To the Students- You were great!

slu72

From an old alum, I watched on TV, but it was exciting to see you guys so fired up tonight. You are so lucky to have a cozy, yet inhospitable to opponents, setting to cheer on the Billikids. Please .... please.... please do not lose the enthusiasm and spirit you've shown over the last 3 weeks because of one loss. The kids you go to class with played great. They feel the excitement you created. You have a real team to cheer for, so continue to show for Duquense and Temple. It ain't about free food or Tee shirts, it's about your school and your team. Keep it going... please.

From an old alum, I watched on TV, but it was exciting to see you guys so fired up tonight. You are so lucky to have a cozy, yet inhospitable to opponents, setting to cheer on the Billikids. Please .... please.... please do not lose the enthusiasm and spirit you've shown over the last 3 weeks because of one loss. The kids you go to class with played great. They feel the excitement you created. You have a real team to cheer for, so continue to show for Duquense and Temple. It ain't about free food or Tee shirts, it's about your school and your team. Keep it going... please.

The student section was awesome last night....So was Mr. Chafeitz down on the court, the guy really cares.

i was p!ssed when they sent erckle back to his seat on a free throw. come on guys. what was the kid with a ten foot erckle sign going to do? use some common sense. if erk makes a break for the court, go ahead and shoot him, but if he is just going to waive the sign at love while he shoots a free throw you consider that a problem? obviously those guys have seen "mall cop" once too often.

I'm looking for the student section to come up with a true distraction.

Like this:

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX8Lcxhk90w

What would make a great distraction?

Free throw shooters are taught to focus on the rim.

So the student section is almost too low for that line of sight.

I don't even know whats legal.

Could you hold up an orange background so through the clear backboard, the rim disappears?

Could you hold reflective mirrors or something similar?

I don't know.

Hell, they're college students - just get two chicks making out in the first row - that should work. :P

OK, I'm just having fun and making joke suggestions, but I would like to know if any alumni having real ideas for an already great student section to be even better.

BTW, I'd just like to thank the kid in the student section with the dry erase board for cracking us up with his X-rated drawings.

He was awesome. Unfortunately, he got in a bit of trouble with the arena security/DPS after the game. Couldn't hear everything, but they were not too pleased

Great job guys! Hats off! I love the creativity we are getting. Keep it up for Duquesne. They're no push over

The spinning, hypnotic pinwheel was very creative. Also, can we get some love for the crowd-surfing Billiken to start player introductions?

Also, Pirahna, who says "hats off" any more?