white hair and mustache who was holding a baby last game. He was sititng close to 108. He covered the babies ears as he was yelling at the refs. He was an animal. I hope he is a poster because he gets major props.

How can you leave out the guy with the pullover SLU jacket that DESTROYS the refs every game...he sits a couple rows behind the shoes. That guy is awesome.

How can you leave out the guy with the pullover SLU jacket that DESTROYS the refs every game...he sits a couple rows behind the shoes. That guy is awesome.

Yeah, he is 4th. He is the man.

1. The Dude

2. Larry David

That guy gave a lot of effort yelling at the refs but made absolutley no sense with most of the shite he said.