SLU vs. SIU

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually graduated from SIUE and live in the Metro East, so try again.

well good, so you know that siu-e is all that siu-c wants to be.

Hahahaha. I like how showing a ComViz picture of what you'd look like if you tried to eat the underside of a running lawnmower is supposed to be a deterrent. When dem dope hos come runnin', you could have a catcher's mitt for a face and still get dat taaaaaaaaaang.

That just means police are trying harder in Missouri.

I agree with KSHOE the you care more argument is just dumb. I'm a fan I care about every game it really affects me when we lose. Need to win this game. I don't know much about SIUC but we should beat them every year. I do get tired of their "mug the guy with the ball" defensive scheme.

Having said that*, the only good part about Carbondale is that dude who sells bagels outside the bars late at night. Is he still there?

*did you guys see the episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" where Larry and Jerry discuss this phrase. Just classic.

Coined a new phrase Meth roll'd just great.

In the interest of interjecting actual basketball talk.

SIUC is now 3-1 all wins at home one against a non D1 team Indianapolis the other against Tenn-Martin and UIC. They lost on the road to Nevada.

They've had 7 days to prepare for SLU. Nevada is a good team having just beat 'Zona (triangle and too's team) on the road. So that is not a bad loss as SIUC played them within 9 pts. Overall I would say SLU is a little more tested at this point having played Nebraska, Notre Shame, Iowa St. and UGA. We lost almost all those games. This game is at home SLU hopefully will not replay the 1st half against UGA and they pull out a win in this game. SLU wins 68-62.

SIUC is now 3-1 all wins at home one against a non D1 team Indianapolis the other against Tenn-Martin and UIC. They lost on the road to Nevada.

They've had 7 days to prepare for SLU. Nevada is a good team having just beat 'Zona (triangle and too's team) on the road. So that is not a bad loss as SIUC played them within 9 pts. Overall I would say SLU is a little more tested at this point having played Nebraska, Notre Shame, Iowa St. and UGA. We lost almost all those games. This game is at home SLU hopefully will not replay the 1st half against UGA and they pull out a win in this game. SLU wins 68-62.

It's all about if Reed is healthy enough to play. If he does, we should win. If not, we're mighty thin up front.

Actually we lost to UNLV on the road, and we should have won the game, but we went 5-26 from 3 point (sound familiar?)

When precisely, was the last time SLU accomplished anything notable in college basketball ? And when was the last time SLU won in Carbondale ?

SLU leads the all-time series 25-24.

SLU last won in Carbondale in 1997, when Larry Hughes took over the game at crunch time.

The most dispositive factor in this series has been the venue.

Two of my most memorable in person Billiken games were against the Salukis:

1. In my freshman year in 1978, SLU beat SIU 74-71 at the old Arena, as freshman Willie Horne hit the big shot.

2. I was there in 1993 at the Arena, with over 17,000 fans in attendance, the first big crowd of the Spoonball Days, when they removed the gold drape-like covers from the seats in the rafters at the end to accomodate the crowd. That SLU team was on fire and SIU had no chance- SLU won 100-85.

Let's just hope the history of this series repeats itself on Saturday night- with the home team winning.