SLU on TV 2007-2008 and Links to Watch CSTV Online

kwyjibo

People have posted about the games on TV, but I wanted to recap in a nice concise format:

National Games (Times are now CENTRAL)

11/11 - Saint Louis at Pittsburgh --5 pm Charter St. Louis/Fox SportsNet Pittsburgh//SportsNet New York (ESPN+)

12/15 - Southern Illinois at Saint Louis --6:30 pm ESPNU

1/10 - Saint Louis at George Washington --7 pm CSTV

1/17 - Rhode Island at Saint Louis--8 pm CSTV

2/7 - Xavier at Saint Louis --8 pm ESPN or ESPN2

2/17 - Saint Louis at Massachusetts --1pm CSTV

2/28 - Saint Louis at St. Joseph's --6pm ESPN2

Regional/Local (St. Louis) Games (A10 Network games are CSTV produced games available to be shown in home markets and also would be available on the internet.)

1/20 - Temple at Saint Louis --1 pm CW11/"A10 Network"//Comcast Sports Net

1/26 -Saint Louis at LaSalle --1 pm CW11

1/30 -Saint Louis at Dayton --6 pm "A10 Network"/Comcast Sports Net--South

2/2 - UMASS at Saint Louis --1 pm CW11/"A10 Network"/Comcast Sports Net--Chicago/Comcast Cable CN8

2/10 -Saint Louis at Richmond --1 pm CW11

2/23 - Saint Louis at Charlotte --6 pm CW11/"A10 Network"/Comcast SportsNet West/Cox RI/TimeWarner NC

3/8 -Saint Louis at Duquesne--3 pm CW11/ FSN Pittsburgh

3/13 and/or 3/14 - A10 Tournament AFTER 1st round-- "A10 Network"/Comcast Sportsnet Philly/Sportsnet New York

Recap: 2 National ESPN games, 1 ESPNU game, 3 CSTV games, at least one regional sports channel game, at least 1 CSTV produced games available somewhere, and 6 CW11/KPLR games in St. Louis.

There may be more St. Louis local TV games.

CSTV Online

If that doesn't work, then try this link to view CSTV Online:

ChannelSurfing.net

I did not want to comment directly in the TV summary post in case someone wanted to use it as reference--so I did not spoil it with my thoughts.

Anyway, earlier I was concerned about the number of TV games. It does appear that "Majerus-appeal" got us more respect from ESPN and CSTV during the conference schedule. This is a very good thing and I apologize for being somewhat skeptical (we were put on the ESPN schedules later than my initial post but it worked out with 2 games on ESPN/ESPN2). 5 conference games on "national TV" is excellent. The Rhode Island game was a late comer on the CSTV schedule and really tipped the balance in that CSTV has a healthier interest in SLU than last year.

The non-conference TV schedule is a bit of a disappointment but I won't complain when the conference schedule is good. ESPNU and 1 regional sports game (which I may be blacked out of again but keep your fingers crossed!) are better than nothing.

The conference tournament thing really irks me though. It does appear that the A-10 will try to sell games back to local TV but they will not be available nationally (CSTV will be showing C-USA and MWC games those days). The championship game will be on ESPN this year and that is a good move at least.

People have posted about the games on TV (I don't think there is anything new in this post), but I wanted to recap in a nice concise format:

11/11 - Saint Louis at Pittsburgh --6 pm Fox SportsNet Pittsburgh

12/15 - Southern Illinois at Saint Louis --7:30 pm ESPNU

1/10 - Saint Louisat George Washington --8 pm CSTV

1/17 - Rhode Island at Saint Louis--9 pm CSTV

2/7 - Xavier at Saint Louis --9 pm ESPN or ESPN2

2/17 - Saint Louis at Massachusetts --2pm CSTV

2/28 - Saint Louis at St. Joseph's --7 pm ESPN or ESPN2

Recap: 2 National ESPN games, 1 ESPNU "sports bar" game, 3 CSTV games, and at least one regional sports channel game. There may be more St. Louis local TV games.

Thanks for the concise list. I'm also assuming more games will be on regional braodcasts or webcasts. I am assuming the BC game will be televised somewhere. Last year, I saw Pacific and Loyola (i think) on webcast. My hope is to see at least half of our non-conference games one way or another. But it will probably take some work.

BTW, I saw this posted on the A-10 board, I think. I saved it awhile ago, so I'm hoping it still works. Just paste this into your web browser and you get CSTV.

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:55585

Thanks for the concise list. I'm also assuming more games will be on regional braodcasts or webcasts. I am assuming the BC game will be televised somewhere. Last year, I saw Pacific and Loyola (i think) on webcast. My hope is to see at least half of our non-conference games one way or another. But it will probably take some work.

BTW, I saw this posted on the A-10 board, I think. I saved it awhile ago, so I'm hoping it still works. Just paste this into your web browser and you get CSTV.

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:55585

I believe the Loyola game is televised on FOX-Chicago.

I know it also is listed on Direct TV Full Court but I didn't purchase it this year. Someone told me you maybe able to purchase and individual game. Has anyone who has Direst TV done this?

So no TV for the BC game? That's unfortunate.

Would it be considered disrespectful if I were to listen to the Billiken game during childbirth class that evening? 'Cause I gotta be at one on the night of the BC game.

Your wife better understand..........

If you gotta go to the classes there should be something in it for you.

Would it be considered disrespectful if I were to listen to the Billiken game during childbirth class that evening? 'Cause I gotta be at one on the night of the BC game.

I think it would be disrespectful to do otherwise.

What is the best option Dish or Direct TV?...I already have Dish but not with HD...Does Direct have more incentives?

Big Al,

Nice to see you posting. I have always enjoyed your posts.

I can only speak from the DirecTV side of things since I have only had that and never Dish. However, I did thoroughly

investigate both years ago when I first got satellite. At the time, there was no comparison between the two from a sports standpoint, but that was

years ago and things could have changed. I do know 3 people that switched from Dish to DirecTV in the past 12 months when they went to Hi-Def and they

went with DirecTV because of more sports options. So, take that for what it is.

Hahahahaha, the only disrespectful thing in that scenario is the class deciding to be on gameday, ha disrespectful

Can anyone tell me what CSTV is? Is this a cable network or what? Never heard of it before.

Thanks

CSTV is owned by by CBS,and it`s a cable channel.The A-10 has a contract with them,it`s a newer channel and if you have Directtv it comes with Sports Pack(all the Fox-Net,Fox-Midwest,West,MSN,Ohio,etc.)

People have posted about the games on TV (I don't think there is anything new in this post), but I wanted to recap in a nice concise format:

11/11 - Saint Louis at Pittsburgh --6 pm Fox SportsNet Pittsburgh

12/15 - Southern Illinois at Saint Louis --7:30 pm ESPNU

1/10 - Saint Louisat George Washington --8 pm CSTV

1/17 - Rhode Island at Saint Louis--9 pm CSTV

2/7 - Xavier at Saint Louis --9 pm ESPN or ESPN2

2/17 - Saint Louis at Massachusetts --2pm CSTV

2/28 - Saint Louis at St. Joseph's --7 pm ESPN or ESPN2

Recap: 2 National ESPN games, 1 ESPNU "sports bar" game, 3 CSTV games, and at least one regional sports channel game. There may be more St. Louis local TV games.

I did a quick search of our opponents' TV schedules.

The only games games scheduled to be televised to the home market of our opponent -- and not currently on the Billikens TV schedule -- are the two games with Dayton (1/12 and 1/30) and Charlotte (2/23.)

All else equal, these games are the easiest to add to the schedule since TV production crews and financials are already in place. Have no idea if any of these make it to the final TV schedule but it is possible. Will be interesting to see if any other games are added.

I did a quick search of our opponents' TV schedules.

I modified the TV summary above in response to Adman's comments. I have added CSTV produced games for "regional TV" and most probably the internets. He was right about the Dayton and Charlotte game (the other Dayton game may be just local Dayton produced) and I also added the home UMASS and Temple game.

I cannot find any evidence that the Loyola game will be on TV anywhere. See: http://loyolaramblers.cstv.com/sports/m-ba.../110107aaa.html

I modified the TV summary above in response to Adman's comments. I have added CSTV produced games for "regional TV" and most probably the internets. He was right about the Dayton and Charlotte game (the other Dayton game may be just local Dayton produced) and I also added the home UMASS and Temple game.

I cannot find any evidence that the Loyola game will be on TV anywhere. See: http://loyolaramblers.cstv.com/sports/m-ba.../110107aaa.html

I think some people believed Comcast Chicago would carry it again like last year. That won't be happening. CSN Chicago has the Bulls on that night.

First, Congrats Box! My little girl is 11 weeks old. I hope to hell yours doesn't have colic. Nothing will drive you insane quicker. Colic = hell squared.

Second, just push back the delivery by a couple of weeks and reschedule the class. ;) On second thought, your wife would definitely kill you. You stand a better chance of surviving if you listen to the game during the class!

First, Congrats Box! My little girl is 11 weeks old. I hope to hell yours doesn't have colic. Nothing will drive you insane quicker. Colic = hell squared.

Second, just push back the delivery by a couple of weeks and reschedule the class. ;) On second thought, your wife would definitely kill you. You stand a better chance of surviving if you listen to the game during the class!

Thanks! We're having a girl as well. My wife is generally pretty accomodating when it comes to Billiken hoops, but that might send her over the edge! I may have to just sneak a radio into class. Unfortunately, when I listen on the radio, I tend to swear and yell and pace about. The good news is that she may have a case that goes to trial that week, and if it does, I'm home free!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Loyola game is televised on FOX-Chicago.

I know it also is listed on Direct TV Full Court but I didn't purchase it this year. Someone told me you maybe able to purchase and individual game. Has anyone who has Direst TV done this?

I've purchased Full Court and I'm reasonably sure that they don't allow individual purchases from the package. That was last year so their policy may have changed this year.