Where are the seat selection notices?

I thought they were supposed to go out between mid-April and the 1st week of May.

Maybe that's just when they start for the first handful of loyal fans.

I thought they were supposed to go out between mid-April and the 1st week of May.

At the golf tournament, Margot stated that they would be mailed on Tuesday to the entire season ticket base. I was told there are reservations for less than 6,000. Apparently, our season ticket base has continued to shrink.

On a side note, RM attended the lunch for the event and spoke, although most didn't hear him, because of the bad acoustics and most were outside. He no showed the dinner when all the players (men's and women's) were introduced. Shimmy spoke as did Porter Moser, in RM's absence. Between the two teams, we only have 11 scholarship athletes returning.

Personally, I was very surprised RM wasn't there in the evening when most would have expected him to speak. It's very possible he explained his conflict at lunch, when a handful heard his comments.

At the golf tournament, Margot stated that they would be mailed on Tuesday to the entire season ticket base. I was told there are reservations for less than 6,000. Apparently, our season ticket base has continued to shrink.

On a side note, RM attended the lunch for the event and spoke, although most didn't hear him, because of the bad acoustics and most were outside. He no showed the dinner when all the players (men's and women's) were introduced. Shimmy spoke as did Porter Moser, in RM's absence. Between the two teams, we only have 11 scholarship athletes returning.

Personally, I was very surprised RM wasn't there in the evening when most would have expected him to speak. It's very possible he explained his conflict at lunch, when a handful heard his comments.

only 11 returning basketball players from both teams? the men have 4 we know. the women should have had 8 so one lady is apparently not returning. any news on which lady billiken is leaving the team?

If reservations means tickets sold and we only have 6000, then I would suggest that the Ath Dept do whatever needed to increase that #, such as giving the large # of seat ticket holders at least a one year reprieve on getting no more than 6 (is that the right #?) seats at least for this coming season. The ability to buy more seats than allowed by the current plan could be done after all the rest of us pick our seats-it seems like that could help a little bit-we don't want a lot of empty seats and from an earlier thread I get the impression that student seats will not be fully utilized.

I personally know of 2 groups who are buying fewer tickets, due to the maximum # of seats policy, who would likely add at least some tickets to those they are allowed to get under the new policy.

If reservations means tickets sold and we only have 6000, then I would suggest that the Ath Dept do whatever needed to increase that #, such as giving the large # of seat ticket holders at least a one year reprieve on getting no more than 6 (is that the right #?) seats at least for this coming season. The ability to buy more seats than allowed by the current plan could be done after all the rest of us pick our seats-it seems like that could help a little bit-we don't want a lot of empty seats and from an earlier thread I get the impression that student seats will not be fully utilized.

I personally know of 2 groups who are buying fewer tickets, due to the maximum # of seats policy, who would likely add at least some tickets to those they are allowed to get under the new policy.

couldnt both of those 2 groups do what you propose in the first paragraph do that now? i.e. after we all pick they could pick seats? what i suspect is really keeping those 2 groups from getting seats is they lost their cushy front of the line status they had in their previous cartel.

only 11 returning basketball players from both teams? the men have 4 we know. the women should have had 8 so one lady is apparently not returning. any news on which lady billiken is leaving the team?

theresa lisch is taking my hand in marriage in 2 weeks and i'm quitting my job and she's quitting the team and we're just gonna go have nakey time on some island till the end of time. hurts the program, i know, and i probably won't get a chance to post as much, but i feel like i've got to do this.

JM

+

TL

=

TL4EVA

he explained at lunch that he had to leave yesterday afternoon for a trip to oregon to visit with Brian Conklin and his family and coaches for a few days. i'd much rather have him there than at a golf tourney talking to a bunch of drunk people.

he explained at lunch that he had to leave yesterday afternoon for a trip to oregon to visit with Brian Conklin and his family and coaches for a few days. i'd much rather have him there than at a golf tourney talking to a bunch of drunk people.

I'm glad he's meeting with Conklin, but couldn't he have gone on the next day? By the way, nobody get's drunk. I guess we're too old.

I'm not picking on the Coach, but there really is more to his job than coaching the team. When he wants, he's very engaging and willing to commit the time. It just seems to me that yesterday was an opportunity to sell his program to some people that aren't season ticketholders.

Hope Elam has left to be closer to home and Klotz is no longer with the program. Shimmy has agreed to bring Heather King back for her redshirt year, reversing a previous decision.

I'm glad he's meeting with Conklin, but couldn't he have gone on the next day? By the way, nobody get's drunk. I guess we're too old.

I'm not picking on the Coach, but there really is more to his job than coaching the team. When he wants, he's very engaging and willing to commit the time. It just seems to me that yesterday was an opportunity to sell his program to some people that aren't season ticketholders.

I think him meeting with Conklin is a little more important and who knows what his schedule is like for the rest of the week. I thought it was said earlier he was not going to be at this event at all. So him showing up when he did was more than what was originaly planned.

Hope Elam has left to be closer to home and Klotz is no longer with the program. Shimmy has agreed to bring Heather King back for her redshirt year, reversing a previous decision.

the improvement that heather king made from the beginning of last season until the end was spectacular. she became the jeff harris of the women's team by year end.

Why did Amy Klotz leave? She had the athleticism to end up being really good. She had a few great games last year

If they were mailed Tuesday, we should have gotten them today--I don't have one.

I just spoke with Margo. They will be sent out "hopefully this week". She said whoever said Tuesday was misinformed.

I indicated that they would be mailed on Tuesday, because that's what she told me at the Golf Tournament. What is curious, is the comment that she couldn't give someone their position on the phone, because it might change. How can that happen, if only points accumulated by early April counted towards this prioritization.

I indicated that they would be mailed on Tuesday, because that's what she told me at the Golf Tournament. What is curious, is the comment that she couldn't give someone their position on the phone, because it might change. How can that happen, if only points accumulated by early April counted towards this prioritization.

Do I smell another fiasco on the burner?

Do I smell another fiasco on the burner?

That's what I thought too...how could anyone's ranking be still subject to change at this point? If they're casually changing the rules, this could lead to some bad feelings and I don't think that's what they'd want.

Before people jump off a cliff, the possiblity surely exists that they haven't finished reconciling all the points, donations, etc. and thus they can't give any rankings out by phone because they aren't done yet, and hence may change. Now, back to that cliff...

Before people jump off a cliff, the possiblity surely exists that they haven't finished reconciling all the points, donations, etc. and thus they can't give any rankings out by phone because they aren't done yet, and hence may change. Now, back to that cliff...

Anything's possible; however, they have done little to inspire any confidence.

Perhaps we're unfair because this whole process (new arena, point system, seat selection and all) was just sprung on them and they didn't have years to figure out the details... :blink:

I certainly understand the problem of implementing new programs but they have had plenty of time to get this one off the desk and on the road. I have been delaying travel plans since my number last year was 305 and I could not take the chance that I might drop lower. The dates they announced for the first 300 to pick was when I was suppose to leave and I put all of that on semi hold waiting for this letter. They need to stop dicking around and get this letter out asap - my patience is running thin.

I certainly understand the problem of implementing new programs but they have had plenty of time to get this one off the desk and on the road. I have been delaying travel plans since my number last year was 305 and I could not take the chance that I might drop lower. The dates they announced for the first 300 to pick was when I was suppose to leave and I put all of that on semi hold waiting for this letter. They need to stop dicking around and get this letter out asap - my patience is running thin.

cheeseman, That's my situation too (on the bubble with pending travel plans) and why I called when it wasn't in the mail. I know that another week delay won't be a problem for most folks but would be concerned if the pre-established rules are being manipulated. Don't like to think they'd do that, but hard to refuse a contribution, albeit after the deadline.