Meet the Coach

kevinfootes

According to slubillikens.com, there is an opportunity for students to meet RM and ask him questions tonight. It's supposed to be in the Gries lobby.

This is a good idea all around.

Well judging from all the alledged students that post on here and go to the games, there should be thousands there to see him tonight.

there was one in reinart earlier. about 50 students. id expect alot more just cause gries is in the middle of campus and alot of people walk in and out of that lobby

They need to advertise these better in my opinion. No email about it, just some fliers up around campus. SLU might be able to better advertise this on facebook and twitter also.

They need to advertise these better in my opinion. No email about it, just some fliers up around campus. SLU might be able to better advertise this on facebook and twitter also.

You mean like:

@SLU_Billikens: Hey SLU Students - Another chance to talk hoops with Rick Majerus tonight from 7-8 p.m. Gries Lobby. Free pizza and soda!

http://twitter.com/SLU_Billikens

there was one in reinart earlier. about 50 students. id expect alot more just cause gries is in the middle of campus and alot of people walk in and out of that lobby

Hahahaha after that first sentence, I thought you meant you saw ONE SLU basketball fan in reinert earlier. I was like WOAH! ASIMO! WE'RE GOING TO THE TOP NOW!!! Upon reading to completion however, your post is encouraging. Reinert kids are a weird lot and if those kids get interested in sports, then things are going well.

Reinert kids are a weird lot and if those kids get interested in sports, then things are going well.

Now if the athletic department can establish a beach head at Marguerite, then we'll know their message is getting through. Marguerite kids were freaky-deaky back in the day, and I'm sure they still are.

Hahahaha after that first sentence, I thought you meant you saw ONE SLU basketball fan in reinert earlier. I was like WOAH! ASIMO! WE'RE GOING TO THE TOP NOW!!! Upon reading to completion however, your post is encouraging. Reinert kids are a weird lot and if those kids get interested in sports, then things are going well.

These events are open to all students. not just the dorm residents. I'd say atleast half of the crowd was sophmores/juniors. No real way to tell how many freshmen or reinart kids there were. I just think alot more people are willing to walk to gries then reinart and some kids that were walking by in the reinart lobby stopped and listened so im sure more kids will stop by if it's in the gries lobby.

Now if the athletic department can establish a beach head at Marguerite, then we'll know their message is getting through. Marguerite kids were freaky-deaky back in the day, and I'm sure they still are.

Always loved those freaky-deaky marguerite girls. Where else could I have gone during easter break to eat doritos, watch Dazed and Confused on a loop and partake in other unmentionables which preceded such activities.

Always loved those freaky-deaky marguerite girls. Where else could I have gone during easter break to eat doritos, watch Dazed and Confused on a loop and partake in other unmentionables which preceded such activities.

If the girl you were leaving the bar with at the end of the night told you she lived in Marguerite, you knew you were in for a good evening. So I've heard.

I DON'T NEED TO HEAR THIS SHITE. My junior year I got kicked out of Grand Forest for being really, really awesome during a party at 10 in the morning and they made me move into a single in Marguerite on an all girls floor. Totally rad, right!? Wrong. I was hardcore dating this slag I thought I was going to marry at the time so I didn't even look at the other slags on that floor, let alone the entire building. Brings a tear to my eye that I could have been totally crushing untold numbers of drunk slampieces without even trying were it not for my monogamous, evildoing ways.

Live and learn, they say. This has been one of life's hardest lessons for me...

I DON'T NEED TO HEAR THIS SHITE. My junior year I got kicked out of Grand Forest for being really, really awesome during a party at 10 in the morning and they made me move into a single in Marguerite on an all girls floor. Totally rad, right!? Wrong. I was hardcore dating this slag I thought I was going to marry at the time so I didn't even look at the other slags on that floor, let alone the entire building. Brings a tear to my eye that I could have been totally crushing untold numbers of drunk slampieces without even trying were it not for my monogamous, evildoing ways.

Live and learn, they say. This has been one of life's hardest lessons for me...

I lived on a co-ed floor in Marguerite my freshman year and it was magic. We were a collection of the least similar people you could possibly put together and it worked perfectly- I was just in a wedding last year for the guy who lived next door to me and the girl across the hall. (This floor was like a slasher film with at least 8 different archetypes who would never end up in each other's company under any circumstances, yet for some reason spend a weekend in a cabin in the woods). We were fortunate to have an RA taking 21 hours because he had 3 majors and 2 minors at the time- not even kidding.

This floor had more booze than I've ever known college freshmen to acquire, more sex than our Catholic alma mater would ever acknowledge (in fact, one girl who stayed for about 2 months of the second semester may or may not have been a prostitute), more drugs than I've ever been exposted to before or since, parties that stretched down an entire hall (the 'suite' style in that dorm with the shared bathroom made 2-room parties easy because you never had to open the hallway door), and just an awesome, irreverent, open-minded, interesting group of people. We used to go 16 at a time to dinner at DeMatt next door while all the Greeks stared at us freaks.

And Jimbo, I share your pain. I was also hardcore dating some slag and my present self resents my 2001 self for not dropping her before that freshman fall semester started. It all worked out eventually, though, as my being on this floor was the beginning of the end of that.

I came back to Marguerite sophomore year but the uber-Christian guy in charge of the dorm did away with the co-ed floors and it was never the same. He had no clue what he was putting an end to, but if he did he would have changed it a lot sooner.

Ahh, you young'uns. In my day, not only was Lewis Hall co-ed, but it was both grad students and undergrads. And we had a bunch of guys living there who were students at the tech school across the street, whose name now escapes me. (Not to mention it was a former hotel, and for a while, we had a branch of The Pub in the basement that apparently only we knew about.)

we had a branch of The Pub in the basement that apparently only we knew about.)

well taj was involved. what would one expect.

Has it been shut down? I always liked their "Holy Ravioli" days. It might be the only place that I've ever had cheese toasted ravioli, served on Fridays, of course.

Yeah, it closed after the 2002-2003 school year, the last time I would have used it, anyway. I think it first reopened as a coffee shop and then a convenience store, and I'm not really sure if either or both of those lasted or what it is now.

Chicken tender Tuesdays were nice there, too. They didn't have it every Tuesday like Gries, but when they did it was nice. Always less crowded than Gries, too- makes me long for simpler times.

Yeah, it closed after the 2002-2003 school year, the last time I would have used it, anyway. I think it first reopened as a coffee shop and then a convenience store, and I'm not really sure if either or both of those lasted or what it is now.

Chicken tender Tuesdays were nice there, too. They didn't have it every Tuesday like Gries, but when they did it was nice. Always less crowded than Gries, too- makes me long for simpler times.

DeMatt was a convent when I went to SLU :unsure:

For some reason, I preferred Gries' dinosaur chicken nuggets (chicken nuggets cut in the shapes of various dinosaurs) to the regular nuggets. I'm pretty sure they tasted exactly the same.

I came back to Marguerite sophomore year but the uber-Christian guy in charge of the dorm did away with the co-ed floors and it was never the same. He had no clue what he was putting an end to, but if he did he would have changed it a lot sooner.

This is a MUCH better depiction of the Marguerite of today.