Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I guy I was watching the Blues game with last night said that Gordon released a Top 3 schools recently despite the fact that he committed to us.  He said it was SLU, Kansas, and Missouri.  Anyone know if there is any truth to this?  I freely admit, that he might have been full of it.

That got started on powermizzou - somebody bumped an old thread and people started running with it because they didn't look at the date it was originally posted - it was from last fall.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HenryB said:

That got started on powermizzou - somebody bumped an old thread and people started running with it because they didn't look at the date it was originally posted - it was from last fall.

That's pretty hilarious. Reminds me of the five-year-old celebrity obituaries that go viral on Facebook.

19 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I guy I was watching the Blues game with last night said that Gordon released a Top 3 schools recently despite the fact that he committed to us.  He said it was SLU, Kansas, and Missouri.  Anyone know if there is any truth to this?  I freely admit, that he might have been full of it.

-you think if this really happened it would go unmentioned on here?

On 4/18/2017 at 0:48 PM, TheChosenOne said:

I am being really unproductive today and found that Rivals has updated their rankings for 2018. Some kids of note:

-Bol Bol - #7 (5 star) - Manute Bol's son who played in the KC area, but now at Mater Dei. Plays with Cal Supreme (with Shaq's son apparently who is ranked #16)

-Darius Garland - #8 (5 star) - plays with Bradley Beal Elite

-Jontay Porter - #23 (5 star) - plays with MOKAN Elite

-Carte'Are Gordon - #24 (5 star) - SLU commit - plays with MOKAN Elite

-Courtney Ramey - #29 (4 star) - plays with Ramey-Jets United

-Ayo Dosunmu - #30 (4 star) - plays with the Mac Irvin Fire

-Tim Finke - #88 (4 star) - plays with Meanstreets (played with the Eagles last spring)

-Torrence Watson - #100 (4 star) - plays with Ramey-Jets United

-Jordan Lathon (from Grandview, MO) - #138 (3 star) - plays with Team Rush

-Karrington Davis - #145 (3 star) - plays with Bradley Beal Elite

Rankings only go to 150, no Fred Thatch. Session #1 of the EYBL is this weekend, so hopefully we can get some info on how things are going for him with Bradley Beal Elite.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018

I'll be at the EYBL session tonight. I'll SEE THE KIDS PLAY against high level talent. I'll also stalk Ford to see what games he watches. A few years ago, Crews and Bronson just followed the Eagles (Tatum) around all weekend. It will be interesting to see if Ford follows Brad Beale Elite or moves around. 

Last year, French was on the PSA Cardinals and he didn't even stand out because his team was so stacked. Ford has offered so many guys it will be impossible to watch them all. I'm most interested in watching how Thatch plays against high D1 talent.....also watching Marvin Bagley again. He plays basketball like you play nerf ball on the back of your bedroom door. Must be nice to be 6'11".

Carte'Are Gordon is playing with Brad Beal Elite this spring, so they are pretty stacked with Gordon/Wiseman/Okoro in the post and Garland running the show in addition to kids like Karrington Davis, Joe Reece, Fred Thatch, Shaun Williams, Jericole Hellems, and Kale Catchings. That is a really deep team, but not many true guards, so Thatch should see a lot of time playing more in that role.

19 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Carte'Are Gordon is playing with Brad Beal Elite this spring, so they are pretty stacked with Gordon/Wiseman/Okoro in the post and Garland running the show in addition to kids like Karrington Davis, Joe Reece, Fred Thatch, Shaun Williams, Jericole Hellems, and Kale Catchings. That is a really deep team, but not many true guards, so Thatch should see a lot of time playing more in that role.

Also really good news he's playing with Thatch!

58 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Where are you seeing/hearing that he switched from Mokan to BBE? I don't see anything on twitter about this.

16 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Did he do that so he could play with Thatch? That would be refreshing to see and prove his commitment to SLU

This is a nice effect of him switching, but not one of the main factors, probably. I think it was in the best interest of everyone to have him closer to home playing with BBE.

2 hours ago, 757billiken said:

I'll be at the EYBL session tonight. I'll SEE THE KIDS PLAY against high level talent. I'll also stalk Ford to see what games he watches. A few years ago, Crews and Bronson just followed the Eagles (Tatum) around all weekend. It will be interesting to see if Ford follows Brad Beale Elite or moves around. 

Last year, French was on the PSA Cardinals and he didn't even stand out because his team was so stacked. Ford has offered so many guys it will be impossible to watch them all. I'm most interested in watching how Thatch plays against high D1 talent.....also watching Marvin Bagley again. He plays basketball like you play nerf ball on the back of your bedroom door. Must be nice to be 6'11".

This is great. Would love to get an update and scouting report here based on what you see this weekend.

17 minutes ago, bauman said:

I wonder why the roster shows Thatch as committed to SLU, but not Gordon?  Should this be a red flag?

No, it looks like they really don't do the best job of updating that site.  Gordon is still listed on the MOKAN roster on that site to and Jontay Porter isn't listed as a Mizzou commit.

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

No, it looks like they really don't do the best job of updating that site.  Gordon is still listed on the MOKAN roster on that site to and Jontay Porter isn't listed as a Mizzou commit.

Right, no reason for concern. Porter is not a Mizzou commit though as far as I know.

42 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The Beagles take on the NY Rens featuring Kofi Cockburn tonight at the Boo Williams Elite Challenge.

The schedule lists this game as at the Boo Williams Sports Plex.  Where is that?