Metz

BIG BILL FAN

I was checking out the A-10 board today and came across this post from Metz. Now I know what you guys are talking about.

billikens.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Bobby and I am a SLU grad (A&S political science 2005). I posted on billikens.com under the moniker billikenmetz for a while until I was banned for making a racial comment. It was in poor taste about Larry Hughes and I apologized and did my penance. I signed on under a new name and was immediately called out for it, even though I did my time away from the site (which is not even run by a SLU alum - it's run by a George Washington alum for christ's sake). Anyway, I'm here on this board now and I'd just like to warn you that I am a pot-stirrer. I am critical of the Saint Louis program. It's getting back to where it should be, but there's ways to go. I do not care for the administrators of billikens.com (although I pretend to so as not to get banned). The administrator, Steve Rogers has banned/blocked my IP address from my home network and my work computer(s). I am the biggest Saint Louis basketball fan there is and not having access to this site is ludicrous. How a freaking GW grad is in charge of a SLU board makes me physically ill. I will be posting anti-billikens.com rants on here every now and again, so thank you for giving me a forum to do so.

I was checking out the A-10 board today and came across this post from Metz. Now I know what you guys are talking about.

billikens.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Bobby and I am a SLU grad (A&S political science 2005). I posted on billikens.com under the moniker billikenmetz for a while until I was banned for making a racial comment. It was in poor taste about Larry Hughes and I apologized and did my penance. I signed on under a new name and was immediately called out for it, even though I did my time away from the site (which is not even run by a SLU alum - it's run by a George Washington alum for christ's sake). Anyway, I'm here on this board now and I'd just like to warn you that I am a pot-stirrer. I am critical of the Saint Louis program. It's getting back to where it should be, but there's ways to go. I do not care for the administrators of billikens.com (although I pretend to so as not to get banned). The administrator, Steve Rogers has banned/blocked my IP address from my home network and my work computer(s). I am the biggest Saint Louis basketball fan there is and not having access to this site is ludicrous. How a freaking GW grad is in charge of a SLU board makes me physically ill. I will be posting anti-billikens.com rants on here every now and again, so thank you for giving me a forum to do so.

I thorough search of this forum might track down the post where someone uncovered his attempt to stir up tigerboard because of his hatred of Steve.

This an internet chat board, I am not sure why the dude keeps getting banned. Even though many don't like him, freedom of speech is what it is. I find some of his posts pretty funny.

This an internet chat board, I am not sure why the dude keeps getting banned. Even though many don't like him, freedom of speech is what it is. I find some of his posts pretty funny.

At the risk of contributing to "political" discussion, the First Amendment right of free speech applies to what governments do. Billikens.com has the right to establish acceptable guidelines and to discipline, censure, or remove any post and/or poster which/who violates that, especially if repetitively. Moreover, there's a consequence for allowing such a derisive member to remain — I dislike to think of the number of excellent, long-time posters we've lost because of the shenanigans of a few. Posters like tsuegnekillib, 3Star_recruit, and others (I liked SheltieDave, even though some didn't) were great contributors but are now gone because a few posters can't observe a reasonable level of decorum.

At the risk of contributing to "political" discussion, the First Amendment right of free speech applies to what governments do. Billikens.com has the right to establish acceptable guidelines and to discipline, censure, or remove any post and/or poster which/who violates that, especially if repetitively. Moreover, there's a consequence for allowing such a derisive member to remain — I dislike to think of the number of excellent, long-time posters we've lost because of the shenanigans of a few. Posters like tsuegnekillib, 3Star_recruit, and others (I liked SheltieDave, even though some didn't) were great contributors but are now gone because a few posters can't observe a reasonable level of decorum.

Every time Metz shows up it's ok for a little while until he just can't control himself. He's like a train wreck and every time he goes off track he takes the entirety of Billikens.com with him. If he really was the world's biggest Billiken fan like he claims he wouldn't waste so much time agitating others.

Thanks for clarifying

No clue, where did Adramos77 go?

As far as I know, Adramos77 hasn't been disciplined in any way (I checked his profile yesterday, and it still says "Member"), but I think he knew everyone was aware that adramos77 is Metz, so he began posting under a different username. There's no telling how many user accounts he already has reserved. If you pull the plug on one, he comes back as another quickly. Even IP banning doesn't seem to completely stop him. The guy is a sociopath and ought to get counseling.

He's not always bad, but he can get really bad.

Every time Metz shows up it's ok for a little while until he just can't control himself. He's like a train wreck and every time he goes off track he takes the entirety of Billikens.com with him. If he really was the world's biggest Billiken fan like he claims he wouldn't waste so much time agitating others.

Somehow I think his continued ban has less to do with his posts, and more to do with the murderous rampages he goes on in his attempts to threaten mods and steve.

No clue, where did Adramos77 go?

That was his latest reincarnation. Does anyone have a list going? It has to be close to 20 by now- it's been almost a decade since he started at SLU, so I don't think the high teens are an unreasonable estimate.

What a sad, sad man.

That was his latest reincarnation. Does anyone have a list going? It has to be close to 20 by now- it's been almost a decade since he started at SLU, so I don't think the high teens are an unreasonable estimate.

What a sad, sad man.

He also used tenthyear senior and I believe MB73.

I don't think tenthyear. That idiot was clearly not a SLU fan. Say what you will about Metz (he is a nut) but he is at least a SLU fan and he occasionally offered some worthwhile basketball posts. He's not the worst troll we've had on here. Now MB73, on the other hand, does bear a strong resemblance to adramos/Metz.

no way rich. 10th avenue freezeout is pure tiger. even metz is above him.

"mb73" is a great billiken fan, and plays it straight to the vest in the vein of say a "billikan". no way he is metz.

I agree. All 3 of those guys were good posters. tsuegnekillib was a great poster and is a great guy. I wish they would all 3 come back and the board would be better if they did.

Now MB73, on the other hand, does bear a strong resemblance to adramos/Metz.

If so, then he has been posting under more than one alias concurrently, because MB73 has been around most of this season, if not longer. If I recall correctly, MB73 has been one of the Missouri Valley's champions. No, I think MB73 is someone much older, like a '73 grad.

I don't think tenthyear. That idiot was clearly not a SLU fan. Say what you will about Metz (he is a nut) but he is at least a SLU fan and he occasionally offered some worthwhile basketball posts. He's not the worst troll we've had on here. Now MB73, on the other hand, does bear a strong resemblance to adramos/Metz.

I agree with Ace. Metz does offer up some good points/posts. He obviously is a strong Bills supporter but many probably don't agree with some of his thoughts on the matter.

I personally enjoy reading most of his posts. At least he is a die hard that went (before he moved) to all of the games.

I agree with Ace. Metz does offer up some good points/posts. He obviously is a strong Bills supporter but many probably don't agree with some of his thoughts on the matter.

I personally enjoy reading most of his posts. At least he is a die hard that went (before he moved) to all of the games.

Again- don't think his public posts are the real problem so much as his private communication with the higher ups.

Again- don't think his public posts are the real problem so much as his private communication with the higher ups.

What do you mean by higher ups? How much higher up can you go than to communicate with Backhand?What private communication? Is this similar to private/innapropriate touches?

All joking aside, I'm curious....I think the guy does post some clever things on here.

Metz's problem is that he can't control himself for more than a few weeks. Then he goes insane and post threats to moderators and their families in between the racists posts. I have met the guy a few different times. It is shocking that he is the same guy that loses all self control on the board.