rick on with frank at 11

Cowboy

Love this quote from Cockstrong in today's Timmerman's article. "We were like those dogs in 'Cool Hand Luke,' sitting there with our tongues hanging out. The guys showed the heart of a racehorse tonight." Another new moniker!

SLU mens bball team = "Tongue hanging hound dogs"

Love this quote from Cockstrong in today's Timmerman's article. "We were like those dogs in 'Cool Hand Luke,' sitting there with our tongues hanging out. The guys showed the heart of a racehorse tonight." Another new moniker!

SLU mens bball team = "Tongue hanging hound dogs"

I must say I am very excited about the Cockstrong name. Now with Uncle Brad we had UB, but will this be CS? We already have Christian for that. C$? Also, will Cockstrong signs be allowed at the games? Shirts?

I must say I am very excited about the Cockstrong name. Now with Uncle Brad we had UB, but will this be CS? We already have Christian for that. C$? Also, will Cockstrong signs be allowed at the games? Shirts?

Imagine a very muscular rooster with RMs face.

I have seen that on a couple boards. When and how did that nickname originate?

Been in meetings the past few hours. Any chance somebody would want to provide a recap?

Did not hear it all but will recap what I heard /remember. Frank tried to make a segway about Don Coryell, having close football games and he was to slow Majerus swatted it away and made a dash for the baseline with name dropping of Childress (Chili ) who helped him recruit a kid to UTAH who did not fit and transferred to a run and gun school like Mizzou not that there is anything wrong with run and gun. However, he did mention that Chili will help him within the rules of what is allowed by NCAA rules, recruit a kid who is up in Minnesota that they are trying to recruit........

Frank commented Cassity was the best player on the floor, Risk went on to say he is really becoming a great player, he is now aggressive in spots, and needs to learn to be aggressive the whole time on the court. He commented that Mitchell did not play well last night, and he will need to bounce back against UMASS, as he will be gaurding their leading scorer. Willi is improving and needs to fight through fatigue, but he is proud of his work on the academic side. Willi scheduled a 10:30 to midnight tutoring session after one of the home games recently......

RM thinks Kyle Cassity will be SLU next Academic all american.....

Ellis is the best shooter but is out of shape, does not have the endurance that Kyle Cassity or Kwamain does.

KM and KC remind him of the andre miller he new as a freshman, and while he remembers the player that left UTAH more than the one that came in he said the do not have any fear on the court. Cassity is not afraid but is unselfish to a fault.

Frank tried to get him to talk about post season chances and he refused, saying he is a game at a time guy and UMASS is what he would like to talk about.

Frank asked him what would he have said in the beginning of the season if he told him the team would be 8-3 after eleven conference games, RM said he would drug test him.......

that is when I had to strat being useful and did not here the rest

I have seen that on a couple boards. When and how did that nickname originate?

Somebody posted a quote from the A10 board where a poster referred maybe to the SLU team in general regarding the way they are playing now as Cockstrong. But there is a fun story floating around that Rick whipped his ###### out in front of the players and said, "Now there is a white man's 10 inch ######" (or words to that effect). Thus, it fits Rick. He's Cockstrong.

It could be the posters on the A10 board know about this story as well and made the same association.

Somebody posted a quote from the A10 board where a poster referred maybe to the SLU team in general regarding the way they are playing now as Cockstrong. But there is a fun story floating around that Rick whipped his ###### out in front of the players and said, "Now there is a white man's 10 inch ######" (or words to that effect). Thus, it fits Rick. He's Cockstrong.

It could be the posters on the A10 board know about this story as well and made the same association.

No, he did it at Utah to show how close he wanted the players to defend - it was much closer then 10 inches.

Been in meetings the past few hours. Any chance somebody would want to provide a recap?

RM had glowing things to say about the Chicago kids. He thinks Evans will be the very athletic, cerebral, rebounder that will match well against the kind of player that currently gives us problems. Also, Frank asked him about current recruiting and he stated they are looking at a JUCO, a couple of HS kids and a couple of foreign kids. RM stated that there aren't a lot of irons in the fire but the ones that are there are hot.

RM had glowing things to say about the Chicago kids. He thinks Evans will be the very athletic, cerebral, rebounder that will match well against the kind of player that currently gives us problems. Also, Frank asked him about current recruiting and he stated they are looking at a JUCO, a couple of HS kids and a couple of foreign kids. RM stated that there aren't a lot of irons in the fire but the ones that are there are hot.

GREAT to hear we are trying to recruit Chicago. So much talent up here...

This has been a great interview. Very enjoyable stuff.

Agreed, this was a great interview. Coach seemed relaxed, focused, informative and funny as they covered a lot of ground. Here is what I remember and will try not to repeat too much of what was said previously

- He praised the students, fans and band. He feels like their support will be rewarded in the near future with some good times. He seems very optimistic about the future.

- He said Al Jensen was his favorite player, although not to disappoint he did work in a little bit of Andre Miller.

- I'm sure some would agree, he said, "I know I like to romanticize some of my former players."

- He thought Kwamain and Kyle could be in that group of kids he really loves to coach by the time their careers wrap up.

- He reminded people that Kyle had an offer from Michigan and Penn State and ohers from big conference began to really show an interest in him at the time we signed him. In other words, Kyle is a legit talent.

- He praised the Lisch family again.

- He seems to really like the future of both Cory and Smith. Said that if all breaks right, they may still go ahead and redshirt Cory next year. Said Cory is a great student and has done a nice job adjusting for an 18 year old kid from Texas, who has come up here to get yelled at by an "old fat guy"

- He made a Big Lebowski reference when talking about Don Haskins. :lol:

- He's proud of Willie in the classroom and praised the SLU academic support staff.

- He called McCall the best player in the Chicago Public High League and apparently his team is playing for the Public league championship tonight.

- He said the addition of Evans to go along with Jon Smith, will really help them match-up with those athletic 3s that seem to give us problems.

- Next year with McCall, they would like to look to run a lot more and score more quickly.

- Also mentioned that they may break out some 2-3 zone next year and that Porter would be in charge of that. He didn't say this, but maybe this could mean playing Loe, Willie and Cody at the same time.

- He took some of the blame for the poor free throw shooting. Maybe they haven't spent enough time on it, but also says the guys need to learn how to hit them when they get fatigued. They need more mental toughness. He plans to set up an extra hoop, so they can get more reps in practice.

- He said they are looking to add one more player. Mentioned a high schooler, a couple of foreign players and one juco and said they were all HOT leads.

- He praised the academics at SLU.

- He said Jim Crews is one of the best xs and os coaches he knows. You got the idea that if an opening came up on his staff, he would make a run at Crews.

- He said that he did a luge run when he was at Utah. Needless to say, he said that the site of him in luge tights was "not pretty" :P

No, he did it at Utah to show how close he wanted the players to defend - it was much closer then 10 inches.

Picking nits cheese. I said his "players". Does not mean slu players. He said guard as close as a white mans pnis. Then pulled down his own pants to show them the size. I thought I read 10". It was in the Riverfront Times, wasn't it?

Picking nits cheese. I said his "players". Does not mean slu players. He said guard as close as a white mans pnis. Then pulled down his own pants to show them the size. I thought I read 10". It was in the Riverfront Times, wasn't it?

It was six inches, and I don't think race was mentioned. He said that he wanted the player to be six inches away and that six inches is the length of the average man's p3nis and he whipped his out for visual reference.

Most of you may find my next comments uncharacteristic, but I find it rather telling that Coach Majerus would do that. (You may want to wait until you're not eating and haven't eaten in the last 30 minutes or so before reading what comes next.)

Hey, the length of the average penis might be six inches, but that's when it's ere©t, and it's usually smaller when flaccid. I guess Cockstrong gets a lot of pleasure out of coaching basketball practice!