Metz

BIG BILL FAN

T and T was at least somewhat clever and never terribly offensive that I recall.

Agreed, among the Mizzou trolls, I found him somewhat entertaining. Much more intelligent than the likes of banned billiphan/postal and tenthyear.

Metz's problem is that he can't control himself for more than a few weeks. Then he goes insane and post threats to moderators and their families in between the racists posts. I have met the guy a few different times. It is shocking that he is the same guy that loses all self control on the board.

+1

His style on here is unmistakable. He's not MB73 or tenthyearsenior. I recognized adramos77 as him almost immediately. One way I always know is that he does make sure to use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar for the most part, and not a lot of people on message boards in general stress that stuff.

He's also the king of unrelated references, whether sports (particularly Yankees and Fighting Irish) or pop culture. He thinks he's hilarious, and occasionally does say something funny or worthwhile, but his hit-to-miss ratio is atrocious, so it's best to ignore the decent ones because that will just encourage him to unleash more uselessness in the hopes of striking upon something good again.

In person, he's a jovial handshake, chuckle, and pat-on-the-back kind of guy. That's all first impression surface stuff, though. The more you get to know, the less there is to like. And on the internet, he's just plain awful.

What do you mean by higher ups? How much higher up can you go than to communicate with Backhand?What private communication? Is this similar to private/innapropriate touches?

All joking aside, I'm curious....I think the guy does post some clever things on here.

I'm pretty sure Metz has attempted to get information on where steve lives, etc. Along with some fairly violent and aggressive profanity-laced emails.

If so, then he has been posting under more than one alias concurrently, because MB73 has been around most of this season, if not longer. If I recall correctly, MB73 has been one of the Missouri Valley's champions. No, I think MB73 is someone much older, like a '73 grad.

I thought it was a possibility based on his strong passion for the Valley, but it may not be. MB has some interesting stuff to say sometimes and clearly follows the program closely.

I'm pretty sure Metz has attempted to get information on where steve lives, etc. Along with some fairly violent and aggressive profanity-laced emails.

(For the uninitiated, cheesycow is an old high-school or college buddy of Steve's — his first post on billikens.com was a joke against him. I say that to demonstrate that he knows what he's talking about.) Like I said, the guy seems to be a sociopath. A year ago, or so, I posted sincerely that Metz (whatever alias he had then) needed to seek counseling. He then sent me a sincere and revealing (i.e., telling) personal message. He still needs it. None of us is without fault, but he might be more dangerous than most of us. Situations like Columbine, Virginia Tech, or this recent IRS kamikaze attack don't result from just one day or night.

I could care less if Metz is here or not. I don't get offended by his posts, but i know some do. In all honesty though, I think Steve should watch himself. This guy is a college graduate and presumably a member of the workforce. It is not healthy and/or normal to take this vendetta across the web onto multiple sites. And he's not even flaming. He's using his real credentials and stating his true feelings. The guy has some MAJOR issues.

I haven't been a member for very long, so I'm not pretending to know the whole story, but it seems to me that airing your dirty laundry with billikens.com on an A-10 forum is a little ridiculous....adding in the context of tomorrow's HUGE xavier game, and it's downright stupid! (whether you like the guy or not)

Talk about drawing attention away from a 6 game winning streak and a super-important upcoming game!

I could care less if Metz is here or not. I don't get offended by his posts, but i know some do. In all honesty though, I think Steve should watch himself. This guy is a college graduate and presumably a member of the workforce. It is not healthy and/or normal to take this vendetta across the web onto multiple sites. And he's not even flaming. He's using his real credentials and stating his true feelings. The guy has some MAJOR issues.

As someone who knew him at SLU for four years (he met a close friend of mine in summer school before starting SLU, and wound up hanging out with some of my friends off and on in college), I agree with you guys. He does need help. I've only seen him in person a few times since graduating, mostly just a chance encounter at a bar here and there. The weird internet persona has gotten out of control. I could also share a number of other anecdotes, though I won't here, about stuff he has done during and after college- nothing particularly illegal, but taken as a whole shows some troubling patterns. I also had to un-friend him on Facebook about a year and a half ago. I just couldn't take it anymore.

He's not on here for many reasons, including his personal and malicious vendetta against Steve, having offended many of the longest-running and best posters and even moderators in a lot of ways, including repeated racist remarks, over-the-limits written personal attacks against players, and numerous other things. I used to agree with a few others that he was entertaining and harmless but he trounced both of those years ago.

To this, he would say that it's because I'm an uber-sensitive PC liberal, or that I have no sense of humor, or something along those lines (none of these are true), but I have a lot of other friends who know him and all agree with me that he's gone beyond the boundaries of bad taste and needs some help. In fact, last time I wrote something in disagreement on here with him, one of my buddies told me he made a picture of the two of us from several years ago his Facebook profile picture. Creep.

The fact that I confused you with Metz says more about you than me pal.......

rich, i think you are mistaking his passion for defending rickma and the mvc for something negative. while i dont agree with those points of view, i can see mb thinks only for what he thinks is best for saint louis university.

with metz, it is more about feeding the metz ego. too often metz would resort to personal attacks and considering how intense some of mb's debates with others that didnt like the mvc or rickma would get, he never resorted to personal attacks that i can remember.

no mb is a great billiken fan. metz is a metz fan.

btw, metz has apparently already been censored at the a-10 board. his opening monologue has been toned down to nothing.

As someone who knew him at SLU for four years (he met a close friend of mine in summer school before starting SLU, and wound up hanging out with some of my friends off and on in college), I agree with you guys. He does need help. I've only seen him in person a few times since graduating, mostly just a chance encounter at a bar here and there. The weird internet persona has gotten out of control. I could also share a number of other anecdotes, though I won't here, about stuff he has done during and after college- nothing particularly illegal, but taken as a whole shows some troubling patterns. I also had to un-friend him on Facebook about a year and a half ago. I just couldn't take it anymore.

He's not on here for many reasons, including his personal and malicious vendetta against Steve, having offended many of the longest-running and best posters and even moderators in a lot of ways, including repeated racist remarks, over-the-limits written personal attacks against players, and numerous other things. I used to agree with a few others that he was entertaining and harmless but he trounced both of those years ago.

To this, he would say that it's because I'm an uber-sensitive PC liberal, or that I have no sense of humor, or something along those lines (none of these are true), but I have a lot of other friends who know him and all agree with me that he's gone beyond the boundaries of bad taste and needs some help. In fact, last time I wrote something in disagreement on here with him, one of my buddies told me he made a picture of the two of us from several years ago his Facebook profile picture. Creep.

I just got back here from the A-10 forum. When I opened up that site, I had a PM from Metz waiting for me. Poor guy! He's just a bit misunderstood (half-sarcasm). I responded to him, trying to counsel him that if he wants to have friends, he's got to avoid going outside of what those people find tolerable. He may just be sociopathic — especially in cyberspace.

Can we lock this thread? Nothing good will come of it and it is best we just drop it.

Done.