ISU over Cinn by 3

The clock is ticking...

We are coming down to the wire ...in more ways than one. 

I am sure many on this board  are not happy with the headline.  If you think the Schertz deal is done, you are ok with an ISU win ...if not, you are a Bearcat fan.

This is a meeting of 2 A-  teams both who were wrongfully shunned by the NCAA and both who were trying to make a point.  That point is ...The NCAA should have listened to their own computer..  Btw...as you may know the NCAA turns off its computer on Selection Sunday.  But mine keeps going and  mine shows that if today were Selection Sunday ISU would have a 57% chance to Dance.  Of course that is based on a combo of NET and Selection  committee.  In order to overcome the humans  (assuming you are not P5) you need about 70% to Dance.   If you are P5, you are good to go at 50% +.

Game Preview...This will be ISU toughest challenge so far in the NIT.  If the computer is right, we are looking at Apr 2 or 4 as a decision day which is what the program has been showing from the beginning.  As mentioned above these are 2 evenly matched teams at A-... The computer warns  there  is a flashing red light on Cinn... they are missing 3 players  all seriously injured in the last few games ...no questionable...out for season.  These players average a combined 70 min /gm.  Cincy is hurting both in production and depth.  Computer says if ISU can have an average game... it could turn into a blowout.

Bottom line....Rule #1...Nothing happens till ISU loses...Rule #2...In case of speculation, always follow Rule #1

Tick...tick...tick

38 minutes ago, longtimelistenerfirsttimec said:

I cannot or in anyway be a bearcat fan to much history (is  a bear or is it cat?)

Just thinking about Bobby Brannen and LaZelle Durden makes me sick to my stomach.   Mostly Brannen and his barbed wire tattoos.   

Can you imagine Hinkle Fieldhouse if Indiana State makes the Final Four?

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The clock is ticking...

We are coming down to the wire ...in more ways than one. 

I am sure many on this board  are not happy with the headline.  If you think the Schertz deal is done, you are ok with an ISU win ...if not, you are a Bearcat fan.

This is a meeting of 2 A-  teams both who were wrongfully shunned by the NCAA and both who were trying to make a point.  That point is ...The NCAA should have listened to their own computer..  Btw...as you may know the NCAA turns off its computer on Selection Sunday.  But mine keeps going and  mine shows that if today were Selection Sunday ISU would have a 57% chance to Dance.  Of course that is based on a combo of NET and Selection  committee.  In order to overcome the humans  (assuming you are not P5) you need about 70% to Dance.   If you are P5, you are good to go at 50% +.

Game Preview...This will be ISU toughest challenge so far in the NIT.  If the computer is right, we are looking at Apr 2 or 4 as a decision day which is what the program has been showing from the beginning.  As mentioned above these are 2 evenly matched teams at A-... The computer warns  there  is a flashing red light on Cinn... they are missing 3 players  all seriously injured in the last few games ...no questionable...out for season.  These players average a combined 70 min /gm.  Cincy is hurting both in production and depth.  Computer says if ISU can have an average game... it could turn into a blowout.

Bottom line....Rule #1...Nothing happens till ISU loses...Rule #2...In case of speculation, always follow Rule #1

Tick...tick...tick

Free Kenyon Martin!  

Free The Big O!

Can Huggy Bear return for some locum tenens work?

1 hour ago, BLIKNS said:

Can you imagine Hinkle Fieldhouse if Indiana State makes the Final Four?

And at the end of that Hallmark movie, what does the protagonist do? Makes me sick to my stomach thinking the emotions of that run would make Schertz skip out of Indy on the Wabash Cannonball whistling “Back Home Again in Indiana.”

22 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Free Kenyon Martin!  

Free The Big O!

Can Huggy Bear return for some locum tenens work?

That’s who my dad and his buddies want- don’t even know what he’s been up to. 

he yelled an f bomb at a player on the court in front of me when I was 5 or 6- my dad sat right behind him and yelled at him and he very politely turned around and apologized. 

cgeldmacher likes this

I know it's sacrilege on here but I've always liked Huggins. He always knew how to win and always found players that could win. He's had a lot of postseason play too. Something that seems to have eluded most of the coaches at SLU in my lifetime. But geez, he's 70 years old now.

2 hours ago, Billikitty7 said:

he yelled an f bomb at a player on the court in front of me when I was 5 or 6- my dad sat right behind him and yelled at him and he very politely turned around and apologized. 

Love it!

20 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I know it's sacrilege on here but I've always liked Huggins. He always knew how to win and always found players that could win. He's had a lot of postseason play too. Something that seems to have eluded most of the coaches at SLU in my lifetime. But geez, he's 70 years old now.

Majerus two electric bugaloo.....just hire him a dang driver

White Pelican likes this

19 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Me to. He loved spoon and was always complimentary of the Billikens. 

White Pelican likes this

49 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Majerus two electric bugaloo.....just hire him a dang driver

I just looked him up. He's a mere 65 wins shy of 1000. Get him a driver, buy him some players and shoot, he could hit that 1K mark in three seasons easy. If he gets us deep into The Dance, he could do it in two!

Billiken Rich likes this

7 hours ago, Billikitty7 said:

cool & u remember? great story

Cincinnati came close but lost the game. I was hoping for ISU to lose, after all, most of the game ISU was behind, but they won. I had hoped the announcement would be out tomorrow but not now, we still have to wait. Too bad.