Jimmy McKinney

Mobile-iken

I'm not trying to fan the rumor flames here but the more you think about him transferring here the more sense it makes. He seems to be getting less playing time and he is definitely playing a smaller role. If he came here he could play with his buddy, Dwayne Polk, for 3 years (2 in game competition).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that rumor and don't know if there is any truth to it, but I think it's innacurate to say McKinney has been getting less minutes. He was taken out early in the UNLV game due to foul problems. I think the coach kept him out b/c the team was playing insane with Conley and Gardner at guard.

Now, I don't know what the coach is going to do down the stretch. I frankly hope that Conley and Gardner continue to get more minutes, especially at Kronke's expense, but that would probably mean that McKinney will get fewer minutes, too. That might upset McKinney and especially Floyd Irons and DJ, so that might become an issue. Time will tell. But it seems to me performance on the court should dictate playing time, and after Sunday, Conley and Gardner should get more.

while i am not sure i will say "i dont want him" even if the rumors were true, i would definitely approach anything of the sort with caution. i too wonder how "tainted" his experience has made him. i would much rather have tommie liddell than jimmy if given a choice that is for sure.

>I seriously wouldn't want Jimmy, even if MU paid us to take

>him. Which, I'm certain would be in their cards. He may

>bring in negative things to this program, so even if he

>would make SLU a better team - I wouldn't want him.

But AJArete told us he was better than Larry Hughes. LOL! He seems like a nice kid who got along well with Polk, so I'm not sure he'd bring negative things to the table.

Based on what I saw watching yesterday's game, McKinney is going to be riding the pine down in Columbia. He isn't quick enough or a good enough distributor to play the point, and he appears to be light years behind Gardner and Conley as a shooting guard. If the sanctions come down, he may look for other options. And if they don't, Quin may still run him off to free up a scholarship, like he apparently did with Stokes last year.

I admit that I have not followed MU closely this year, but with Gardner a freshman and Conley returning next year, I don't see McKinney playing much.

I see another RB possible scenario here. Didn't UB hint at a transfer they were looking at? With all the bad vibes surrounding the Mizzery program these days and McKinney taking some of the heat because they have forced him out of his natural position, why wouldn't he be considering a possible transfer? Plus given the uncertain future of TL, why wouldn't we want him? Let's not get so tainted by our hate for Mizzery that we would turn down a possible replacement for RB when he graduates. Besides, look at this scenario, say TL opts for prep but still honors his commitment to SLU a year later. You'd have TL alongside McKinney with DJ at pg, IV at center, and hopefully an athletic PF starting with AD, Meyer, Clarke off the bench. I kind of like the looks of that group. He may be sour on Mizzery like RB was on Villanova, and that ain't turned out too bad. Plus I think transfers always feel they have something to prove and play with a little more fervor at their new schools. If he wants to come...let him in and welcome him with open arms.

if jimmy were to transfer, I believe that would be a huge gift for the Bills. He'd sit a year and take Reggie's spot once he's gone. McKinney is a great athelete who is forced to play out of position at Mizzou while being the third or fourth option. Here he would be a swingman and would be our first or second option. He would do a lot of damage that way. If, and I do mean if, he were to make this transfer, I would hope that we would welcome him with open arms.

next year he'll be the 2nd or 3rd option most times, so he has little reason to transfer, in my opinion. With Conley and Horton running the point, it'll be 2 by committee with Gardner and McKinney with Dandridge getting a few minutes in there also.

McKinney must know he's not going to run the point next year, and he'll definitely get plenty of minutes at the 2. I see him staying at Mizzou and having a great year next year playing where he belongs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but -- things are starting to look up in Columbia again. As all Quin Snyder teams seem to do they are starting to peak late in the season. I would bet they will squeeze into the tournament once again and make some noise.

JMAC is unlikely to leave but may. He will be playing behind Gardner next year and will see more and more time on the bench. He is a bit of a disapointment and is not all that good. He can't seem to find his shot.

If he does leave it wont be because on the investigation. Things look pretty good there. The report is done and people inside the athletic department know the results. No major sactions. The report is being held up due to some admin inside the NCAA being gone. Really no big deal.

Tyler was in for an official visit. Got a good feeling about him. The antlers visited his high school for their game Friday night. Tyler is ranked as the 5th best recuit in the country. highest ranked recruit in the state since Stipo. Sure would be big to get him to stay in his home state.

Enjoy the rest of your season as SLU tries to make that push to the NIT.

but what about Justin Johnson. I don't think batting 0.500 is so bad. I agree that McKinney has been a disappointment, but I think he's hurt by playing out of position. Unfortunately, he has some stiff competition with Thomas Gardner at the 2. I truly hope that DJ, Irons and other aren't negatively influencing the Mizzou coaching staff to play McKinney more. For one, he needs to prove it on the court.

if you are will to take a straight bet on Mizzou making the dance I will gladly bet you pretty much any amount you choose. I MAY end up losing the bet but the chances are certainly less than 50/50 of them dancing in 2004. Who knew losing by 16 at Nebraska, trailing Colorado at home with a few minutes to go and beating UNLV were signs of a great team.

You can e-mail me at [email protected] with that phone #.

Beat a very average UNLV team at home and suddenly you are peaking at the right time. Have some more of the Kool Aid. The MU AD, Assistant AD (think radio broadcaster) and HC are currently trying to come up with an appropriate self imposed penalty to appease the NCAA. As for JMAC who needs a guard who can't shoot (less than 30% from 3) or handle the ball (check out the TO/assist ratio)? Have fun rooting for your underachieving, overrated, poorly coached team the next couple of years since the university can't afford to buy out your son, Mrs. Snyder.