Upgrading Recruiting

No way SLU finishes 3rd in the mvc last year. Creighton, SIU, Wichita State, and Missouri State were all better than us last year. We would have been 5th at best. I'm a billiken fan all the way and have been for a long time, but those teams were all better than us.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Missouri fan I just moved here from Florida. I love Billy donovan and the gators, and I love basketball. I told Thompson is going to be a nice player and I dont think he would be a impact player in the Big Ten or Big 12. I dont think Willie Reed is very good and I dont think Steve Moore is very good.

Reed was getting recruited hard by Missouri State. BTW Roy I was at the game last year when Reed tore his shirt off after a AAU game to show off his 190 lb physique and wanted to fight Kevin Love were you there? I may not know a lot about the A-10 but I have watched a few games in my day.

>We will disagree on the MVC vs A-10. Look at the tournament

>success over the last two years and please tell me how you

>see that A-10 is better. MVC has more teams in the tourney,

>more in the Sweet 16, more non conference wins. and a higher

>RPI.

In the past ten years, how many MVC teams have made it to the elite 8 vs. A-10 teams? I don't feel like posting it, so just look it up.

I am telling you SLU will be good havent said one thing about Missouri and I am giving you my opinion on players. I dont care what rivals has kids ranked. I would rather watch them myself. For example I was so mad when Florida signed Taurean Green. Top 100 player and thought he couldnt get it done at the next level. I was wrong. Most of the people on here havent seen a lot of kids play and look at rankings. I think SLU is getting the right level of kids right now.

>I am saying that Missouri hit rock bottom 2 years ago, and

>SLU won 20 games last year. We cant say that SLU was even

>better than Missouri if they played last year. About RM

>winning more NCAA games than Missouri has in their history

>doesnt make you a better program. Tom Davis has won more

>NCAA tournament games than RM and it didnt equate to success

>at Drake. I just think the A-10 is a mid major conference

>at best below the MVC. I think RM will get it done but I

>just dont see you getting players that would be impact in

>the BCS conferences. I hope I am wrong

Step into reality. We had a better RPI than the Mizlosers last and the year before, so why couldn't we beat you?

Our first two commits are ranked higher than the kid Mizzou got a commit from, so we are getting BCS players. Thompson had an offer from Indiana. Your recruit didn't have any offers that good.

I am saying right now that the MVC is better than the A-10. Okay I will change the argument I am going to say the A-10 os better than the MVC so I dont get banned on the board. The A-10 is a mid major conference and most of the time mid major conferences get mid major talent. That isnt a bad thing with the coach you have he will win. Missouri if they get mid major talent which they have right now they will get killed because they play in a hig major conference.

"the events in firing Brad late and then hiring RM, sure did not indicate to me that SLU had a well-thought out plan to hire a coach and/or lead the team into the new arena"

Actually, I feel its pretty obvious that this Spring Biondi did the analysis and realized that people weren't going to pay the high prices necessary to fund the new arena with Soderberg at the helm. He needed a big-name coach to sell the program, knew that RM was available and pulled the trigger. Was it a risk? Sure. But probably not as risky in his mind as keeping BS on staff and continuing to see this program slip into perpetual mediocrity and being unable to fill the new arena.

Vee - I believe it has been posted more than once on this board that until Josh H. gets his release from WI he can not sign until the 2009 recruiting session.

Tiger72 - if I went on the Mizzou board and said I am Billiken72 do you think they would believe me that I am not a SLU fan - get real! If you love FL so much then why not be Gator72? Think about your post name and use a little common sense if you really are what you say you are.

Clocktower - I bet the 2700 seat donation seats sell very well. I also think you will see an uptick in attendance this year by as much as 2k if the Bills get off to a decent start.

If you are anything other than a flaming idiot, please be advised that none of us here will ever subscribe to your condescending bull poop. Mid major talent, mid major conference, MVC talent. Your terminology is offensive to most. If you must sling poo, maybe try BCS and non-bcs. If you must flame, please remember that your mid major coach has never been to a national championship game as our high major coach has been. The labels are almost as stupid as the trolls who fling them.......

we beat missouri state. and just by watching that game i dont consider missouri state's talent any better.

i am giving you creighton and siu. wichita state lost a lot of easy games they shouldnt have.

congrats, you too have been bought by the mvc rpi and media blitz.

if the mvc was so much better, the tourney committee sure didnt see it that way.

so because a high school junior to be did something stupid in an aau game (all the more proof that aau is worthless if they let kids get out of control like such) that proves something?

tiger said,

"I have said nothing bad about the billikens except that the conference sucks which RM agrees."

please post a link where RICK MAJERUS (not bernie m or randy k or some other reporter) was quoted as saying such?

you continue to post total ignorance and arrogance and stamp the mark of a true tiger fan.

>Surprised a lot of you guys took the bait on this.

>Obviously, Tiger72 is a pot stirrer. Granted, BCS'ers get

>the bulk of top 100 talent, but I don't see Mizzery landing

>many of those kids. Suggs recruitment will be telling. If he

>selects SLU, RM will have landed a biggie, and Mizzery fans

>will be shaking in their boots.

Actually, I agree with much of what Tiger72 is saying. Majerus doesn't need a team full of Suggs' to win, and won't always get that level of recruit.

I do believe SLU can get higher level recruits than the MVC can, on more ocassions. Meaning, MVC isn't going to recruit over higher profile schools most of the time. SLU has the STL area and region that will produce higher level players more often(though not that often) and SLU will contend for some of these higher level players though not all. And this is because of Majerus.

Even with Majerus, SLU still plays in a a non-BCS league. And there will always be kids who by-pass SLU because of that alone, understandably. Also, the tv deal. One example, 100% of the Big East conference games will be shown on one of the ESPN networks next year. The Big Ten is getting its own network. Competeing with that type of stuff is too much for SLU on a regular basis, but sometimes, with local kids, sure.

SLU72 you and others fly off of the handle when the word Mizzou or Tiger is shown everywhere. Mizzou will be getting high level players and be competitive on a high level moving forward. I know it kills you, but that is just how it is going to be moving forward. That's also better for SLU.

Perhaps with newfound budget and Arena and salaries, people should be putting dollar signs in $lu? There are good and bad fans everywhere with every team. You admittedly in your posts label all Mizzou fans(wow I wrote that without dollar signs or saying Mizzery, hope you can take it) as the extreme from tigerboard. That's pretty silly. They get 50-60k for football games. Thousands of others who don't use message boards....And how many post on tigerboard?

Tiger72 should be informed that all Mizzou posts should include the word Mizzery and dollar signs here and also that this is the SLU/Illinois board.

you keep saying slu needs "mvc type players". obviously this is your way of saying they have no business trying to recruit the likes of scott suggs, or kevin lisch or tommie liddell.

i.e. slu cant run wih the big dogs. your arrogance is annoying, but it comes at a time when others were wondering why we hate tiger fans, and that makes your presense convienent. thanks.

courtside, when i put a $ in mi$$ouri, it is because of their past history of cheating. your interpretion to put a $ in slu would show slu is doing what it takes to raise funds and interest to move up to the next level. big difference.

>I believe it has been posted more than once on this

>board that until Josh H. gets his release from WI he can not

>sign until the 2009 recruiting session.

And I have posted, more than once, that that is incorrect. The bylaws of the NLI (national letter of intent) state that it is nullified once the recruit spends his freshman season at a non-Division I school (i.e., a juco or prep school). (That is why Tommie Liddell had to recommit and re-sign after he went to Hargrave.)

Josh Harrellson's NLI prevents him from reneging on his commitment to W. Illinois to attend some other Div. I school this year. Well, he's not attending a Div. I school this year, and he is legally released from his obligation to W. Illinois. He can now transfer wherever he likes and have three years of eligibility.

>you keep saying slu needs "mvc type players". obviously

>this is your way of saying they have no business trying to

>recruit the likes of scott suggs, or kevin lisch or tommie

>liddell.

>

>i.e. slu cant run wih the big dogs. your arrogance is

>annoying, but it comes at a time when others were wondering

>why we hate tiger fans, and that makes your presense

>convienent. thanks.

By his own admission, he is not a Missouri tiger fan, yet to you he is an example of why you hate Missouri tiger fans. You don't need a reason to hate Missouri fans, but if you are going to use an example, it would make more sense to use an actual Missouri tiger fan.

Both that he is a Tiger fan and that he isn't one both in this thread. I think he was being honest when he said he is a Tiger fan. But I think it is actually Randy K posting, so if Bernie tells him this afternoon that he should be an Illinois fan he will then become an Illinois fan. Bernie will then reward him for his good behavior with a doggy snack.

Wow I never knew how sensitive people could be about basketball. I said that I didnt think SLU would get impact BCS players. I also said that the MVC is better than the A-10 which I respect your argument. I said RM can win with top 150-300 players which most coaches cant. That being said I didnt say one word about the tigers. I actually said that I want SLU and Missouri both to be good and I get killed on this board. I am looking at 3 players in the Saint Louis area that have a chance to be impact players at BCS schools. Suggs, Bradenburg, and Griffey if RM get one of these players I am wrong. If he doenst then I have a point is all I am saying. I think it hurts recruiting when you're not in a major conference most of the time.