Majerus on 590

Hey Courtside, I took it from the Big Bill Fan, who initiated the thread. Why did you single me out and get on my case <_< .

Anyway I am glad you clarified that. I think the A10 is the best option for the moment. Also, I never get to see a game if Charlotte was not in the conference :P

Wasn't getting on your case. I mentioned that you did not make the statement and believed the statement to be true. It happens all the time on the internet, and in life. I happened to be around to know that it wasn't the case. It's always challenenging to know what is factually correct and what isn't. That's why I can only say to someone on the outside looking in to a situation, to get multiple people with the same set of facts before taking everything seriously, or consider the source(s). Often times this could be something that gets blown up into something it isn't.

Wasn't getting on your case. I mentioned that you did not make the statement and believed the statement to be true. It happens all the time on the internet, and in life. I happened to be around to know that it wasn't the case. It's always challenenging to know what is factually correct and what isn't. That's why I can only say to someone on the outside looking in to a situation, to get multiple people with the same set of facts before taking everything seriously, or consider the source(s). Often times this could be something that gets blown up into something it isn't.

Geez, thanks once again for your patronizing messages. Have you met the board's new friend Marc? What am I thinking, of course you have.

Geez, thanks once again for your patronizing messages. Have you met the board's new friend Marc? What am I thinking, of course you have.

Good one, Moytoy. Courtside, what are you, our Daddy or something? Maybe you don't realize this but I take everything posted on this board with a grain of salt, including your sanctimonious, self-aggrandizing posts. I realize that me posting on this message board is waste of time, but being a message board authority is really pathetic.

Big Bill....here is a suggestion. Don't waste your time in the future attempting to share information with anyone on this board. All you accomplish is provide an opportunity for the sanctimonious element that frequents here to find fault. For the record, Majerus has made it abundantly clear that he does not like the A 10. To draw from his commets that he remains unhappy with the conference is a logical conclusion - something not found on this board the last couple of months. I am getting nauseous by the pattern of attacking everyone that tries to share information. Here is one link to support RM's view about the A 10 - a google search can provide many more.

http://driveanddish.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html

Big Bill....here is a suggestion. Don't waste your time in the future attempting to share information with anyone on this board. All you accomplish is provide an opportunity for the sanctimonious element that frequents here to find fault. For the record, Majerus has made it abundantly clear that he does not like the A 10. To draw from his commets that he remains unhappy with the conference is a logical conclusion - something not found on this board the last couple of months. I am getting nauseous by the pattern of attacking everyone that tries to share information. Here is one link to support RM's view about the A 10 - a google search can provide many more.

http://driveanddish.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html

It's pretty apparent that RM is not happy with the A-10, I'm not sure why this seems to be a surprise to some. I am sorry however for providing my interpretation of his statement. I didn't realize the angst it would cause with some.

no rickma wants to just play bigtime. and that is why we can never go to the mvc. if that big east monster ever does break up, we have to be united with dayton and xavier to react accordingly then.

travel is no vacation-bus, train, airplane.

Danny Brown did not look like he would ever jump again until the last 10 games. He had

been one of our top two or three leapers and fairly athletic. He did play a little out of control prior to this year and I was one of those who feared his passes and dribbles as a turnover waiting to happen. RM had to be pleasantly surprised by the last 10 games

That's truly funny. Big East? SLU can't even compete in the A10!

???? not competing would be st bonaventure.

you need to get a clue. every year that Saint Louis University has been a part of the A-10 going into the last week of the conference season we have been in a position where we still had a shot at an A-10 top 4 finish if things fell right. i would call that competing.

if you really meant to say instead of "compete in the A-10" to say, "win the A-10", that would be correct at this time.

i am sure rickma knows the big east is not going to expand any further at this point (they are already 16 schools large). however rickma knows that will eventually explode and when it does he wants to be a part of the fallout and by partnering with dayton and xavier we become a very viable part of any modification alternatives down the road. that is what rickma is lobbying for.

you need to get a clue. every year that Saint Louis University has been a part of the A-10 going into the last week of the conference season we have been in a position where we still had a shot at an A-10 top 4 finish if things fell right. i would call that competing.

if you really meant to say instead of "compete in the A-10" to say, "win the A-10", that would be correct at this time.

i am sure rickma knows the big east is not going to expand any further at this point (they are already 16 schools large). however rickma knows that will eventually explode and when it does he wants to be a part of the fallout and by partnering with dayton and xavier we become a very viable part of any modification alternatives down the road. that is what rickma is lobbying for.

Roy,

Okay, win the A-10. They have NO chance at all on winning the A-10.

Good points. RM also may be lobbying for changes regarding the dates/times of games to bunch more games together in order to reduce the number of roadtrips as well as the length of each trip. If we could leave town and play 3 games before returning (1 long trip) instead of 3 trips (1 game each) and/or play Thursday and Saturday instead of Wednesday and Saturday, RM would be more happy with the conference.

I believe that the fact that SLU did not receive its available dates/times from the Scott until only 6 to 7 months prior to the season (and when it did there were so many dates and times not available) as well as its complete schedule inflexiblility as to our home games (Savvis/ScottTrade) greatly and negatively affected our entire schedule in ways we never fully realized. Now, that we should be able to assist other schools/A 10 by playing home games on nearly any date on the calendar, other teams/A10 will then be able to better group our away games to save time and money and for the benefit of the kids and the program.

I did not hear the interview but I did catch a phone question to Rammer about the interview from Monday night. The caller said that he thought RM wanted to be in the Valley and Rammer was very clear to say, no - he is frustrated with the A10 about some things but lots of coaches are and where RM wants to be is in the Big East not the MVC . I am not sure how clearer anybody can say this.

I did not hear the interview but I did catch a phone question to Rammer about the interview from Monday night. The caller said that he thought RM wanted to be in the Valley and Rammer was very clear to say, no - he is frustrated with the A10 about some things but lots of coaches are and where RM wants to be is in the Big East not the MVC . I am not sure how clearer anybody can say this.

So...what you are saying is that RM wants to get into the MVC?

actually, if any of you guys would simply listen to 590 all day like me, or read the article, it is clear that RM wants to get us into the Big Ten, somehow. I have no idea how he plans to get this done. Last I heard (I am an insider), we will be playing Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan State in the first 3 games at the Fetz, in Nov. and early Dec.!!

Also, for your information, wiseguys, it happens to be true: most of our new recruits would not have even been picked up for Division II basketball. I know this from one of the sisters of a guy who cleans up at Pine Gym, OK?

I just don't get what's wrong with some of you yahoos.

actually, if any of you guys would simply listen to 590 all day like me, or read the article, it is clear that RM wants to get us into the Big Ten, somehow. I have no idea how he plans to get this done. Last I heard (I am an insider), we will be playing Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan State in the first 3 games at the Fetz, in Nov. and early Dec.!!

Also, for your information, wiseguys, it happens to be true: most of our new recruits would not have even been picked up for Division II basketball. I know this from one of the sisters of a guy who cleans up at Pine Gym, OK?

I just don't get what's wrong with some of you yahoos.

Big Ten?!?!

We better find a sugar daddy who wants to pay to start football....the big ten is never going to share $$ with a school that would never make the conference any money

".....it is clear that RM wants to get us into the Big Ten, somehow...."

You wrote ths post with your tongue planted firmly in your cheek, correct? I hope so.........

Not only does SLU not have a football program.....SLU does not have the other men's and women's programs required by that conference........

Again, I asume you were joking, but here is not a chance in the world of this even being considered in CHicago.....