GDT: SLU v. Richmond

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Meadows is worse.   Maybe he was playing injured but Meadows was a fail especially since he was a one year stop gap.   Meadows was supposed to be eased into the position but ended up being the primary.

But no doubt they were both bad and the primary floor reason for the season wasted imo. 

Medley will soon pass Goodwin for Assists as a Freshman, in substantially fewer minutes played.  He already passed McCall, and might catch MItchell.

Maybe 10 to 12 games into the season, before he was hurt, Meadows was in the Top 25 in the Nation in Assists to Turnover Ratio.

But hey, if these two are the worst combination of point guards in your fandom, it must be so.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Medley will soon pass Goodwin for Assists as a Freshman, in substantially fewer minutes played.  He already passed McCall, and might catch MItchell.

Maybe 10 to 12 games into the season, before he was hurt, Meadows was in the Top 25 in the Nation in Assists to Turnover Ratio.

But hey, if these two are the worst combination of point guards in your fandom, it must be so.

This is an awful post.

Way to cherry pick stats.

Medley turns the ball over at double the rate Goodwin did.  Medley's TO Rate is the highest for any rotation player in the last 20 years.

The only non walk on rotation PG I would rate lower than these two is Polk in the last 20 years.

Just got to watch the replay today. Congrats to Flight 22 and GibJim for their career achievements. I realize we lost by 16 and the season sucks, but I thought the Bills looked pretty good in spurts. One of those games where Richmond makes every tough shot and we go 6-24 on layups. How is that even possible? One of those games where they make a three while falling out of bounds and we make a three while standing out of bounds.

BTW, TJ had some excellent blocks but that chase down one was amazing. On to Rhody and maybe something good happens there.

31 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Just got to watch the replay today. Congrats to Flight 22 and GibJim for their career achievements. I realize we lost by 16 and the season sucks, but I thought the Bills looked pretty good in spurts. One of those games where Richmond makes every tough shot and we go 6-24 on layups. How is that even possible? One of those games where they make a three while falling out of bounds and we make a three while standing out of bounds.

BTW, TJ had some excellent blocks but that chase down one was amazing. On to Rhody and maybe something good happens there.

-a resignation?

5 hours ago, billikenbill said:

On to RI without Parker, Medley, or Curcic means a very understrength team on top of all other woes. This does not seem to be a good preamble to anything good happening in this game.

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

On to RI without Parker, Medley, or Curcic means a very understrength team on top of all other woes. This does not seem to be a good preamble to anything good happening in this game.

I’m guessing you meant Meadows, not Medley, unless something happened I haven’t heard about.