The Guy Phillips Drinking Game

AB34

One drink at the beginning of the game when he asks everyone to "please rise and remove your caps for the national anthem" when more than half of the arena is already standing and facing the flag.

Two drinks for each time he says "Billiken Defense"

Three drinks for each "Correction"

Four drinks for each time he interjects during a media timeout skit (i.e., making fun of the Shot for Cash contestant)

Five drinks each time he rambles and prohibits the band from playing during timeouts

Six drinks each time he talks after a free throw shooter is handed the ball

Seven drinks for each time he gets a player's name wrong: "Kyle Smith" or "Justin Johnson"

Chug one beer each time he mistakenly announces someone is entering the game when, in fact, the player hasn't (this happened with Jordan tonight).

Did I miss any other annoying habits?

One drink at the beginning of the game when he asks everyone to "please rise and remove your caps for the national anthem" when more than half of the arena is already standing and facing the flag.

Two drinks for each time he says "Billiken Defense"

Three drinks for each "Correction"

Four drinks for each time he interjects during a media timeout skit (i.e., making fun of the Shot for Cash contestant)

Five drinks each time he rambles and prohibits the band from playing during timeouts

Six drinks each time he talks after a free throw shooter is handed the ball

Seven drinks for each time he gets a player's name wrong: "Kyle Smith" or "Justin Johnson"

Chug one beer each time he mistakenly announces someone is entering the game when, in fact, the player hasn't (this happened with Jordan tonight).

Did I miss any other annoying habits?

This game is likely to cause severe liver damage with the possible result of death. Guy makes far too many mistakes to drink each time one occurs.

This game is likely to cause severe liver damage with the possible result of death. Guy makes far too many mistakes to drink each time one occurs.

That's what I was thinking....dead bodies all over Chaifetz. Maybe that would at least prompt SLU to get someone new?

How about "WOW, folks, that's not your father's dance team..." when the HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS finished performing. I like to creep on chicks but not on high school ones and certainly not in front of thousands of people. You continue to amaze, Guy Phillips.

How about "WOW, folks, that's not your father's dance team..." when the HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS finished performing. I like to creep on chicks but not on high school ones and certainly not in front of thousands of people. You continue to amaze, Guy Phillips.

And my father was never on a dance team to begin with. Papa Box would never be caught wearing spandex.

There was a guy who did all the baseball and softball games when i was in grad school (02-05) that was pretty good, although I think most of those guys are unpaid or work-study people.

What is SLU's relationship with this Guy guy anyway? Sometimes it's tough to cut your Ray Clay's, but you gotta move on like the Chicago Bulls did. Ray Clay was synonymous with those 90s Bulls teams, but just couldn't sustain that energy through the lackluster years post-Jordan/Pippen/Longley.

There was a guy who did all the baseball and softball games when i was in grad school (02-05) that was pretty good, although I think most of those guys are unpaid or work-study people.

What is SLU's relationship with this Guy guy anyway? Sometimes it's tough to cut your Ray Clay's, but you gotta move on like the Chicago Bulls did. Ray Clay was synonymous with those 90s Bulls teams, but just couldn't sustain that energy through the lackluster years post-Jordan/Pippen/Longley.

Last week this issue came up also (as it does after every home basketball game) and someone who seemed knowledgeable (obviously not clock tower) said one of the boosters is a big Guy Phillips supporter and that was one of the main reasons he's still around....

How dare you bring up the name Ray Clay in regards to Guy Phillips. Ray Clay was a saint and the best PA guy in the business. Guy Phillips is a jooooooke in his night job and day job.

But isn't it one of the pasta house people that has a hardon for Guy and won't let the U give him the boot? I never went to the Pasta House for that reason, so I hope it is the truth. Oh and because their food sucked.

How dare you bring up the name Ray Clay in regards to Guy Phillips. Ray Clay was a saint and the best PA guy in the business. Guy Phillips is a jooooooke in his night job and day job.

But isn't it one of the pasta house people that has a hardon for Guy and won't let the U give him the boot? I never went to the Pasta House for that reason, so I hope it is the truth. Oh and because their food sucked.

so it's J. Kim Tucci once again...

Boosters always seem to have programs by the balls. They come from money, so you immediately are attracted and attached to them because of their wealth, only to see them become massive jerks right before your eyes. I don't know much about Tucci, other than I always thought he was a woman.

In any event, I'm sorry for the poor analogy of Guy and Ray Clay. I think Paul Herzog of Bradley might be another PA guy who has worn out his welcome. As an MVC intern back in the late 90s, he was one of the weirdest folks I encountered during the Arch Madness. I've never once heard Doug Elgin or Jack Watkins or Joe Mitch or any of those guys say a mean thing about anyone until Herzog walked in the room.

Boosters always seem to have programs by the balls. They come from money, so you immediately are attracted and attached to them because of their wealth, only to see them become massive jerks right before your eyes. I don't know much about Tucci, other than I always thought he was a woman.

In any event, I'm sorry for the poor analogy of Guy and Ray Clay. I think Paul Herzog of Bradley might be another PA guy who has worn out his welcome. As an MVC intern back in the late 90s, he was one of the weirdest folks I encountered during the Arch Madness. I've never once heard Doug Elgin or Jack Watkins or Joe Mitch or any of those guys say a mean thing about anyone until Herzog walked in the room.

I don't know Kim Tucci, but I know he has been a huge Billiken supporter for a long time. I don't know why anyone would want to trash him.

I don't know Kim Tucci, but I know he has been a huge Billiken supporter for a long time. I don't know why anyone would want to trash him.

kim tucci is a wonderful booster imo. i had the opportunity to talk to him at a couple of conference tourney's back in the day of cusa and really was a great conversation. he has faithfully supported the billikens through different AD's and different coaches. cant ask for much more. and for that kim deserves attention imo.

that said, come on Kim, give us a break on phillips. please.

I think that guy was Metz.

Whoever he was, he was good. In the grand scheme of college baseball and softball (especially at SLU), you tend to remember things like that because the games weren't really that good and the teams weren't that impressive, no offense to anyone who suited up for the Baseball Bills.

Whoever he was, he was good. In the grand scheme of college baseball and softball (especially at SLU), you tend to remember things like that because the games weren't really that good and the teams weren't that impressive, no offense to anyone who suited up for the Baseball Bills.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAH Just thought of one.

Now Paul Herzog is a guy that could be worse than Guy. Imagine this ok...bradley had a halftime give away of make 2 halfcourt shots in a row, win a new car. Well the fella shooting gets up and nails the first one. Herzog goes nuts and says you just won a car you just won a car. Well the guy didn't, but the crowd went nuts because they believed the idiot on the PA. So the guy ended up getting like a 1 year lease on the car. What a jackoff. I don't think Guy has done anything that bad, yet. And Herzog is a douchebag too. That doesn't help.

Now Paul Herzog is a guy that could be worse than Guy. Imagine this ok...bradley had a halftime give away of make 2 halfcourt shots in a row, win a new car. Well the fella shooting gets up and nails the first one. Herzog goes nuts and says you just won a car you just won a car. Well the guy didn't, but the crowd went nuts because they believed the idiot on the PA. So the guy ended up getting like a 1 year lease on the car. What a jackoff. I don't think Guy has done anything that bad, yet. And Herzog is a douchebag too. That doesn't help.

HAHAHA No WAY! That is priceless. It was probably a Saturn or something.

For sure. I actually found an '03 media guide while I was cleaning an old desk out the other day. Those games with Tulane, Houston, So Miss and TCU must have been rough. South Florida wasn't too bad.

They definitely had some players in that league. There are a good handful that have played or playing in the majors.