• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw Baylor-Colorado

Relphorde is averaging about 11 a game

wow!

I am really happy for him. He definitely had talent; glad to see it is being utilized. Hopefully, it will lead to good things for him down the road.

For sure, Brad's best recruit after TL and KL. If Brad were still here, Relphorde would be facing triple teams every nite and averaging 6ppg and 12 to's. He's moved on and so should we.

I am not sitting around wondering "what if"....but I am happy for the guy...and I am also happy with our squad and our bright future.

There was really no need for a mean-spirited response.....

For sure, Brad's best recruit after TL and KL. If Brad were still here, Relphorde would be facing triple teams every nite and averaging 6ppg and 12 to's. He's moved on and so should we.

that is the wrong way to look at it. soderberg's gone. but relephorde didnt have to be. if rickma would have played him at a wing spot like he should have, relephorde would still be here filling a huge hole we have on our team now. we do not have an effective third scorer and we definitely dont have a credible 3. relephorde would have been perfect for that spot and given this team a huge lift. but it was more important to get "his team" and only "his team" asap.

that is the wrong way to look at it. soderberg's gone. but relephorde didnt have to be. if rickma would have played him at a wing spot like he should have, relephorde would still be here filling a huge hole we have on our team now. we do not have an effective third scorer and we definitely dont have a credible 3. relephorde would have been perfect for that spot and given this team a huge lift. but it was more important to get "his team" and only "his team" asap.

You know what they say, Hindsight is always...

Let it go, Roy. I think the best way to look at it is that Marcus is probably in a better place to utilize his skills. At this time I think it is appropriate to look forward, not rehash old grievances. Festivus was last month.

I'm happy for Relphorde as well. And you're right there was no need for a "mean spirited" response. But we on this board have a way of bringing up ex players who've moved on and you have to wonder why. They're gone. They don't play for SLU. If some are interested in following their careers, good. One gets the feeling the reason it's posted is to kind of back hand RM for running off a guy who could've helped. I have no idea why RM didn't like Relphorde. He was obviously one of the better more athletic guys he inherited that first year. Kudos to UB for getting him to SLU, but something didn't click between MR and RM. Would he have helped us this year, yeah, no question, but he now plays for Coloradao and is enjoying success. Glad for him, but we shouldn't be dwelling on what might've been. MR could become the new Ahern, let's not let it happen.

Hey ... Kramer threw a big deuce down on Kent State in 12 minutes of playing time last night.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Relphorde started last night according to the box score and played 34 minutes. Good for him. He was listed at CENTER. I thought his issue (don't need a rehash here but I'm mentioning it) was that he wanted to roam the wing and hoist bombs away. Unelss the Colorado offense is like the old Louisville one, where positions don't matter when everyone is 6'5" to 6'7", plying center seems a tad odd.

But still, good for him.

I was anticipating a post like this from you. Did you even check to see if Marcus is playing small forward right now? At the start of the year they had him at pf. My understanding is that rm wanted Marcus to stay but made it clear he would not be camping out on the wing shooting threes. I'm guessingthe Colorado coach said the same thing if he is playing pf.

Funny that you were the first one to back sodie when ahern was stripping threes in the NBA, Matt shaw an falker were playing in the NCAA tourney, etc. But if rm misses something you jump all over him. Would Josh harrelson have helped the past few years or are you still going to defer to sodie on that one?

We don't have an effective third scorer? How about Cody Ellis or Willie reed? We don't have a credible wing? How about Cody? Again this all assumes that Marcus can play the three, which we don't know yet since u didn't even bother to check his position before ripping our coach. If he's playing down low (which I suspect is the case) then whose minutes does he take?

I was anticipating a post like this from you. Did you even check to see if Marcus is playing small forward right now? At the start of the year they had him at pf. My understanding is that rm wanted Marcus to stay but made it clear he would not be camping out on the wing shooting threes. I'm guessingthe Colorado coach said the same thing if he is playing pf.

Funny that you were the first one to back sodie when ahern was stripping threes in the NBA, Matt shaw an falker were playing in the NCAA tourney, etc. But if rm misses something you jump all over him. Would Josh harrelson have helped the past few years or are you still going to defer to sodie on that one?

If Sodie were still here, we might have a decent 3 in Relphorde and the rest of the lineup would be something like Knollmeyer at center, Anthony Mitchell at power forward, Dustin Maguire at shooting guard and no point guard or bench, because that's what we typically got with Sodie teams. Wow, fun times. :blink:

We don't have an effective third scorer? How about Cody Ellis or Willie reed? We don't have a credible wing? How about Cody? Again this all assumes that Marcus can play the three, which we don't know yet since u didn't even bother to check his position before ripping our coach. If he's playing down low (which I suspect is the case) then whose minutes does he take?

our established scorers are reed and mitchell. excuse me if i wait until cody has a track record. he had a good game saturday.

what leads you to believe relphorde would be a credible third scorer playing the wing if he still is not playing wing? you are willing to speculate that he would but are not willing to assume cody will be our third leading scorer?

our established scorers are reed and mitchell. excuse me if i wait until cody has a track record. he had a good game saturday.

per the most recent boxscore of colorado, relephorde is listed as a guard, and he shot the most threes on the team in that game.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...tclid=204868407

he also has the most three point attempts for the season for the buffs.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/664912.p...p;DB_OEM_ID=600

sorry, doesnt look like he is playing inside for colorado to me.

If Sodie were still here, we might have a decent 3 in Relphorde and the rest of the lineup would be something like Knollmeyer at center, Anthony Mitchell at power forward, Dustin Maguire at shooting guard and no point guard or bench, because that's what we typically got with Sodie teams. Wow, fun times. ;)

why are you making this about soderberg. he is gone. relephorde was a player for majerus and majerus only.

why are you making this about soderberg. he is gone. relephorde was a player for majerus and majerus only.

Soderbergh recruited Relphorde and Majerus inherited him. Easy enough.

Personally, I am happy for Relphorde and glad he is succeeding at Colorado. However, I prefer the way this team is shaping up currently. As Relphorde is playing the 4-5 in Colorado, he would be eating into BC's, WR's and now, CE's minutes. Also, JS and CR would get absolutely no playing time. As it is set currently, all of these players are better for Relphorde not being here. No knock against Relphorde, that is just the way it played out, and I think both parties are better for it.

Roy, I've never seen you so broken up about a player getting away. As Irvin pointed out, why didn't you get bent out of shape about the previous coach not getting Ahearn? He wound up playing in the NBA and he wanted to play at SLU!

what leads you to believe relphorde would be a credible third scorer playing the wing if he still is not playing wing? you are willing to speculate that he would but are not willing to assume cody will be our third leading scorer?

I don't think Marcus is playing the 5. In a Ralphie report article they call him a guard, and in the comments someone talks about their bigs and doesn't mention Marcus.

I don't think there will end up being much doubt RM misjudged this, but doesn't every coach. No one has a 100% track record. There may also be more to it than we know. I'm happy for Marcus and was really looking forward to him being a Bill, but he's gone and the Bills have the best young roster I can remember, so all in all, I can't complain.

Apparently, Roy thinks Majerus owed Marcus the chance to play the position he wanted. Coaches are supposed to cater to the players instead of players doing what's best for the team, which last year might have meant playing down low. He would not have played on the wing last year with Tommie still here. This year would have been his first year to get minutes on the wing and now that Cody's here he probably wouldn't get that time anymore.

Shaw, Ahern, Falker, Harrelson, and the SIU guard from McCluer whose name I can't remember. The list goes on and on with players who went elsewhere who Roy didn't hold the coach accountable for and now he's harping about Marcus Relphorde of all people.

Roy, I've never seen you so broken up about a player getting away. As Irvin pointed out, why didn't you get bent out of shape about the previous coach not getting Ahearn? He wound up playing in the NBA and he wanted to play at SLU!