Season ticket ad in today's PD

bauman

when have i campaigned against the program? i might have voiced displeasure with coaching or lack of activity by the program or the quality of the activity, but not something to try to move up.

i would ask why on the premium seats we arent offering even more (i assume they still have to pay the same "mandatory gifts" depending on the location of the selected seats)? i.e. buy a premium loyal blue season ticket and eat at the fetz restaurant every game on the billikens for 25% off or something like that.

I know, I was just giving you ######. This is one of the few times that im somewhat happy with something the AD is doing.

I bought a 10 game pack($40per game) for the blues this year and right after I got the pack they offered the full season for $13.80 per game in order to sell the tickets. Was I a little mad? of course considering they were offering it in the same section I was in. But do I understand it? Yes. All sports teams do this in order to sell season that would normally go unused. I think its a good idea for SLU to attract new season ticket holders. If you are worried about 19 hotdogs then you really shouldnt be buying tickets.

AE03. Reread your own post. You make my point. You bought a min-season package as opposed to a full season package. Here, we bought full season tickets and that is the same which is being offered. While you're talking about the Blues, re-read Bauman's post where he mentions that the Blues gave the free food to ALL not just the new ticket buyers.

As for me, don't worry about my finances. I can certainly afford 19 hotdogs. Would I want to eat 19 hot dogs? - No, not really. :lol:

While you're at it, though, go ahead and include the sodas well as the hotdogs. Then, include both for each game of the season. Then, add that to each of the new season tickets bought. While you're doing the math, go ahead an add all of the other costs and you will find that SLU's costs (labor, etc.) are more than 75 cents for a hot dog.

Then, and most importantly, ask yourself why SLU is using Charter Cable for its model of customer service? The lack of me getting a hotdog and soda is not the point. The continued ill-thinking and poor strategies of the Athletic Department is my complaint. BTW, still waiting for my notices as a Billiken Club member.

Yesterday, mailings were botched. Today, new season ticket holders are favored. Can't wait for tomorrow. :rolleyes:

AE03. Reread your own post. You make my point. You bought a min-season package as opposed to a full season package. Here, we bought full season tickets and that is the same which is being offered. While you're talking about the Blues, re-read Bauman's post where he mentions that the Blues gave the free food to ALL not just the new ticket buyers.

As for me, don't worry about my finances. I can certainly afford 19 hotdogs. Would I want to eat 19 hot dogs? - No, not really. :lol:

While you're at it, though, go ahead and include the sodas well as the hotdogs. Then, include both for each game of the season. Then, add that to each of the new season tickets bought. While you're doing the math, go ahead an add all of the other costs and you will find that SLU's costs (labor, etc.) are more than 75 cents for a hot dog.

Then, and most importantly, ask yourself why SLU is using Charter Cable for its model of customer service? The lack of me getting a hotdog and soda is not the point. The continued ill-thinking and poor strategies of the Athletic Department is my complaint. BTW, still waiting for my notices as a Billiken Club member.

Yesterday, mailings were botched. Today, new season ticket holders are favored. Can't wait for tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I will give you a hot dog and a soda if you are that pissed about it. I am serious. PM before the first game and I will get you a hot dog and a soda.

To be fair, the cost to SLU for a 24 ounce soda is like 25 cents and the hot dog may cost 75 cents. So in grand total, SLU is offering about a $1 discount on its season tics in hopes of filling the last couple thousand seats. I really don't think I will sleep well tonight knowing how bad I was ripped off.

I do hope someone answers my serious question: given the choice between 3,000 empty seats or a packed house and the knowledge that 3,000 people got a free hot-dog which do you want?

You guys sound like the person that goes on a perfect vacation, is enjoying it, then overhears another table talking about the deal they got on orbitz for the same vacation, then are unhappy the rest of the trip because you feel you overpaid.

This is an outrage, Declan O'Neil better cook me up a hot dog before every Billiken game this year or I will raise hell.

Is this seriously a thread? Is this all sarcasm?

You don't get a free hot dog and soda because you're a real fan. You don't need some ###### hot dog and some watered down soda to come to the game. You come to support the team.

This is called marketing. Marketing draws in the common Joe St. Louis to see the games. The idea is that Joe STL decides to come, likes what he sees, turns into a real fan next year.

Further questions, please refer to the marketing department at The John Cook School of Business at The Saint Louis University.

Because SLU chosen to price every seat in the Chafeitz at $450, SLU has chosen to provide a discount for the seat other than money. Season tickets have been sold and tickets chosen based upon priority as determined by the point system. For those you have not read the ad, it says "Join Us For Dinner" and then reads Billiken Meal Deal and then states Limited Time Offer Includes: "One (1) general reserved season ticket", "choice of one (1) of the following: Nachos, Popcorn, Hot Dog, or Pretzel for each home game" and "one (1) 24 oz soda for each home game." Then, in the fine print, it says "Offer valid for new sales only."

Just to be clear, more than one (1) dog is being given out. More likely, it is 19 hot dogs and 19 sodas - per seat. Valued at $4 each, that would be $152 over a 19 game season - per ticket. If someone buys 2 tickets, that would be a $300 benefit for sitting only a few rows back -- only 6,000 of the 9,600 seats (1,000 student tickets) have apparently been sold.

In all seriousness, it is a bit odd to offer the same season ticket (2 months before the first game) and only 1 month after we all paid for our tickets. Did we get to select first? Of course, but that was because of the points we accrued. Unlike the other franchises or sports teams, usually special promotions are based upon mini-season sales, individual ticket sales and/or after the season has started. Unlike the other sports teams, this marketing and price structure appears to be more like Charter cable than the Blues.

THROW IN THE 10K FOR THE ANGIOPLASTY, ITS NOT SUCH A GOOD DEAL

To be fair, the cost to SLU for a 24 ounce soda is like 25 cents and the hot dog may cost 75 cents. So in grand total, SLU is offering about a $1 discount on its season tics in hopes of filling the last couple thousand seats. I really don't think I will sleep well tonight knowing how bad I was ripped off.

I do hope someone answers my serious question: given the choice between 3,000 empty seats or a packed house and the knowledge that 3,000 people got a free hot-dog which do you want?

You guys sound like the person that goes on a perfect vacation, is enjoying it, then overhears another table talking about the deal they got on orbitz for the same vacation, then are unhappy the rest of the trip because you feel you overpaid.

To be correct SLU's cost for a hot dog and Soda is about 30 cents combined. Add about 10 cents per item for labor and the cost is about 50 cents for 17 home games the cost is less than $10.

Bauman, I'm just giving you a hard time. I see your point, but I say let's get the house full and forget about it. Maybe they could and should do a couple of other promotions for season ticket or Billiken Club members only. Say ... a free Christmas Party.

As for me, don't worry about my finances. I can certainly afford 19 hotdogs. Would I want to eat 19 hot dogs? - No, not really. :)

Yesterday, mailings were botched. Today, new season ticket holders are favored. Can't wait for tomorrow. :)

Clock Tower - what I posted was that the mailings would go out either today or tomorrow and people should have the info sometime next week. I am not sure where you got that anything was botched as of yet.

Are you buying beer too? If so, how do I get in on the deal?

Brian. I'd rather have a good AD than a good hotdog. If we cannot have a good AD, then send the hotdogs and Budweisers (good suggestion Nark) to Section 101 Row N seats 4 and 5. On second thought, I doubt the Chaveitz hotdog will compare favorably with a good Chicago Dog, so surprise me with either a pretzel or nachos.

Just a question for the Ath. Dept. since I know they read this Board:

Why do people who purchase season tickets now for the same $450 price we all paid earlier, get food and a drink at all the games? What about the rest of us? It's not so much the food/drinks, but rather the principle involved. Why should long time STH and BC members get a lesser deal than Johnny-come-latelys?

It's STLHI's fault. :)

It's STLHI's fault. :)

these are nose bleed tickets that we would like to keep the Salukis, Illinois State travelers, or KY Wildcats out of; and I will guaranty the first year hot dogs will not be on par with Gus' Pretzel dogs

I digress, but another St. louis fixture for people who smuggle peanuts into the ballpark

Gus's Pretzels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gus' Pretzels is a pretzel bakery and snack counter in St. Louis, Missouri, United

States. It opened in 1920, located at 1820 Arsenal Street near the

rumor on the street was the new Busch had them sample and pitch them but knocked them off with look alikes-evidently the markup would have brought them in at about $20 apiece which is about the cost of a beer-maybe Chaifetz could get us real Gus' pretzels stuffed with your choice

hot dog,

Brat,

Italian Sausage

I don't even know anyone who works there but if you are near the Brewery you can find it. Unless IN Bev buys that, too.

I think these type of promotions are pretty common. Several years ago, my brother bought a partial season ticket package to the NY Islanders. He got a deal on parking and some concessions that full season tickets didn't get. If the concessions helps get people in the door then it is worth it. Hopefully you hook them and they become fans for life. Sounds like a good idea to me.

I think these type of promotions are pretty common. Several years ago, my brother bought a partial season ticket package to the NY Islanders. He got a deal on parking and some concessions that full season tickets didn't get. If the concessions helps get people in the door then it is worth it. Hopefully you hook them and they become fans for life. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Ace, how many SLU games will you attend this year? :blink: