Who is everyone?

davidnark

Rob A.

SLU Grad 00' Poli. Sci.

Sigma Chi just helped raise a little over $2,500 from our Alumni with Box&Won and ChicagoBill for an Arena Brick.

Ex-Field Artillery Officer, US Army; which is the same branch that Coach K was in therefore, that gives me extra credibility as the Lead Basketball Analyst for Billikens.com.

Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet

Married to SLU Grad 00, ex-Baby Blue

Now, federal employee in DFW, TX area

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou Callen

VP @ a major financial firm.

Long time Bills fan. Season ticket holder and B-Club since 1990. Sec 117

The Wiz refers to a basketball handicapping program I use called The Wizard. It is generally pretty accurate. (89% Bills--83% overall) Point spreads are usually fairly close.

Enjoy reading the posts when I have time.

BTW, The Wiz is predicting an upset Thur.

BILLS BY 1.

BA - Communication, 1997

MBA - 2001

Member, Sigma Chi Fraternity, Student Government Association and SLU Golf Team (j/k)

Season ticket holder since 2002 (the first year I didn't qualify for student tickets!), first year Billiken Club member. Billiken fan for as long as I can remember.

Work as a copywriter for the in-house creative department of a local financial services firm. I'm trying to take on more freelance writing projects and hope to be a full-time freelancer someday.

Engaged to be married in September, live in South St. Louis. Fervent supporter of downtown St. Louis.

>>Seem as many if not more than any writer covering the local scene.

>

>Is this a (poorly written) shot?

>

>I could name several people who have seen more and know more

>than you. Nice try, though.

Yes, I made an error in the post, but there arent many who have seen more high school this year and maybe the last 5 years, and I respect you Nate and know that you've seen more than me and I'm one of your biggest supporters. I always come to you for advice and send you the drafts of my sports columns. I aspire to do what you do in some capacity and hope we can meet someday and I would've met you at the Bonner League game that day, but something came up.

Larry Giovanni, Class of '74, C&F. Started going to SLU games very early - Bennington was a fellow St. Luker, so I've been going regularly since I was 7 or 8. I still think the old Kiel was the greatest place to watch b-ball (Billikens or Hawks). Played baseball for all four years and even was ass't coach for a couple under Tom Dix (best baseball man the school ever produced), and was elected to the Greater St. Louis Amateur Baseball HOF (mostly because of Tom).

Rarely missed a basketball game as a student and have had season tickets for 20 or so years and have been up in 103 Row CC ever since Kiel/Savvis opened.

Class of 1970.MBA 1972.Stockbroker. Past President of Tip Off Club.I have missed maybe 3 home games since 1966.The only home game missed since 1970 was the day I had knee surgery. Better golfer than Roy. The Shoe's are my sons. SLU has all of my money. Once hit a 3 pt. shot to win a free trip to Florida.

Kevin Schuman. Class of 99. Work in Clayton at an Institutional Fixed Income Manager but fly to Chicago every weekend to be with my wife who is 3.5 years into her 5 year residency at Loyola. Will likely move back to St. Louis permanently at that point. Have been going to games since I was a baby and have only missed home games for my own highschool games and now my weekends in Chicago. Son of Willie and brother of SShoe. Still remember posting on Narks old board with the basketball court background. Best billiken memories include: running on the court when SLU beat Depaul to go to the NIT Final four, running on the court after the Kansas and Louisville games, being stopped by security when trying to run on the court in Memphis. I'm not to old to run on the court against Gonzaga...

>should start working on their credibility.

A lot of people have blamed me for getting VTIME banned. Whether or not that's the case, I don't care.

What people forget is that VTIME was a troll who only visited message boards (several of them, actually) to push his agendas and try to pester regular posters and discussions with nonsense.

He wasn't only suspended from this site, but also banned from the STLToday.com message boards as well.

He's the same person he always was. Now, he's playing nice and trying to contribute rationally to the message boards rather than just trying to start trouble. I always suggested he could contribute to the boards with his knowledge of the area scene, but he wasn't trying to do that before.

- Nate

billiphan said,

"Anyone who wants to meet me and buy me a beer can do so tomorrow night. I'll be available throughout the game."

and i guess every vendor and usher would know where to find billiphan so we can get the beverage to you?

That's a great question Roy. Actually at this point I'm unsure where my seats will be tomorrow night since I'll be with the Mentor St. Louis program. We've been given vouchers to use. I'm pretty sure we're in the upper bowl. I'll try to leave a message for Vtime and have him spread the word.

Sam Glines

Senior Manager with Accenture. Live in Brentwood. Work in Chicago during the week with a major food company. Chaminade '91, SLU '95 Accounting/MIS. Phi Delta Theta. Lived in the Phi Delt beautfiul house @ 3824 Lindell before we were temporarily kicked off campus by an administration that always had it in for us.

Been attending games with my dad since i was probably 2. Season tickets are in sec 102 row BB. lived through the old kiel/arena/savvis days. Was lucky to be a student during the highmark/clagget/waldman years.

Golf (12 hcap), Trading/Investments, cardinals/billikens are my hobbies

Two shameless plugs:

www.zentrades.com (owner/operator)

http://www.boogaloorestaurant.com (minority investor) Great, great food, you all need to check us out!

Aaron

24, soon to be 25 next week.

BS '03

Grad School '05

Supporter since the first years of Erwin and Scott, and lover of EVERY team since. Season tickets in 105 E I believe seats 5 and 6. Can't wait to watch the Bills finish out this season and head on to build a great program once again.

Hater of Quin Snyder(not necessarily MU), NBA, and The Landing.

Ok golfer, ok basketball player, love south city and all the little bars in it. Meet me for a beer anytime!

Dan Radley, Wisconsin-Oshkosh Class of 78 (MA 84)

Junior and Senior High School Band Director.Former Girls and Boys HS varsity hoops coach (Bennett disciple), and referee.

Never been to a Bills game, became a fan when Brad was hired. Brad has a distant relative(or so she thinks)in my school district in NW Wisconsin.

Hoops junkie. Will watch a college game anywhere, anytime. UW Badger fan first, Wash St. second, Bills and UWGB and UWM come in there next!

Always take my two personal days on the Thursday and Friday of The Big Dance 1st and 2nd rounds.

Golf all summer.

Daryl Houghton graduated SLU in 1991. Insurance adjuster. Married with 3 kids, living in Overland, MO. Originally from small town NE and followed Creighton growing up. No season tickets, probably not until kids get older, Rose 6, Thomas 4 and Angie 7+ months.