Upgrading Recruiting

I've been reading some of the posts recommending that the Billikens should wrap up their recruiting year with Roth, Harrison, John or Perry. I would like to sign Perry and of course Suggs but shouldn't RM be able to attract better talent than the others that are often mentioned?

If we have the national coach that I think we have I think we should aim higher. There is still lots of time left. Let's see how things work out. Let's not settle for second tier recruits yet. I say try to get Perry and Suggs to commit but if they don't let's wait a bit. There is no reason to settle for plan B recruits until much later this summer. Some of you on this board are in too much of a hurry to wrap up this recruiting class. We can do better. Have some patience.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you seen any of them play? I'm not saying we should wrap it up or wait. I'd say no one knows more than RM who he wants and why. I choose to just trust in his decisions. Just going by what I hear about Roth, if he wants to come I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

The Billikens need to get good MVC players to compete in the Atlantic-10. It will be very tough to get kids outside of Missouri that would be impact players in the Big 10 and the Big 12. Roth would be a nice player and he is getting recruited by the MVC. Does Perry have grades? I think Billikens fans will be disappointed if they think they will beat out Weber and Anderson for players on a regular basis

tiger72 said,

"I just think the Atlantic-10 is a joke and it will hurt SLU recruiting."

mi$$ouri wouldnt have finished in the top 8 of the a-10 last season.

the a-10 was a lot better than the rpi portrayed. anyone that saw xaiver, george washington, umass, st joes, slu, dayton, fordham and rhode island last year knows they were very capable teams that would have all finished at worst third in the mvc last year.

no doubt the mvc has the rpi thing figured out. kudos to doug elgin and shame on linda bruno.

I wouldn't be too proud of that. Quin Snyder took Mizzou to rock bottom. Two years ago was the worst tiger season in thirty years. This last season they were on the way back up but Anderson hasn't gotten them there yet. I would hope SLU finished better than Mizzou those two years. Mizzou should be a tournament team this year and finish somewhere 2-6 in the Big 12.

I think it will be a lot harder for SLU to finish higher in the rpi this season. Though it would help if I knew who SLU was playing. I don't know Mizzou's full schedule either but they have a good start with the CBE Classic (Maryland, Michigan State, and UCLA), Purdue, @Mississippi State, @Arkansas, Illinois(In St. Louis), and @California.

I've thought SLU would be a tournament team each of the last two years and we have failed to reach that level. Maybe things will be different with Majerus but because we will be adjusting to a new coach and we always seem to fall short I am just going to hope the Billikens make the tournament rather than expect it this season.

As I have said before I root for both SLU and Mizzou and I think both programs are headed in the right direction. I can't wait till basketball season starts.

Majerus has received commitments from three players who are top 35 in the country for their position, one of whom is a top 80 four-star recruit. All three players are considered rising prospects who will grow and improve over the next year or two. SLU hasn't received a commitment this early in the recruiting period or from any recruit rated as high as these three in many, many years.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but the immediate and drastic improvement in recruiting is nothing shy of amazing.

I am saying that Missouri hit rock bottom 2 years ago, and SLU won 20 games last year. We cant say that SLU was even better than Missouri if they played last year. About RM winning more NCAA games than Missouri has in their history doesnt make you a better program. Tom Davis has won more NCAA tournament games than RM and it didnt equate to success at Drake. I just think the A-10 is a mid major conference at best below the MVC. I think RM will get it done but I just dont see you getting players that would be impact in the BCS conferences. I hope I am wrong

slu showed on a poor night last year they were at least as good if not better than missouri state, the third place team in the mvc.

the top 8 teams in the a-10 would have all finished higher than missouri state in the mvc.

the mvc is better by rpi rankings, but if the top 8 teams of each conference would match up, the a-10 would hammer the hell out of the mvc over all.

so if you are admitting the tigers are still a work in progress

(Much easier to turn around a team in a mid major conference than in a BCS conference.)

how do you have the gall to come to our message board and talk trash?

as i said above, people wonder why we hate tiger fans.

"the mvc is better by rpi rankings, but if the top 8 teams of each conference would match up, the a-10 would hammer the hell out of the mvc over all."

I don't know if they would or not but it would be great if some kind of MVC/A10 challenge could be set up. Even if it was just the top four or five teams it would be entertaining.

I am not a Missouri fan I just love basketball. To say the Atlantic 10 is better than MVC is crazy. Look at the recent success. You beat MSU and got beat by SBU, and Duquesne. Thompson is a great get, but I am not sure he is a impact player in the Big 10 or the Big 12. He will be an impact in the A-10. Mitchell would have went to UWGB or Loyola if he doenst go to SLU. RM will make him a good player and Reed is a project that had a offer from MSU and in no way a impact Big 12 player. RM is a great coach and needs MVC talent to win or even lesser talent.

I am giving Rm lots of credit and I want the Billikens to win. I am not comparing Tom Davis to RM. I am saying that tournament wins doesnt equate to wining at a new job. All I said is I didnt think SLU would beat out BCS schools for players and I get killed. I think all RM needs is MVC to have great success at SLU and that is what he is recruiting.