Lisch Update

crymdg2

Just heard some news over the weekend that he is walking on his own without crutches or anything. He is still limping a little though so he can't really run on it yet. He is shooting 1000 free throws a day and will be ready to go come October he said. Just wanted to pass on some good news.

>He is

>shooting 1000 free throws a day and will be ready to go come

>October he said.

I am impressed that he is shooting a 1000 Free Throws a day. However, as Roy has expressed concern about earlier. I am praying he isn't rushing it.

kshoe, i have been watching kevin since he was 7 years old playing basketball and i can tell you that the shootout was probably his worst game i have ever seen him play. nothing that happened that night was typical kevin lisch.

I can see that happening. When we chose not to offer Ahern some people made a stink, but I would tell people (after reading Roy's reports and getting to Brad to smile and wink with how good he is) that there is

a young man in Belleville and too be patient. If in some folks mind Ahern is a 10, then KL is a 25:-)

I think too many posters are putting super high expectation on Kevin Lisch. He is an excellent high school player, but he needs to prove he can do it at the college level on a regular basis. I expect him to be successful, but he will take a bridge across the river....he won't walk across. Kevin will score buckets and play tough defense, but he's true value may be how he helps his teammates get improved results with his passing, playmaking and work ethic.

I watched KL a number of times last season, most of his games were very good. However, to show he was human.....in Kentucky against Chicago Hales he went 7-21 and 1-5 from the 3pt line. Against Peoria at Collinsville, he went 8-20, 5-8 from 3, and 5-9 from the free-throw line. He missed the front end of two 1 and 1's in the last minute.

Again, Lisch is a superb player.....but please allow him some mistakes!

I'm not surprised he could make 970 out of 1000. It's easier to knock free throws down when you're just shooting them over and over again. It's totally different when you just walk up to the line and take two in front of 10,000 people.I bet JJ Reddick probably shoots 100 free throws and makes 99.

IMHO - I don't believe Kevin is the 3 point shooter now that Reddick is. Not to say that he can't be in the future.

As tseugnekillib said previously, let's not set our hopes to high for Kevin. He will be a GREAT addition to the Bills lineup, but he isn't going to take us to the Final 4 all by himself.

Any comparisons to a national player of the year candidate is LUDICROUS! Seriously people, I am looking forward to seeing him play as much as the next person, but he hasn't even stepped a foot on the floor yet. Stop annoitting him as the second coming.

Besides one poster on this thread asking if he was a similar player to Redick and another expressing his belief that Lisch will eventually take us to the promised land, I haven't seen anyone doing that. There are always going to be a handful of posters on any sports message board who go a little overboard in their expectations for a player. This board is actually more realistic than most.

There have been a few posters over the year that have been expressing great expectations for KL and TL - I think it is fine for people to do that on the Board but when you are actually projecting the team's performance, it is faulty thinking. I do believe we can easily try to compare the two to the Claggett and Highmark duo - from what I have heard about KL and TL, I would be lead to believe that they are better so I am willing to raise my expectations particularily once I see them actually play together on the court in a Bill's uniform.

if lisch and liddell dont turn out to be better than claggett and highmark by the time they are seniors, i will be extremely disappointed. i feel they will be better freshmen than claggett and highmark were as freshmen.

I was never comparing Lisch to Reddick, that's crazy...I was only suggesting that it is easier to shoot free throws for a high percentage when you're doing it over and over and over again. I used Reddick as an example because i think he's something like a 94% free throw shooter, but when he's just practicing free throws, I'd bet he's more like 98 or 99%. That was it.

i took box's question to mean if kevin was the same style of player as reddick not his equal yet at this point in his carreer.

i agree with davidlee who mentioned that kevin is not as good of a shooter. imo, reddick is one of the best college shooters i have ever seen.

that said, reddick is not a physical player. when on occasion i have seen reddick attempt to slash to the basket, it has normally resulted in reddick laying on the floor crying for a foul.

kevin on the other hand is a very good slasher. 3 star has compared him to kwame garris who played point guard for the illini in the late 90's. stylewise that does make more sense, however, i feel kevin is a better shooter right now than garris ever was.