Chaifetz - New Seats

bonwich, i am 100% sure that kshoe is correct. any money you pay towards your mandatory gift goes towards the billiken club levels. and there is not an additional billiken club fee on top of that. i specifically asked last summer.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bonwich, i am 100% sure that kshoe is correct. any money you pay towards your mandatory gift goes towards the billiken club levels. and there is not an additional billiken club fee on top of that. i specifically asked last summer.

Okay, I am confused and a little nervous at the same time. How many tickets do you think the average season ticket holder has picked so far? My guess would be four. I say that because I know people that have picked and only picked 2 seats. Let's say I am wrong and say the average has been 5 seats so far. No, let's raise that even more. Let's say, it's been an average of 6 seats per person. I am picking tomorrow and if 550 people have picked before me at an average of 6 seats per person, then 3300 tickets will be gone. Let's just add another 700 tickets to that for the sake of argument. If 4,000 tickets are accounted for, then 6,600 seats should be left.

I have read that most of the good seats are gone, yet over 60% of the tickets have yet to be picked. What am I missing?

After all I read, I am really not looking forward to even picking tomorrow as it seems I will be disappointed. Yet mathematically, it would seem there would have to be good seats still. Courtside seats - no. But, there should still be pretty good seats.

What am I missing? Or, if what you're going to share is just going to upset me more then maybe don't respond :lol:

Okay, I am confused and a little nervous at the same time. How many tickets do you think the average season ticket holder has picked so far? My guess would be four. I say that because I know people that have picked and only picked 2 seats. Let's say I am wrong and say the average has been 5 seats so far. No, let's raise that even more. Let's say, it's been an average of 6 seats per person. I am picking tomorrow and if 550 people have picked before me at an average of 6 seats per person, then 3300 tickets will be gone. Let's just add another 700 tickets to that for the sake of argument. If 4,000 tickets are accounted for, then 6,600 seats should be left.

I have read that most of the good seats are gone, yet over 60% of the tickets have yet to be picked. What am I missing?

After all I read, I am really not looking forward to even picking tomorrow as it seems I will be disappointed. Yet mathematically, it would seem there would have to be good seats still. Courtside seats - no. But, there should still be pretty good seats.

What am I missing? Or, if what you're going to share is just going to upset me more then maybe don't respond :lol:

Not to worry, there will be good seats available from what I saw today. There will be some red but they will be scattered and more than likely by the band - I noticed most of those seats were being not selected. There will be plenty of green but they may be up high and in the corners but there really is not many bad seats in the place compared to Scott Trade. One question I have is what will they do with the loyal blue seats that are not being picked, surely they will not want that big space left open so close to the court. The big space was on the bench side but a goodly number of them were gone on the other side.

Not to worry, there will be good seats available from what I saw today. There will be some red but they will be scattered and more than likely by the band - I noticed most of those seats were being not selected. There will be plenty of green but they may be up high and in the corners but there really is not many bad seats in the place compared to Scott Trade. One question I have is what will they do with the loyal blue seats that are not being picked, surely they will not want that big space left open so close to the court. The big space was on the bench side but a goodly number of them were gone on the other side.

So I guess they let you in early if you want to go scout out some seat selections? And then when your time comes you get officially taken in to pick your seats?

So I guess they let you in early if you want to go scout out some seat selections? And then when your time comes you get officially taken in to pick your seats?

you get to sit in the blue crew/ band section until it is your turn to pick. they announce on the pa to come to the front row about 5 minutes before your time. at your time they then let you go to the seats and take as much time as you want.

however they are constantly allowing more accounts out.

while you are sitting in the student/band section, you can easily see which seats arent taken because as soon as an account holder selects their seats, they put a yellow "reserved" tag on the seat. so as you are sitting waiting to select, you can easily see where the seats that havent been picked are at. assuming you have already scouted the arena out, you likely have a pretty good idea where you want to be. if you havent and you are wanting to compare site lines from far apart locations, good luck.

we got 6 green eight rows back in section 112 and 2 seats about 15 rows back in 117.

I picked out my seats at 6:14 and was done by 6:30. I think the people running this did a great job. I had applied for gold seats and ended up with red that are an aisle and two seats away form the gold.

They way I look at it I saved myself $500. There were still good seats in the 200 level between the end lines when I left. I'm insection 102 row T the third and fourth seats in.

There were no Yow finger prints on this operation.

I forgot to mention that John, Mitchell, Thompson and Reed were working out on the practice floor. They were playing two on two and Femi's shot looked good. He hit shots with Mitchell right on top of him.

You may be right, but here's the exact quote from the brochure:

"Any required gift per seat will be credited toward your Billiken Club giving for the fiscal year beginning July 2008."

If I'm right, they made it purposely ambiguous and you need to maintain your annual club membership and then the additional donation goes on top of that and builds your points.

If you're right, Dr. Kelsey gets to exploit a loophole that lets single-seat holders pay only $25 more for a red seat. Of course, most of us have 2 or 4 or six seats, so we'll all have to pay $125 per for the additional red seats.

And of course, you and I know that green endzone seats are where the coolest people sit, so the point may be moot.

I'll be honest, I don't see how thats an ambiguous statement. It says clearly that any seat donations are credited towards BC giving. Regardless, now that the seats are picked nobody in the green sections HAS to make BC donations. the hope obviously is that people will continue to give if they gave this last year, but no greenies have to do it until a re-shuffling is about to occur.

I picked today around 4:00 and was surprised to see that virtually all the golds were gone as I would have gone that route. Good for SLU. I ended up taking 2nd row behind the basket. Its right behind the standard so its not perfect but with the rest of the Shoes in the 1st and 2nd rows of that section its hard to complain.

The lower bowl red seats were filling up but weren't full and there were a lot of green endzone seats available. The fact I could get 2nd row endzone seats at spot 416 shows SLU was right in not turning the first few rows there into red or gold. The demand just doesn't exist for the true end-zones.

People need to remember that even upper bowl seats at the Chaifetz are still like sitting in the lower bowl of the Savvis. There are plenty of good seats available but I have to think SLU is pleased to have the gold sold out in the low 400s of selections. The $64k question is what will happen to all the blue seats. There is almost no way they will sell many more to fans at this point. Hopefully corporate St. Louis will step up and buy them, otherwise it would be a PR disaster to have open seats that close to the floor.

Chris May spoke with me as I was checking out. Very nice guy. I told him t.v. was the biggest problem and he agreed but said it likely wouldn't be resolved this year but should be better in 09. Sounds similar to what Cheryl used to alsways say, "it'll be better in a year." I sure hope so.

I forgot to mention that John, Mitchell, Thompson and Reed were working out on the practice floor. They were playing two on two and Femi's shot looked good. He hit shots with Mitchell right on top of him.

great to see reed is on campus

i thought the system was extremely efficient for what was taking place. got there about 40 minutes early, margo as usual was wonderful. mark wright spent a lot more time with me than he had to, conversing. kevin lisch took my seat order (kevin is doing his marketing internship with our athletic dept this summer so he has to work the arena gig), everything worked like clockwork from the moment i arrived until we left the arena.

a LOT of very good seats gone. gold is really picked over. from my view, the gold is obviously the seat of choice. red is slim pickings as well in the corners. the seat of choice that is left are the high roller blues and quite a bit of the behind the basket seats are still there as of about 2 pm.

that said, my fears for red worked out pretty well for us. the exact seats i wanted were picked, but i have seats just a few seats into the same aisle. so i am still neighbors to the band and the blue crew and still peering into the opposing team bench.

popcorn and pretzel bits with free soda's.

all in all, imo the athletic dept should be commended for how well things are running from what i saw.

i did watch one guy that i knew, that was there early found the seats he wanted and like 5 minutes before it was his turn, pretty sure someone took them. that had to be hard. almost would have been better off not showing early.

shimmy is running her camp right now. when we first got there all the little girls were outside having lunch. of course shimmy was right in the middle hanging with the kids and having a ball. that woman is the definition of energy and excitement.

saw teresa and she said she leaves aug 8 for europe (she is touring with athletes in action).

I picked at 1:26, also thought it was done very well, Roy I think I saw you walking with Lisch. Lots of Gold and Blue from what I saw. We got really good green.

Roy I think I saw you walking with Lisch.

Older guy walking, umm, erect? Yep, that was Roy with KL.

Did you two give props to BelleVegas?

Mitchell can shoot it too...i saw him hit 4 consecutive 3s.

Thompson was sealing the skinny Reed all over the place, but Willie finsihed some too.

At 6:00 there were still plenty reds...and there are none that are "too high" in my opinion.

Green is a bargain...alot of good, unobstructed views from the baseline-extended/corner.

Does anyone know what number they were up too? Is there seat selection on Tuesday?

at 6:05, the guy I was with was #400-something....and he's had tix since 1983.

Luckily, he was kind enough to buy two tix for a Mom's Deli disciple who was otherwise #2,122.

Does anyone know what number they were up too? Is there seat selection on Tuesday?

Yes there is and probably every day this week. I am at 573 tomorrow at 12:00, give or take a few minutes. Looking forward to it.

I'll be honest, I don't see how thats an ambiguous statement. It says clearly that any seat donations are credited towards BC giving. Regardless, now that the seats are picked nobody in the green sections HAS to make BC donations. the hope obviously is that people will continue to give if they gave this last year, but no greenies have to do it until a re-shuffling is about to occur.

I picked today around 4:00 and was surprised to see that virtually all the golds were gone as I would have gone that route. Good for SLU. I ended up taking 2nd row behind the basket. Its right behind the standard so its not perfect but with the rest of the Shoes in the 1st and 2nd rows of that section its hard to complain.

The lower bowl red seats were filling up but weren't full and there were a lot of green endzone seats available. The fact I could get 2nd row endzone seats at spot 416 shows SLU was right in not turning the first few rows there into red or gold. The demand just doesn't exist for the true end-zones.

People need to remember that even upper bowl seats at the Chaifetz are still like sitting in the lower bowl of the Savvis. There are plenty of good seats available but I have to think SLU is pleased to have the gold sold out in the low 400s of selections. The $64k question is what will happen to all the blue seats. There is almost no way they will sell many more to fans at this point. Hopefully corporate St. Louis will step up and buy them, otherwise it would be a PR disaster to have open seats that close to the floor.

Chris May spoke with me as I was checking out. Very nice guy. I told him t.v. was the biggest problem and he agreed but said it likely wouldn't be resolved this year but should be better in 09. Sounds similar to what Cheryl used to alsways say, "it'll be better in a year." I sure hope so.

I must admit my fears were misplaced. This was handle very well. Kshoe, I have heard a couple people that are in the 1,000s that plan to purchase loyal blue club seats if they are still available at the time they pick. If there are a few more people like this out there, the blue might end up being a little more full than it is now.

I must admit my fears were misplaced. This was handle very well. Kshoe, I have heard a couple people that are in the 1,000s that plan to purchase loyal blue club seats if they are still available at the time they pick. If there are a few more people like this out there, the blue might end up being a little more full than it is now.

That would be great if it happens.

I picked at 4:58 yesterday. I thought the process was quick and efficient. You were not hurried and really had plenty of time to check out the entire arena They let people in every 2 minutes, so even if you walked around for 15 minutes it only allowed 7 more groups in so a maximum of 7x8 for 56 seats that passed you up, but more likely a couple of groups may have chosen quickly and you would still get basically the same seats. When I picked there were good seats at all levels.

The ones I wanted were gold even with the baseline 3 rows from the floor, but I can't afford gold this year, so I ended up going green, as I felt the seats in green were better than the ones I could have had in red. For me better means the wider seats and on an aisle. It came down to the 2nd or 3rd row right behind the basket down the middle where the basket obstructed the view just a little, or 1st row over the tunnel where the players come out in 122 which is right next to 101. in a corner. 122 M 14,15 Imo very good seats and though a few rows higher not much farther from the court then I was before.

The good thing is there is nobody in front of me to get pissed off when I yell. Also I knew the Shoes had the baseline covered.

I was told they applied to the NCAA for Willie and believe it will be approved. When I was watching he was blowing by BT had a couple of sweet blocks and took FJ and KM to the hole 1-1 a couple of times. He will be the quickest player we have had t his size that I can remember.

Good luck to those still choosing seats. I can use somene loud next to me.

I picked at 1:26, also thought it was done very well, Roy I think I saw you walking with Lisch. Lots of Gold and Blue from what I saw. We got really good green.

ok. i saw you. sorry i didnt say hi. i was thinking i knew you but you've put some age on and looking old. :lol:

Nothing gets me more excited than hearing things like this. I already can't wait for November.

I picked at 4:58 yesterday. I thought the process was quick and efficient. You were not hurried and really had plenty of time to check out the entire arena They let people in every 2 minutes, so even if you walked around for 15 minutes it only allowed 7 more groups in so a maximum of 7x8 for 56 seats that passed you up, but more likely a couple of groups may have chosen quickly and you would still get basically the same seats. When I picked there were good seats at all levels.

The ones I wanted were gold even with the baseline 3 rows from the floor, but I can't afford gold this year, so I ended up going green, as I felt the seats in green were better than the ones I could have had in red. For me better means the wider seats and on an aisle. It came down to the 2nd or 3rd row right behind the basket down the middle where the basket obstructed the view just a little, or 1st row over the tunnel where the players come out in 122 which is right next to 101. in a corner. 122 M 14,15 Imo very good seats and though a few rows higher not much farther from the court then I was before.

The good thing is there is nobody in front of me to get pissed off when I yell. Also I knew the Shoes had the baseline covered.

I was told they applied to the NCAA for Willie and believe it will be approved. When I was watching he was blowing by BT had a couple of sweet blocks and took FJ and KM to the hole 1-1 a couple of times. He will be the quickest player we have had t his size that I can remember.

Good luck to those still choosing seats. I can use somene loud next to me.

Skip, if you had chosen the 3rd row right behind the basket you would have been right behind me. That would have have been nice as last year I "almost" felt bad for the old couple behind me that had trouble when I jumped up. You would be jumping with me so it would have been alright.

I picked yesterday at 4:34. I had signed up for gold but the only seats left in the center two sections were a few seats in the top two rows on the section behind the visitors bench. At first I was disappointed. I've always had seats at about the foul line about 18 rows off the floor at our last three venues. The only other gold seats left were on the corner, past the endline. I almost took them, but checked out the seats behind the basket. They were green seats and about the same distance from the court as the the corner gold seats so I took the green seats, 8th row behind the basket. I think I'll like them.

I'll be honest, I don't see how thats an ambiguous statement. It says clearly that any seat donations are credited towards BC giving.

So are season ticket subscriptions (credited toward points totals). But you don't have to be a Billiken Club member to have season tickets, nor, perhaps, do you have to be a Club member to get Red, Gold, etc. So it's theoretically possible for someone to buy premium seats but still end up >1000 in the rankings because they haven't maintained BC membership.

Which also means, theoretically, that the U might should have required continuous BC membership for the next 3 years to maintain one's ranking for the next reshuffling.

PS: So are we running about 200 picks a day today and tomorrow? Anybody got a number >1100?