Props to SLU on the Build-A-Bear Billiken promotion

davidnark

It was a good job.

But..........I took my buddy and his 6 year old son who got one. We left his 3 year old daughter at home and tried to get one for her and got shot down.\

Not complaining because I thought it was a good idea, just wish we could of got another

It was a good job.

But..........I took my buddy and his 6 year old son who got one. We left his 3 year old daughter at home and tried to get one for her and got shot down.\

Not complaining because I thought it was a good idea, just wish we could of got another

They're giving away 500 more at the women's game tomorrow afternoon, if you can make it. You should have free tix to one woman's game in your season ticket package.

Guest BillikenReport

It was a great promotion, but SLU did mess it up.

There were radio commercials on 101.1 with Bob Ramsey, but there was nothing on the official website until the SID office put out a press release a few days before.

I know this because I tried to find more information several times about it and wasn't able to.

If you go to SLU's website and check out the Gameday promotions section ... there is nothing. There are links for promotions for the fall sports teams, but nothing to do with the basketball teams.

http://www.slubillikens.com/trads/game-day-promotions.html

It should have been a better promotion and could have brought in more fans, but it looks like the marketing department dropped the ball. Great promotion but if the only way the school promoted it was by a few radio spots, they failed to capitalize on it as effectively as they might have.

There were radio commercials on 101.1 with Bob Ramsey, but there was nothing on the official website until the SID office put out a press release a few days before.

I know this because I tried to find more information several times about it and wasn't able to.

If you go to SLU's website and check out the Gameday promotions section ... there is nothing. There are links for promotions for the fall sports teams, but nothing to do with the basketball teams.

It should have been a better promotion and could have brought in more fans, but it looks like the marketing department dropped the ball. Great promotion but if the only way the school promoted it was by a few radio spots, they failed to capitalize on it as effectively as they might have.

Glad to see a sponsorship/association with major local company.

Click on the Corporate Sponsorship page on the website. Kosha must be telecommuting from Atlanta because he is still listed as a member of the Billiken Sports Marketing Staff

http://www.slubillikens.com/trads/corporate-sponsors.html

Honestly, I saw something from SLU about it some time ago - I did not pay much attention to it because I am no longer 13 or under. I am not saying that it was not on the promotion page but that they did send something out about it.

Guest BillikenReport

Honestly, I saw something from SLU about it some time ago - I did not pay much attention to it because I am no longer 13 or under. I am not saying that it was not on the promotion page but that they did send something out about it.

Could be, but I'm saying that I, with a young child who would be interested in such a promotion, wasn't able to find details about the promotion from the school's web site after hearing about it for a few seconds on a radio commercial.

If you want to put people in the seats, you need to make sure people know about it.

I had to exchange text messages with the school's women's basketball coach to find out details of the promotion. That shouldn't have to be the case.

I had no idea there was a promotion tonight, but my three kids had big, big smiles on their faces tonight when they were handed their very own stuffed Billikens as we walked in to the arena. It was really nice.

The woman in front of me got in with media credentials from UMKC and had her 5-6 yr old son with her; she couldn't talk them out of one because she didn't have a ticket...I have 3 grandaughters and a grandson - I couldn't pry one loose either - what do those things cost? I would have paid $5@ just for the cuteness factor and an attempt to start my grandkids on the Billiken wagon.

I can't bring them to the games because their parents object to the language I use...

I can't bring them to the games because their parents object to the language I use...

God bless a good Jesuit education. (Or is it God damn a good Jesuit education? It's been so long.)

They seemed to have a ton left over. I think they would have done better to distribute them after the game than to save them for the women's game, but that's a judgment call.

All of you who endorsed this promotion will be glad to know you've supported the indoctrination of children into the Cult of Global Warming. B)

??? :blink: ???

The woman in front of me got in with media credentials from UMKC and had her 5-6 yr old son with her; she couldn't talk them out of one because she didn't have a ticket...I have 3 grandaughters and a grandson - I couldn't pry one loose either - what do those things cost? I would have paid $5@ just for the cuteness factor and an attempt to start my grandkids on the Billiken wagon.

What are they?! A bunch of cotton-headed ninny-muggins?!?

I was a little disappointed in that this was the first game my three-year old has missed, but they could not give me one for him even though I had his ticket. I do understand, however, that if they opened that box the whole arena would want to pick one up for their "three-year old who couldn't be there."

You should get new kids.

God bless a good Jesuit education. (Or is it God damn a good Jesuit education? It's been so long.)

They seemed to have a ton left over. I think they would have done better to distribute them after the game than to save them for the women's game, but that's a judgment call.

I'd be willing to wager that if there are a ton left over they'll be available for sale in the merchandise store in the near future...or tossed out during ball toss promotions.

I'd be willing to wager that if there are a ton left over they'll be available for sale in the merchandise store in the near future...or tossed out during ball toss promotions.

Good idea. I imagine they'll be offered exclusively to SMS students for $10 to make sure that they all sell out.

Could be, but I'm saying that I, with a young child who would be interested in such a promotion, wasn't able to find details about the promotion from the school's web site after hearing about it for a few seconds on a radio commercial.

If you want to put people in the seats, you need to make sure people know about it.

I had to exchange text messages with the school's women's basketball coach to find out details of the promotion. That shouldn't have to be the case.

Agreed

Just make sure they give a disproportionate share to the blonde gal near the left end on our side. You close-to-the-court sitters get so many more chances than we beyond-the-railing people do because about 90 percent of the cheerleaders can't throw more than ten rows. Now, that blonde kid, not only does she do all the hotshot gymnastics routines, but she's got a gun on her that can hit the upper deck.