Jimmy McKinney

Mobile-iken

So....where do you drunk frat boys learn to type?

I guess Ole Mizzou was just trying to get the rest of the Big 12 right where they want them; that's why they lost 10 games. Oh, by the way, isn't Mizzou a .500 team right now? Just lulling everyone else into submission...right?

No one ever complains on this board when we talk about SMS, SIU, Cincy, Marquette, politics, academics, etc. But the minute anyone says anything about Mizzou you guys come out of the woodwork. Do you guys take turns monitoring this site?

At least cheesycow is beginning to exercise a little maturity in his posts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>if jimmy were to transfer, I believe that would be a huge

>gift for the Bills. He'd sit a year and take Reggie's spot

>once he's gone. McKinney is a great athelete who is forced

>to play out of position at Mizzou while being the third or

>fourth option. Here he would be a swingman and would be our

>first or second option. He would do a lot of damage that

>way. If, and I do mean if, he were to make this transfer, I

>would hope that we would welcome him with open arms.

My feelings exactly.

and were batting .500 you'd be fired. Plus, didn't you assert there were 4-5 NBA caliber players on Mizzou's squad this year. Either your assessment was off on those guys or Quin is the worst coach, ever.

One thing I've noticed consistently about Mizzou and its fans is they love to overhype their recruits/freshman but rip on the juniors/seniors. Once, it was people ripping on Clarence Gilbert and praising Kareem Rush. The next year it was ripping Kareem Rush but praising the young high-riser Paulding. Then it was ripping on Clemmons but praising the maturity of McKinney. Now it is ripping on McKinney and Paulding but praising Gardner. Maybe I read the Tigerboard too much but thats how it happens every year. You guys expect too much out of the older guys, very little out of the young guys but then when a Thomas Gardner plays well you expect him to be the next coming in future years. I expect Gardner to be a decent player but right now he is shooting very well, hasn't seen a double team and is probably being marked by the other teams worst defender. Things would be different if he was the go-to-guy.

Jimmy is a very good player and would look great in Billiken blue but it isn't going to happen so I'm not gonna worry about it.

in Mizzou attire and you are a self-proclaimed fan of both teams. How about you refrain from posting on the Billiken board for a month and I'll refrain from posting on the Tigerboard for 4 months. (4 vs. 1 since I don't post nearly as much as you).

Do you honestly think Mizzou has a better than 50/50 chance of making the dance or do you make a habit of taking bad bets?

because you THOUGHT the Patriots would cover against Carolina. You remind me of Kramer:

JERRY: So, when do I get my dinner?

KRAMER: There's no dinner. The bet's off. I'm not gonna do it.

JERRY: Yes. I know you're not gonna do it. That's why I bet.

KRAMER: There's not bet if I' not doing it.

JERRY: That's the bet! That you're not doing it!

KRAMER: Yeah, well, I could do it. I don't want to do it.

JERRY: We didn't bet on if you wanted to. We bet on if it would be done.

KRAMER: And it could be done.

JERRY: Well, of course it could be done! Anything could be done! But it only is done if it's done. Show me the levels! The bet is the levels.

KRAMER: But I don't want the levels!

JERRY: That's the bet!

tyler's old man went to mizzou. his dad's friends in columbia are reportedly telling him not to send his son to mizzou because they are disgusted with what's going on with the program. at this time, it looks like tyler will give mizzou a courtesy visit because of his dad. if he does indeed commit to mizzou, then we all know that something went down. Again.

bad boyz for life

Why is it that you feel it necessary to come to our board and insult us. I have never been to a Tiger board and I could care less about what is said there--although the post about Laurie tying up MU for decades re advertising, free box, free food, free tickets and AMAZING--the right to preapprove anyone who is honored by the school--was posted here and it showed that the MU bb program was for sale and it was purchased by married well money!

With regard to your team--I have seen them play 10 times and the problem, pure and simple, is bad coaching. Now, by pure luck, coaching is pretty much taken out of consideration. Pretty Q can not screw up the rotations because he has three fewer players to mess up. Klieza and Kronke are hurt and Pulley left so very few decisions need to be made. Conley gets off the pine. Jimmy goes to the pine and Gardner is showcased. the big guys actually play well for one game and you are again a great team at 11-10 What a joke!!!

Cheesycow said:

"I thought the bet was whether or not I thought they'd make the tournament. I (as an optimistic fan) think they will."

If the bet was whether you THOUGHT they'd make the tournament and you as an optimistic fan think they will then you by definition will win the bet. Get it. The bet, of course, was whether they would ACTUALLY make the tournament, in which case you will likely lose.

Honestly, I thought Steve would have smarter friends than this.

what you don't mention is that reggie is a shooting guard while jimmy is a point guard. compare jimmy's assists to turnovers to josh fisher. (even after josh's big turnover streak in the last week), it is still pretty good, plus he is scoring more points.

still, put me down for the jimmy in a slu uniform crew. he will be a nice fit.

for one thing. he will learn how to play defense again. that has become the worst part of his game. he can't guard anybody. that's why he got those two fouls. he couldn't stay with blasingame. they had to take him off of dee brown and pace of syracuse ate him alive.

reggie couldn't guard a statue when he got to st. louis, now he's making game-saving plays on defense. imagine that.

bad boyz for life

if you think a professional scout wouldn't accept a 0.500 batting average on every player they analyzed or drafted. I don't think you realize how tough player evaluation is. Get a clue.

As for McKinney, I don't think I went out on a limb with him. Let's see, DeSmet's Jim Steiner referred to Jimmy McKinney as the best player to come out of St. Louis since JoJo White. It's still early and I'm willing to admit that I might have erred on McKinney, but I doubt I was alone in predicting greatness for McKinney.

to reasone with a child. Try to stay with me. JMAC told Quin he would play for him if he could play point since he has NBA aspirations and that is his only shot. Why do you think they haven't recruited another PG? He obviously can't play point and he hasn't shot well. You can keep him. I'll take my chances on finding a better player who doesn't have to unlearn the bad habits from poor/no coaching. BTW, 39% from the field, 29% from 3, 9.2 ppg in 30 minutes. He sure isn't a shooting guard either. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the kid. He made a bad decision out of high school, it's just not SLU's job to try and fix it.

They have some supposed hot shot phenom point guard coming next year so with Conley and the new kid and Laurie I would guess that JM will see very little time at the point. so then he has to play ahead of Gardner and two other phenoms-- I must say the kid from NC looked very good at the shootout--at the 2 guard to play. It sounds like a disaster for Jimmy!!

I, for one, believe that if Jimmy spent a year in Brad's program he would return to his previous ability. You can say what you want about Floyd but the man can coach defense and Jimmy was a good defender in high school. working with his old buddy Polk for a couple of years, along with TL if he gets eligible, with our big front court guys and a versitle scorer like Luke, I would think that Jimmy would fit in well and be a major contributor. he just needs to get away from pretty Q asap!!!!!

if steiner said that, he either was drunk or going out of his way to grind an ax on hughes and miles. both larry hughes and darius miles are the best high school players i have ever seen out of the st louis area ever. let alone jojo white. to make such a statement is ridiculous.

as to justin johnson aj, let's wait until 2007 and see how he pans out. there is little doubt that he is a very talented athlete. he just hasnt bought in to what he is being told yet.