How far we have fallen

cheeseman

Oh how far we have fallen this year - the Post did not even bother to do an article on the SLU/Souther Miss. game today. All they did was put in a small chart following the national college basketball article listing the starting line ups for both teams. This is a terrible turn of events - this season has been a disaster not only from a record but PR.

Not that far really. We went games without game day articles last year and the year before. The Post doesn't love us. I despise the Post. Granted with no hockey and with the Rams done there are a bunch of under-employed sports writers over there. What kind of article would you want? There isn't much positive to say about either the Bills or the Golden Eagles.

"Two crummy teams to play basketball tonight in a highschool gym in a Mississippi backwater town"

By Stu Durando

The 3-12 Billikens square off tonight against the high-flying attack of the 4 guard Golden Eagle offense.........

That would sell a bunch of papers

Now, lets not get in a big uproar over this. Last month when Mizzou played American (I believe) there was no gameday article. True, it wasn't a conference game, but its been known to happen when writers need a day off, or whatever.

i couldnt care less what the post covered for a school that was hundreds of miles away. they dont cover iowa or siu either. but they need to cover the local team. how many articles do we have today on rams football and cardinal baseball and they arent even in season? i dont know the answer, as i dont subscribe. but i am betting they have at least one article each if not more.

this is the e-mail address of the guy that i think is stu's boss. i just sent him an e-mail describing my disappointment for no article today. i think the fact that currrently there are no blues, rams, or cardinal games in progress and apparently the post saw fit to run a paid advertisement article for personal trainers instead or covering the home team, justifies bombarding this guy with some thoughts.

again the guy's address is: [email protected]

billikan, that is substantially less than what we have received for games in the past. obviously our coverage was cut.

Stu really busted his a** on the internet blurb. Nothing about SO Miss except for some former MCD's all american whose on his fourth team. Furthermore, and I check the PD site everday, we've had one column on the bills since the beginning of the year. Pathetic. The only way to turn around everything, i.e. attendance, spirit, publicity,TV time, enthusiasm, recruiting, respect is to win baby...just win. I was over on the Charlotte board yesterday and they slammed our team, our board, one guy even went on to say I thought the A-10 was trying to drop teams like Fordham. This is sad as Charlotte has always respected us, albeit grudginly. It's always difficult being a Bills fan, this year it's excrutiatingly painful. Well at least we won't be crying on Selection Sunday, I think our season ended when we lost to Austin Peay. At my age I hate to see time fly by, but next year can't get here quick enough.

the charlotte fans were ripping the billikens even though they almost lost to us?

what does that say for the 49ers?