Majerus will be on 1380 at 9 am

By signing a National Letter of Intent am I guaranteed that I will play on a team?

I don't know all of the stipulations, but I suspect that if the school wants to pull the spot for another recruit, as opposed to keeping a bad citizen off of the team, it would still have to eat the promised scholarship. So then the question is, Does that scholarship given to a player not on the team count against the roster? If the answer to that is, "Yes," then it means the LOI is binding for the school.

Yeah, as it was explained to me once you submit the signed letter, the check is yours so to speak. But having the letter in hand without it being signed means they can snag it back from you before they receive your signed copy.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh CHRIST, now i'm going to taco bell. i was going to eat something healthier and less delicious. ho well...

Well, now they do have the fresco menu!

Put me down as another who says thumbs-down to Coach Majerus's disdain for Taco Bell. Even so, Qdoba is even better than Taco Bell (and a little more expensive), and they also sponsor Billikens basketball.

Well, now they do have the fresco menu!

Put me down as another who says thumbs-down to Coach Majerus's disdain for Taco Bell. Even so, Qdoba is even better than Taco Bell (and a little more expensive), and they also sponsor Billikens basketball.

Forget that. Coach can eat of the fresco menu. For the record I also had a big ass Baja Blast, as mentioned previously by or Unews affiliate.

And just to add.... how good would it be for RM to say, son, we really need you to step up and come off the bench this weekend in Atlantic City. Even though you might only get 2 or 3 minutes, they are really important minutes and we need your contributions to win. And, oh by the way, those rumors are true. You really don't have a good enough shot, dribble, defensive presence or ability to rebound, so next year, I suggest you consider going elsewhere.... in fact, I'll help you find another place. Now forget about all that for now and give me the best 3 minutes of your career!!

As to any current player who might end up elsewhere, this year - unlike any I ever remember - all of our players are what I'd consider to be D1 and all could leave SLU and stay at the D1 level. No need to choose between no playing time at SLU v. low-level D2 or D3 ball.

I don't understand. Are you being sarcastic?

I think that kid would say **** you coach Majerus, why would I play for you if youve just cut me. Majerus recruited these guys and I am of the opinion that if they want to stay on the team, they should be given that chance.

I splurged for 2x Tuesdays at Dominos. Two serviceable large pies for 14 bucks. Had to go for sheer volume this time.

Completely fair. Although, the amount of taco bell you could get for $14 is probably staggering. I usually stick around the $10 mark.

I would doubt they have to eat the scholarship if they decide to pull it based on how college football works. It may be different, but I know the likes of Alabama and Georgia will recruit and sign more players then they can take and then when the players get to school they can cut them. It is a very controversial tactic, but I know football schools do it

I'd still go to Papa Johns if I choose between the two but it's a big improvement. It's a little too garlicky(sp?) for my taste.

-i like papa's or imo's

-i thought the dominos sauce was a bit spicy, if i was in a spicy mood i might go back to it

I have a question. Can you give partial scholarships in basketball like you can in other sports? If so, this could be the way this could work. If so, there is probably a chance a few of our guys could get some academic scholarship money to cover some of the shortfall in the athletic scholarship

I have a question. Can you give partial scholarships in basketball like you can in other sports? If so, this could be the way this could work. If so, there is probably a chance a few of our guys could get some academic scholarship money to cover some of the shortfall in the athletic scholarship

I don't know the answer to that question, but I seriously doubt it. I know at Div. II they give partial scholarships, but I've never heard of any Div. I team which gives scholarships giving partials.

I have heard of it in non-major sports (e.g. Cross Country and Baseball) but not Basketball...but it is a thought. However I would be it would create some hard feelings.

This is the most confusing thread I have ever eaten.

If you have 13 scholarships and they are all Cheesy Gorditas, then you have to pull one back in order to receive an offer from Del Taco as long as there is no signed offer from Taco Bell.

This is the most confusing thread I have ever eaten.

If you have 13 scholarships and they are all Cheesy Gorditas, then you have to pull one back in order to receive an offer from Del Taco as long as there is no signed offer from Taco Bell.

It will depend on Del Taco's score on the SAT. There are different qualifying scores based on the Del Taco's Dollar Menu GPA.

Don't even get me started on Chipotle juco transfers... NCAA rulebook is way too complicated.

Guest BillikenReport

I have heard of it in non-major sports (e.g. Cross Country and Baseball) but not Basketball...but it is a thought. However I would be it would create some hard feelings.

I wonder how many threads there are going to be on this subject over the next few months. I thought the subject might slow down until someone actually committed to SLU.

To recap from the last few months...

If everyone returns to the team next year and McCall and Evans both enroll at SLU, the Billikens will have 13 scholarship players with Eckerle giving up his scholarship and becoming a walk-on.

Yes, redshirted players count against the scholarship limit.

Yes, injured players could against the scholarship limit.

No, you can't put athletes recruited to the school with the intention of an athletic scholarship on an academic scholarship instead.

No, the basketball team cannot give out partial scholarships.

Yes, Papa John's is good.

No, Majerus doesn't like Taco Bell or Chuey's (I had a bad experience there the other day, also)

Yes, Papa John's is good.

No, Majerus doesn't like Taco Bell or Chuey's (I had a bad experience there the other day, also)

Dealing with only the important stuff, I've lately been disappointed with Papa John's in the quantity of the toppings they put on. I'm not a fan of Imo's (very thin crust and cost), but they sure load on the toppings.