Meet the Coach

kevinfootes

For some reason, I preferred Gries' dinosaur chicken nuggets (chicken nuggets cut in the shapes of various dinosaurs) to the regular nuggets. I'm pretty sure they tasted exactly the same.

I don't remember ever seeing those. But I rarely ate up at Gries.

DeMatt was a convent when I went to SLU :unsure:

Yeah, that's what I had heard it used to be. I worked on the furniture crew for the Dept. of Housing for 2 summers during college (and got to live in Marguerite for free!), and we always enjoyed exploring DeMatt when there was work to be done there. It's got some crazy architecture. There's an old indoor pool in the basement that is now filled with old pillows and mattresses. There are a bunch of other weird rooms and tunnels down there, too. Then there's that bizarre chapel on the second floor, and it looks like it's been used for everything but traditional chapel uses. There are so many different room shapes and sizes in that building, especially on the lower floors. I'm sure the ghosts of some former nuns are haunting the Greeks on a regular basis in there.

This is a MUCH better depiction of the Marguerite of today.

Which is so, so disappointing. It's sad to see such a fun dorm for all the freaks and clowns on campus turn into a haven for holy rollers. They'll never have the stories I have about that place.

Seriously. I'd be interested in hearing how it went, what was discussed, etc.

I went for a few minutes. Basically heard the same jokes same material as the one at reinart.

-We'll play MIzzou Illini..basically all the upper schools anytime anywhere.

(Funny thing about the reinart one. Someone asked him what he would do if a lower tier team tried to play him(aka reverse situation of some of the teams were trying to play). He wouldn't - only playing Rockhurst outta favor for Biondi).

- He mentioned the cancun tournament. Also at Reinart mentioned how a Jesuit tournament will never happen.

- Talked alot about Andre Miller. I tend to not listen during this. I dont really care about it.

- It'll be a rough year. Just told everyone to support the guys. thinks everyone on the team is really approachable and really good people so theres no reason ont to suppport them while they're learning.

- Students tix should be free. One of his favorite jokes is about how the school really doesnt help you out if u get in a fight or jumped. but the second u park in the wrong spot they'll tow you and start rackin up the charges.

- The CE situation is terrible.

-Nothing about the new recruits really or Brad beal. Didn't say much at reinart either.

also any idea who else is in this cancun tournament?? I can only find past/current fields

Is the Cancun tournament going to be next season? If so, I doubt they'd have a field published this early; probably mid-late next summer sometime.

Thanks for the rundown, milwaukeebill- that's about what I expected the event to be like.

Is the Cancun tournament going to be next season? If so, I doubt they'd have a field published this early; probably mid-late next summer sometime.

Thanks for the rundown, milwaukeebill- that's about what I expected the event to be like.

This is not a done deal. RM spoke out of school. We MAY be in a tournament that ESPN puts on.

I went for a few minutes. Basically heard the same jokes same material as the one at reinart.

-We'll play MIzzou Illini..basically all the upper schools anytime anywhere.

(Funny thing about the reinart one. Someone asked him what he would do if a lower tier team tried to play him(aka reverse situation of some of the teams were trying to play). He wouldn't - only playing Rockhurst outta favor for Biondi).

- He mentioned the cancun tournament. Also at Reinart mentioned how a Jesuit tournament will never happen.

- Talked alot about Andre Miller. I tend to not listen during this. I dont really care about it.

- It'll be a rough year. Just told everyone to support the guys. thinks everyone on the team is really approachable and really good people so theres no reason ont to suppport them while they're learning.

- Students tix should be free. One of his favorite jokes is about how the school really doesnt help you out if u get in a fight or jumped. but the second u park in the wrong spot they'll tow you and start rackin up the charges.

- The CE situation is terrible.

-Nothing about the new recruits really or Brad beal. Didn't say much at reinart either.

Golly, who could have ever guessed that HC RM would have given a talk to 18-22 yr old SLU students and talked alot about Andre Miller? I am waiting for him to finally understand that WE DON'T GIVE A RATS @$$ ABOUT ANDRE MILLER OR K VAN HORN OR ANY OF HIS NBA COACHING BUDDIES. Even if some of us (Willie) for some reason enjoy these little trips down memory lane for the big man, I can assure RM that his SLU student audience has no idea who A. Miller is/was nor do they care about all Rick's great feats as the HC at Utah.

Rick it's 2009 and you are in St. Louis-that shouldn't be too hard to remember.

Golly, who could have ever guessed that HC RM would have given a talk to 18-22 yr old SLU students and talked alot about Andre Miller? I am waiting for him to finally understand that WE DON'T GIVE A RATS @$$ ABOUT ANDRE MILLER OR K VAN HORN OR ANY OF HIS NBA COACHING BUDDIES. Even if some of us (Willie) for some reason enjoy these little trips down memory lane for the big man, I can assure RM that his SLU student audience has no idea who A. Miller is/was nor do they care about all Rick's great feats as the HC at Utah.

Rick it's 2009 and you are in St. Louis-that shouldn't be too hard to remember.

Didnt you know we were all issued replica Andre Miller Trailblazers jerseys in our classes this year? Hes a hero to everyone on campus!