Ok Guys, we are solo Third Place...

What we need to concentrate on is winning the A10 Tourney. That is the ONLY way we get into the Big Dance. We have a bye no matter what we do VS Lasalle. My only hope is that we don't get Dayton in the 1st game of the A10 Tourney...they do have our number this year.

We have secured a bye for ourselves. In my opinion which seed is immaterial as it only decides (most likely) at which point will you play GW. We wanted to win this game for pride, to keep the momentum going, for Sr. night, to win a close OT game. But that didn't happen it doens't have an effect on our making it to the tournament as our only real hope was winning the A10 Tourney anyway. To be positive maybe it will be a good wake up call for us to get back on the transition D and not give up easy buckets. At least I hope so but I'm optimistic.

Dayton shot so well and outrebounded us they were hot.

... is now ours to lose outright. We lose to La Salle and we both finish 10 and 6 and they have the head-to-head based on that win.

The good news is that the four is a wrap as the fifth place teams all have seven losses already. So we will draw the first round bye but stand a very good chance of going into the tourney on the downside with two consecutive losses.

We had it. For you young-uns, this is the cross to bear as Billiken fans ... there is no such thing as a laugher. What works at other places ... senior night, opponent hasn't won a road conference game all year, next to last place dregs ... doesn't play when you're a Bills fan.

There ain't no bubble to worry about. Never was. But if you didn't believe that, losing at home to Dayton seals the deal. Only way to the Big Dance is going 4 and 0 from here on out. I know 3 and 1 would work providing the loss is to La Salle but can that be accomplished going into the tourney on a two-loss downer?

Hint: as I said, we are the Bills. What does that tell you???

These are the kind of chokes that must be eliminated if we are to rise above the rabble and be a consistent above-average program. This is unacceptable.

This was the Bill season in a nut shell wasn't it? I mean, there capable of beating or losing to just about anyone. Their perimeter defense was severely lacking in the first half and their individual defense was poor most of the game. IV was ineffective in the second half. The last second shot was questionable but I'm not going to quible about that.

It seemed liked the run they made in the first half was with DB in the game and then in the second half DP got all the time. Any one have any thoughts on that? Especially with IV out at times and DP in there are offense was pretty obivious at times. Just a thought.

If I have looked at the standings correct,it has Xavier in 5th place,I want no part of X,the Musketeers seem to have a knack for ripping our hearts out,so we NEED the Lasalle game,and 3rd,because they will be tough in the A-10 tourney.

The SLU run in the first half was with Danny Brown in there. Then he was largely back on the bench in the second half.

At one point in the second half, Coach Soderberg was trying to play Polk and Liddell at the same time with Luke Meyer, and Dayton was not guarding any of them on the outside, which allowed Dayton to pack it in on Vouyoukas.

>but DB failed to finish in transition twice...once on the

>charge (which was a pretty obvious lead with the forearm)

>and once off the front of the rim...can't he dunk?

Bluecrewfinance,

you had a better view on the charge than me. It just seemed like we went on a nice run with DB in the game and while DP was good at times, especially on D, we suffered at times on offense and we could have used DB breaking down his man and opening up shots for others.

At least in the early part of the 2nd half it seemed like our offense went south of the border. That is a good point about Dwayne and Tommie being in the game for what seemed like long stretches as neither has a jump shot so that means Dayton can double down on Ian making him ineffective. Heck he had what 15 in the first half and what in the 2nd??? It was a little curious the Danny did not get a chance after having a decent 1st half. Polk brought energy and from what the Dayton dude said played good D.

I agree that he changed things and that we started working the ball up the floor more...but he definitely did lead with his arm.

That said, at least he was willing to take the ball down the heart of the lane AND he drilled an open three on the wing. I like seeing him in the game, DB changes things.

Hint: as I said, we are the Bills. What does that tell

you???

These are the kind of chokes that must be eliminated if we

are to rise above the rabble and be a consistent

above-average program. This is unacceptable.

Damn how can you call this a choke. The kids fell behind by more than 15 points in the 1st half, fought back, took a two point lead at the break. All of this mind you despite Tommie giving the team nothing offensively, Kevin Lisch playing so-so, Luke Meyer literally hitting the side of a barn.

Our kids took the game into overtime when they could have very well lost the game in regulation.This is unacceptable to you. Please this team is one year ahead of schedule with a very bright future. The kids choked? The officiating choked on that bogus call. The best officiating occurs when you don't notice the officials. Can anyone claim the officials didn't take a dominate role in the outcome of this game?

brown got first shot at the time in the second half. started the second half, which surprised me as coach soderberg normally goes back to the starting lineup for the second half. however, it wasnt the same danny brown as the first half brown. then when polk came in he made the two nice drives and was harrassing the hell out of roberts to the point i dont think you could take him out.

there was so much jeckle and hyde stuff last night it was making me dizzy. ian plays the first ten minutes sleep walking then all at once he was a mad man for the rest of the half. he then came out the second half sleeping again and this time didnt wake up.

i thought liddell was more ineffective last night then he has been in any other game at home. he had a few liddell like moments, but too often was out of position and just not creating.

lisch had one of the worst defensive nights i have ever seen him have. he helped when he shouldnt have a number of times and thus gave scott another open look. he had one foul when the shot clock was under 10 that just was silly. at that point we dont need to gamble on a steal. just play out the 10 seconds and odds are dayton throws up something desparate. he also came out the second half somewhat slow and lazy offensively. lucky for us he did wake up down the stretch, but still not a typical lisch night.

our rebounding indeed was horrible. there is no reason that team should dominate us on the boards. but they have in both games now.

just a weird game. i still dont understand the ending. lisch with some sort of telepathic foul from 5-10 feet away is all i got out of it. the refs didnt lose the game for us, but damn, why would anyone make that call with 6 seconds to go?

if anyone gave a full effort last night, imo it was drejaj. too bad his probable last home game had to end like that.

weird night.

i thought the brown charge was a horrible call. brown and the dayton defender were both running towards the basket. i agree brown lowered his shoulder, but that is somewhat a natural motion when going up for a layup. there was no what that guy was even in front of brown let alone set. horrible.

i did notice in the box score, roberts had 12 rebounds! all of them defensively. i.e. polk didnt phase roberts in that aspect apparently.

on would at least think the player being fouled and the player fouling would have to be closer together than 10 feet. however, possibly this foul occured sometime in the first half and the ref suddenly realized he forgot to blow his whistle. that makes more sense. what's most important is he got the call right.

Jale, even with Tommie and Kevin's skill level being high, this team is a full season and a half ahead of schedule. Last night was a perfect illustration of the team's mental toughness - they persevered despite being blown out and fought through to an overtime. They had three critical defensive stops when they were needed, and it sounds like they actually had a fourth stop, excepting the phantom foul.

Most posters don't realize how tough it is to be a freshman, giving up 20-30 pounds and a couple years, trying to guard a mature DI guard. The lack of consistency that has dogged us all season long resides in players besides Tommie and Kevin. We need two players a year to buy into making substantial improvements, and we will be at the plateau we all desire.

Before the season started, I stated the critical player for thisseason would be JJ, and it turns out I was correct. If JJ had improved to the point he could be entrusted with 15-20 minutes a game, we would be dancing. Instead, we tred water early until Meyer got healthy, and then we turned the corner with an established team defense and a decent ball movement offense.

Maybe everyone can now see just how vital an outside shooter is to this team. We need a shooter/scorer to clear the paint for Ian to operate, and for Tommie to distribute from the FT line. Tommie was the only one who could make the center entry pass last night with the Dayton matchups.

Speaking of outside shooting I'm worried about Luke. I'm not convinced that he can shoot it enough to be next years starting 3 man.Don't forget we lose Dreja,someone who can shoot the 3 and help open up the middle. I still hope that Danny Brown can be that guy.

You are absolutely right. The one thing about this young team is that they never quit! When we were down 29-15 with 7 minutes to go in the first half I was really concerned. But we played tough defense and scrapped back into the game. No way could anyone say we "choked" this game. That is ridiculous! Welcome to the idiots of the internet!!!

It was horrible. Of course you are going to lead with your shoulder you are going in for a layup. It may have been the worst call I've ever seen. The walk on TL right in front of me. He stopped dead, pivoted a couple of times looking to pass. He was absolutely stable. How about the push on Tommi's layup ... two hands in the back in the open court. What else were they looking at.

I just don't think refs can be that bad. I will always believe there is a bias

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

billiken rich said,

"Would Lance and Dustin be greater than or equal to Vashun and AD????"

tougher question than one would think imo. drejaj brought a lot to the table that cant be measured in statistics. i dont see either of those recruits/potential recruits having that intensity. however, both far out shoot both vashun and anthony hands down. if someone can convince me that stemler can defend and rebound, then i would jump on the bandwagon as there is no doubt he is a scorer.