soderberg on kfns at 11:30 am

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian, anything of note or interest from the interview to relay?

Not the part I heard of it. He talked about Kramer and his choice. He talked about missing the guys from the team. I was doing something at the time and wasn't able to give it my full attention.

they pretty much stayed away from Saint Louis University discussion. (i am glad. nothing good can come out of a rehash of such)

the majority of the conversation was about his new job as Athletic Director at Loras. He wants to be the Athletic Director that is a teamate to the coaches there to assist them not to spy on them or just be their boss. (my summary of his words, he didnt say that exactly but a lot longer.)

he is grateful for the opportunity.

talked about the fact he was indeed offered the detroit job, asked for more time to get Kramer there as well as he intended to take kramer with him if he took the job. said it just didnt feel 100% right and didnt want to take the position just as a job if it wasnt right for them as a family.

talked a lot about Kramer and the fact brad will be making the 8 hour drive as much as he can to watch games.

said his youngest (davis i think was the name) might be his best athlete but very young yet ( i am thinking he said he is like 7 or 8 now).

pretty much fluff, but i didnt expect him to come on the air swinging or hacking. too much of a class act to do such. good to hear he is in good spirits.

Hopefully Brad sounded upbeat about his new position. I hope this works out well for him. Dubuque is actually a very pretty little town, and fairly hilly too - doesn't look like what you would normally think Iowa looks like.

Not being familiar with Loras, I visited the school's Wikipedia page. Apparently Greg Gumbel went there.

they pretty much stayed away from Saint Louis University discussion. (i am glad. nothing good can come out of a rehash of such)

the majority of the conversation was about his new job as Athletic Director at Loras. He wants to be the Athletic Director that is a teamate to the coaches there to assist them not to spy on them or just be their boss. (my summary of his words, he didnt say that exactly but a lot longer.)

he is grateful for the opportunity.

talked about the fact he was indeed offered the detroit job, asked for more time to get Kramer there as well as he intended to take kramer with him if he took the job. said it just didnt feel 100% right and didnt want to take the position just as a job if it wasnt right for them as a family.

talked a lot about Kramer and the fact brad will be making the 8 hour drive as much as he can to watch games.

said his youngest (davis i think was the name) might be his best athlete but very young yet ( i am thinking he said he is like 7 or 8 now).

pretty much fluff, but i didnt expect him to come on the air swinging or hacking. too much of a class act to do such. good to hear he is in good spirits.

Thanks

He also stated he held no ill will towards SLU, Biondi, or Cheryl. They just did what they thought was best for the school, which is what they're supposed to do. He said they got a very good coach in the deal, but he thinks they lost a good one to. He was very classy.

He said he missed the competition the most and still wants to get back into coaching. He didn't rule out remaining at Loras as the AD, but the position is an interim position.

His other son is 11 and laughs at the video of Kramer at that age because he was so bad, he said Kramer has really been working on his shot and his strength. He's just under 6' and about 185. He believes Kramer will excell at Miami and can be a pg, but Kramer is "wired" to score. He added Kramer needs to work on his defensive intensity every possession, he feels he can do it, because he has shown the ability to make the big stop in key moments of games.

He believes strongly in God, and that he's at Loras for a reason, and that despite the fact he misses the competition he feels it is a very good fit for him.

It was a nice interview, I know if I had a son, I'd love for him to play for Brad.

He also stated he held no ill will towards SLU, Biondi, or Cheryl. They just did what they thought was best for the school, which is what they're supposed to do. He said they got a very good coach in the deal, but he thinks they lost a good one to. He was very classy.

He said he missed the competition the most and still wants to get back into coaching. He didn't rule out remaining at Loras as the AD, but the position is an interim position.

His other son is 11 and laughs at the video of Kramer at that age because he was so bad, he said Kramer has really been working on his shot and his strength. He's just under 6' and about 185. He believes Kramer will excell at Miami and can be a pg, but Kramer is "wired" to score. He added Kramer needs to work on his defensive intensity every possession, he feels he can do it, because he has shown the ability to make the big stop in key moments of games.

He believes strongly in God, and that he's at Loras for a reason, and that despite the fact he misses the competition he feels it is a very good fit for him.

It was a nice interview, I know if I had a son, I'd love for him to play for Brad.

While I was listening to the interview a thought popped into my head about the whole relationship with Biondi that ended up with Brad's firing. In a nutshell, he's way too religious for Larry's tastes. I am not a Biondi basher; in totality I think that he has been great for the University, but it is almost incongruous to think of him as a priest in the traditional sense of the word. He is a mover and shaker who will trample on those who get in his way.

While I was listening to the interview a thought popped into my head about the whole relationship with Biondi that ended up with Brad's firing. In a nutshell, he's way too religious for Larry's tastes. I am not a Biondi basher; in totality I think that he has been great for the University, but it is almost incongruous to think of him as a priest in the traditional sense of the word. He is a mover and shaker who will trample on those who get in his way.

Brad's religious views didn't have anything to do with his firing (as they shouldn't have). He was fired b/c of his 0-5 NCAA appearances and his poor recruiting--period.

Brad's religious views didn't have anything to do with his firing (as they shouldn't have). He was fired b/c of his 0-5 NCAA appearances and his poor recruiting--period.

That wasn't my point at all. If you had listened to the interview I think you would agree that Brad sounds a lot more like one of my parish priests than Father Biondi does.

I liked Brad and had several really good conversations with him and also went to some of his

"radio interviews" across Lindell in the Hotel basement-can't recall the bar's name but he was

definitely the reason to be there. He was very approachable-but his decisions to move to St. Charles; send Kramer to public school, etc. never set well with me as a comittment to the

University or St. Louis City. Even Spoon having a condo in the Central West End and Romar living at the Missouri Athletic Club until his wife joined him looked more like settling in. I felt sorry for Brad at the Paradise Jam, the local refs treated him like he was a skinhead and he finally sat and watched the games as any objections he had just stirred the refs against him; We lost game in that particular tournament because of reaction to his over reaction. I haven't seen enough of RM to say he won't get out coached in the A-10 but with Brad it was like we all wanted to see him do well because he was so nice it would have made a good story-instead he just was on the wrong side of W-L too many times and his recruiting melted. He had a rep for being Wisconsin and Bennett's recruiter-it was like a guy who could win with other peoples' money but choked when he played with his own. Too bad-I would have liked to see him stay for 20 years providing he was successful. In public he never had the foot in the mouth disease that we witnessed and hope goes away this year. With Archbishop Burke leaving town maybe the local press will be less intent on trying to create a mess with RM. It

is in my opinion like a press so bored with the Bush administration compared to the tittilating

times of the Clinton sex scandals and speculation about murdering their own (Ron Brown, etal) that our press made a big deal about GW junior not being cool or his learning on the job

malapropisms. I can hardly wait to see what they invent to keep us laughing with either tortured for real JM or the sprited would be leader double zero. I hope we settle down to better basketball and better government and the press and the refs become less of a story

I liked Brad and had several really good conversations with him and also went to some of his

"radio interviews" across Lindell in the Hotel basement-can't recall the bar's name but he was

definitely the reason to be there. He was very approachable-but his decisions to move to St. Charles; send Kramer to public school, etc. never set well with me as a comittment to the

University or St. Louis City. Even Spoon having a condo in the Central West End and Romar living at the Missouri Athletic Club until his wife joined him looked more like settling in. I felt sorry for Brad at the Paradise Jam, the local refs treated him like he was a skinhead and he finally sat and watched the games as any objections he had just stirred the refs against him; We lost game in that particular tournament because of reaction to his over reaction. I haven't seen enough of RM to say he won't get out coached in the A-10 but with Brad it was like we all wanted to see him do well because he was so nice it would have made a good story-instead he just was on the wrong side of W-L too many times and his recruiting melted. He had a rep for being Wisconsin and Bennett's recruiter-it was like a guy who could win with other peoples' money but choked when he played with his own. Too bad-I would have liked to see him stay for 20 years providing he was successful. In public he never had the foot in the mouth disease that we witnessed and hope goes away this year. With Archbishop Burke leaving town maybe the local press will be less intent on trying to create a mess with RM. It

is in my opinion like a press so bored with the Bush administration compared to the tittilating

times of the Clinton sex scandals and speculation about murdering their own (Ron Brown, etal) that our press made a big deal about GW junior not being cool or his learning on the job

malapropisms. I can hardly wait to see what they invent to keep us laughing with either tortured for real JM or the sprited would be leader double zero. I hope we settle down to better basketball and better government and the press and the refs become less of a story

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Romar lived in St. Chuck as well. Who cares about his temporary living situation? It does seem odd to me that someone as religious as Brad didn't send his son to a Catholic school. There is one excellent choice in the city of St. Louis and a a few lesser options out in the county. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Romar lived in St. Chuck as well. Who cares about his temporary living situation? It does seem odd to me that someone as religious as Brad didn't send his son to a Catholic school. There is one excellent choice in the city of St. Louis and a a few lesser options out in the county. ;)

Romar lived in West County and his kids went to MICDS

How does Barack Obama's initials, BO become double zero? Or am I missing something?

I hesitate to reply to correct an analogy that is not basketball worthy-but here is an attempt to make my cynicism with regards to both politicians clear

It was like GW3 which I did not use.

I was just trippin-I still can't get over The Bushes calling 2 of their sons Jeb and Dub and correct me if I am wrong but never do you see mention of the third son-it is strange he could disappear more than the Kennedy sister who was institutionalized. But any way I am trying to find a candidate to vote for when the Reps give us one of their own as a Keating 5 graduate and BO, if you prefer is or has a hertage with the Retco scandal in Chicago-why must we elect from a pool of people whose bacground means they were good at getting campaign contributions and giving insprational speeches?

double zero just meant a repeat of GW to me-he has little in the way of earned credits-he is not even the senior senator in his own state-but Dick Durbin is to the Dems what Gerald Ford was to the Reps-loyal-machine loyal.

Why are third party candidates reluctant?

I only can be scared by the choices ahead of us.

Two points: I think it's the 2 party system that creates the probs for the 3rd party candidates, not the candidates themselves.

They have their faults, but the '08 choices are better than the '04 choices. That's not saying much, but it's some improvement.

Sorry to take this further off track.

I hesitate to reply to correct an analogy that is not basketball worthy-but here is an attempt to make my cynicism with regards to both politicians clear

It was like GW3 which I did not use.

I was just trippin-I still can't get over The Bushes calling 2 of their sons Jeb and Dub and correct me if I am wrong but never do you see mention of the third son-it is strange he could disappear more than the Kennedy sister who was institutionalized. But any way I am trying to find a candidate to vote for when the Reps give us one of their own as a Keating 5 graduate and BO, if you prefer is or has a hertage with the Retco scandal in Chicago-why must we elect from a pool of people whose bacground means they were good at getting campaign contributions and giving insprational speeches?

double zero just meant a repeat of GW to me-he has little in the way of earned credits-he is not even the senior senator in his own state-but Dick Durbin is to the Dems what Gerald Ford was to the Reps-loyal-machine loyal.

Good to see you still find time to trip a little acid. I want to party with you.

I am sorry but where any coach decides to live is there business. Also where a parent chooses to send their children to school is once again their business and not ours. To say because he worked for a Catholic University then he should have sent his kids to a Catholic school is way off base. Good schools exist everywhere through out the St. Louis area - some are private and some are public just as there are bad private schools and public ones. SLU accepts kids from all types of schools and they serve more than just Catholics so to back such a parochial statement is just not smart.

I am sorry but where any coach decides to live is there business. Also where a parent chooses to send their children to school is once again their business and not ours. To say because he worked for a Catholic University then he should have sent his kids to a Catholic school is way off base. Good schools exist everywhere through out the St. Louis area - some are private and some are public just as there are bad private schools and public ones. SLU accepts kids from all types of schools and they serve more than just Catholics so to back such a parochial statement is just not smart.

i agree with cheeseman. there are a lot of reasons it may have not made sense for the soderberg's to send kramer to a private school. i know over on the east side, the honors program and the facilities at althoff arent even close to what belleville west has available. so why would i pass on those greater attributes to send her to althoff?

i do know that some of the private schools on the missouri side are much better, but then i would have deprived my children of a social life as there was no way i was going to be able to run them back and forth to the missouri side until they were old enough to drive themselves.

every child's situation i am sure is different though. take a tommie liddell, if he could have went to althoff as opposed to east st louis, i would bet he would have come out far ahead academically.

i think it is up the parents to access what is best for their family, their child and what puts the child in the best place socially and academically when they get out of high school. the fact kramer will be attending a very nice school in miami ohio i think demonstrates he did just fine.

Guest BillikenReport

I'm sure the decision to send Kramer to St. Charles West had a lot to do with basketball coach Terry Hollander.

If you are a Division I basketball coach, and you know your son will more than likely play D-1 basketball after high school, I would think you'd have to find a high school coach that you like and respect and think will do a good job coaching your child.

I'm sure the decision to send Kramer to St. Charles West had a lot to do with basketball coach Terry Hollander.

If you are a Division I basketball coach, and you know your son will more than likely play D-1 basketball after high school, I would think you'd have to find a high school coach that you like and respect and think will do a good job coaching your child.

Good call.

My only problem with him living in St. Chuck is the whole urban sprawl issue. :P